From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skatingguy

skatingguy Active Member

I think it is early to tell who will finish where when looking at the teams ranked 4th through 8th at last year's worlds - Weaver/Poje struggled with levels in their free dance and need to rework the middle section to compete this season and that is why they finished behind Bobrova/Soloviev - they beat them in the short dance at both grand prix events.

2. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

Agreed. Equally, I/K at NHK had a level 1 YP sequence, low level twizzles & deduction for time & extended lifts, and C/L at TEB had low level YP sequences. All of the couples behind the top 3 have a lot of room left for improvement and it's far too early to be able to make a call on how things will shake out for the rest of the season.

3. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Yes - but it's not like Bobrova and Soloviev are out partying and not working. They will hopefully fix their YP levels and Staviski said that Zhulin will give them a new ending which will be more exciting (for the SD).

4. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

With Worlds in Canada I wouldn't worry about W&P. In fact, since I expect the Russian dancers to get a boost at GPF, W&P are probably better off not going, lest they be slotted in behind both.

Curious to see what I&K have done. Adding music to the vocal part is a no-brainer since they almost got a deduction for not having an audible beat. I certainly hope there's more changes coming.

5. Dance truth

Dance truth New Member

Piseev's wife judging I don't have a problem..all judges support they own federations

6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Any way you look at it s/s did better but I/k just made dumb mistakes that got deductions and their poor pattern on one polka. got to be because the free dance and team is facing incredible turmoil.

7. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Wow! 4 and 3 is low?? And they got 3 and 3 at Skate Canada. You must have confused it with FD where they got 2 and 2 on their step sequences at TEB (and that most likely was because they were uneasy and too cautious after Luca's fall on the twizzles).

8. Proustable

Proustable New Member

W/P'S SD beat B/S's SD in both competitions.

9. Penniless Rostrum

Penniless Rostrum Looking for my siggy!!!

I luv that B&S and C&L are going to the grand prix final, just have a feeling that I & K are prob feeling a bit entilted if thats the correct word to use, I love their open and free skating kind of reminds me of Bourne & Kraatz in a way but more to the point its not them its their overmarked programs that i disagree with getting them to the final !!!

10. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I can't read Russian, but the google translate doesn't sound so bad. She had food poisoning, which explains why she looked physically ill. I am glad they got through the program and even skated better than at CoR. I like to see that fight in them.

12. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

13. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I am going to be last post!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.