From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piper

Piper Member

Don't Orford/Williams use it too? They came to my mind immediately when I saw this dance.
  2. shah

shah Well-Known Member

:wall::wall::wall:

TAT has already ruined two programmes this season... I'd rather see a complete Morricone free dance than this atrocity with Marton and Tosca thrown at random... not to mention R/T's Pink Floyd that remained just a plan... :mad:
  3. Anya

Anya Member

R/T' Pink Floyd was choreographed and apparently they said that they might use it as an exhibition piece... I hope it is true, I would really like to see them doing something different.

I also wish they dump the first have of their SD to "My fair lady" and re-do the entire dance in the character of "With a little bit of luck". It looked good to me and they seem to have an ability to pull off such a comic character-driven dance.
  4. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Because they only bought one new CD & they're passing it around?

Last year's horrible piece of music was Blah Blah Cha Cha that about 6 teams used
  5. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

6. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

The King is on the ice.

He's showed up in a new and interesting costume.

According to reports on Twitter:

I presume the first bit means he did 4S, but I'm a bit confused by the seven triple Axels. Did he leave out every other jump and just do 3As in their place? :confused:
  7. love_skate2011

Plushy lands seven triple axels ??? :eek:

probably mistranslation
  8. lulu

lulu New Member

I'm almost hoping they meant 7 triple jumps, because if Plushenko landed 7 triple axels in one routine... :eek:
  9. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

If he landed 7 triple Axels in one routine everyone can just fall at his feet now and bow before him, because that would mean they've found a way to bulletproof his body :lol:

I think 7 triples is a more likely thing.
  10. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

11. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

12. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

How many Russian pairs and dance couples skate to the music from Godfather?
    Volosozhar/Trankov, Davankova/Deputat, Riazanova/Tkachenko...
  13. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Loved that :smokin: Great unison and they look in good shape. But ugh, the new lift rules make even Tatiana's look ugly!
  14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

No pre-program choreography?? :lynch:
  15. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

That was smoking hot. I feel the need for a cigarette.

I've already sworn not to comment about the lifts this season. I will cry when I see Vera forced to do them.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  16. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

It must be translation fail. Here it says: 4Sal with small mistake on the landing, seven triples, axel perfect.
  17. caseyedwards

I wonder how far they will go with a quad salchow. UR because it is early in the season or he really has only ever done a toe really well? Keep and improve or abandon? If he thinks he can't do two quads but one higher scoring one he will try and imrpove it.
  18. rfisher

Who cares about choreography when Maxim Trankov is sliding his hands down her body?
    Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  19. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

20. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Well-Known Member

Remember: FS is best with Smoke and Drinks, so get a glass of ...
  21. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

22. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Plushy Long program

I thought he was skating to Romeo and Juliet?? It's very bare most of the program, the last 30 seconds are fun.
  23. Macassar88

24. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

25. caseyedwards

Angry birds the program almost.
  26. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Plushenko after-the-test-skates interview: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5080.html

27. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Walked through 2 jumps and a spin, but I like the layout. Obviously still very new, very bare and the edit needs getting used to, but he seems to be covering the ice better. Very strong jumps and I love the circular steps during "the Swan". He can be so lyrical and fluid when he doesn't over work it, which unfortunately he did right after during the straight line steps to "Danse Macabre".
  28. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

I like Gachinski and his program. Too bad it probably won't survive in its current form till the big competitions. Gachinskiy from test skates is my favorite Gachiskiy :)
    Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Hot. Can't wait to see this with more chemistry and intensity. :swoon:
  30. rfisher

I was :lol: during that last step sequence. Sigh too bad we'll only get to see the full program at Russian nats and Europeans. I suspect it will be very different by then.
  31. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

D&D - I hadn't watched them from the JGP yet. Can't say I love it. I do see that the lifts look weird, but can someone explain exactly what the change is?

V&T - Wonderful expression from both, very musical, and I'm seeing more transitions. At least it's a different version of Godfather, but no one can tell this story like Candeloro (which to be fair I don't think they were trying to do, but then why not use a better piece of jazz?). I would love this if it were anyone but them, but I am always left feeling that they could do something better. I mean they're so new, yet it's probably their penultimate season already, and I want a masterpiece!

B&S - Definitely better from the judges' side. Love how he stays in character. But overall I'm not convinced.

Plush - A pleasure to see him skate to real classical music again. I loved the fluidity to some of his movements and I really liked his "choreographic sequence" or whatever it's called (I guess they had to make it a requirement to force him to have any choreo ;)). He even did a Sasha Cohen HMV type move, LOL! Really great light and shade and variation of tone in this program. I like it so much, I have a feeling he'll dump it by Euros. :p I don't know why he says this is his first 4sal, I thought he did one at a Russian Cup Event a few years ago. Anyway, it's been a while, so I'm impressed that at this age he's basically adding a new jump to his repertoire, while keeping his immaculate triple axel, which I swear looks better than when he was young. He looks to be in such great shape, I selfishly really wish he would do at least Cup of Russia. :(

Gachinsky - I liked it, I see the improvement, but I agree that the program will change, and not for the better, and when all he's left with is the music, it will be boring.
  32. love_skate2011

I like V/T SP better than their Evanesence

you forgot another Russian overused music for this season " Witch Doctor "
    :lynch:
  33. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Just watched Zhingashina & Sinitsin and really enjoyed it. The two halves are really disjointed, but they're really entertaining, both of them. Wish they could somehow link them better, but it's a very fun program.
  34. love_skate2011

Wasn't there a change in lift rule for junior also ?
    the first lift was ugly
  35. babayaga

babayaga Active Member

I didn't like V/T short at all :shuffle: Don't know why.
  36. Macassar88

Very un plushenko program. None of the arm flailing until the last music cut. I don't know how I feel about it. I was expecting a masterpiece to Romeo and Juliet and got this. It's not bad, just not what I think he's capable of.
  37. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Stolbova and Klimov have the first lift I haven't hated this year! I like the Addams family free and I hope she can get a hold of her jumps soon. I really appreciate how they consistently produce really original programs :)

I like Adelina's SP, too. Axel aside, the jumps were very well done and it really shows off her power.
  38. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

39. Macassar88

Vera looks stunning as always, but I think she looks better in lighter colors. And I hope that they give Yuri someone better to wear. He's boring enough as it is and an all black costume would have no connection to her dress.
  40. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.