From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

2. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

3. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

alilou, thanks for posting, Tatjana, thanks for the article!

4. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

Thank you so much for the article. really nice to hear about max and tanya!!!

Love them so much <3

5. IRIS1975

IRIS1975 New Member

6. volotrankov

volotrankov New Member

thanks for the article about elena and nikita

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  7. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

I am puzzled by the comment that they can train to "generic" music and then expect to perform to the music which their programs are intended for? It seems ironic that this season's music has been specifically customized for the elements, which should be fascinating and unique, but why not train to it? They performed their program at the test skates last year also to different "generic" music, presumably to keep their 'real' music a secret, even though their competitors by then all had chosen their programs and music of course.

The last sentence about their trainer threatening to quit (I know where that reference comes from) is an odd and almost paradoxical statement to the notion of "taking the world by storm."

8. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Good news - Bobrova's luggage and skates have been found, according to Russian forums.
    http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/5310
    Also, here is an article where Zhulin says that Dimitri was sick for a few days but is doing better. Zhulin would be really happy with second place for Bobrova and Soloviev.

9. Macassar88

So Bobrova and Soloviev are in third place, as expected
    But there seems to be a consensus across almost all viewers that they have made significant improvements. Too bad the judges don't agree.

10. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

LOL yeah great improvement from B/S but no placement improvement as of yet. Need to beat W/P in the FD. Show placement improvement ability.

11. Macassar88

It's weird how low their components are though. At worlds last year with that god awful "latin" dance, they got more than a point higher PCS with a fall!

12. Macassar88

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  13. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Every time I think Morozov choreographed the worst programme ever he just goes and proves me wrong

14. sequinsgalore

sequinsgalore Member

What's with all the talking in the middle of the program? I get it's from the Ghost (musical), but that's just annoying.. plus there wasn't really a rhythm.

And are they really doing a Indian/Bollywood Polka?

15. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

No, Andijan Polka is Uzbek music - it's a little similar to Indian style dancing, but not quite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmuRmq17oG4

The free.... I like the first minute or so when it's just using the overture from the musical - they're skating it well, there's a lovely connection, but it loses me as soon as the talking kicks in. Re-edit needed, there is enough material in the musical to make a decent dance, they're just using all the wrong parts.

16. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

oh my, these costumes must have been borrowed of gorshkova/butikov :p

i have no words on this; very strange music cuts, drama all over the place, but to be granted, the costumes are very morozov-unlike, wonder oh wonder.

17. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

18. bek

bek Guest

I like the free better than Ave Maria... I like the first part though before the talking the best (although I love unchained melody)... They really have a lovely connection between the two of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  19. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

She is still so beautiful!

PML oh Lord, I&K need to wd from their GP events right now citing her shoulder injury, and change coaches and programs. He cannot be serious with those programs. Send them to Zoueva for all I care. And people made fun of the voiceovers in V&M's Umbrellas, hah! Ghost the musical really? Did you ever think you'd see an FD with a voiceover that says "I'm talking to you, esse!" in some caricatured Latino voice? :lol: :lol: This is what happens when you waste all summer traveling... now there is no time to make necessary changes.

Too bad because their skating does look somewhat improved, and he especially is such a good partner now, but their lifts are still crap and the programs are boring.

That version of Unchained Melody is quite nice actually.... first two minutes of this program are salvageable if the talking is removed.

20. bek

bek Guest

I want them to go to Igor.

21. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Anyone is better than Morozov! Igor's programs are pretty boring from what we've seen so far, but at least they're not.... whatever it is that I&K are doing. At this point I would consider Tchaikovskaya to be an improvement!

22. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

23. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

Well that program is ridiculous:rolleyes:...perhaps they are teasing us and will change the music later on but, somehow, I feel this is one of Morozov's great ideas and "innovations" like putting lyrics in Amodio's programs.
    It's really frustrating cauze, OTOH, I think they're skating better than ever:(

24. Macassar88

So you want two Russian dance teams to do Godfather to complement the two Russian pairs doing it?

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:fragile: I can't believe it is Ghost the Musical. I had myself convinced that it was Ghost (that other movie w/ the Desplat soundtrack). I mean who would pick this for a program?????? Oh dear, they just continue to struggle to get it right. The SD will be a change from perky polkas, but that FD :scream:

26. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Not sure if you have ever seen the movie... the first part portrays the love story between the characters. There is a famous scene where they make clay sculptures to the music of Unchained Melody. In the middle, he gets shot in an apparent mugging. He then comes back as a ghost and finds out that the shooting was not random and he needs to save her life (which they don't really portray in their dance).

27. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Hate this. Does no one in Morozov's camp care about subtletly and realize that sometimes less is more?:rolleyes:

28. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

B&S fans should thank Morozov very much for these craptastic programs for I&K.

I think the Andijan polka could be good with some work, but that Ghost program :eek:

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  29. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I/K twizzles looked really good there in the ghost program. If that is their official free Dance then they can tie some time between their last gp and Russian nationals or euros to change it if judges don't like it and their pcs goes below 8's.

30. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I think Elena & Nikita have a great FD.
    The SD, I'm not so sure on. Mostly because the music really bugs me.

You can tell that Elena hasn't been able to train as much because of her shoulder injury. She looks rather rusty.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.