From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

If that's the reasoning (and I can only guess it is since both skaters have done jumps and spins with different exits in the past) neither should be penalized for it as Macassar88 suggested.

2. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

To be fair, not only Macassar88 finds it annoying. So do I. :( Why else do you think I noticed that they are doing it on all their SBS jumps this season?

3. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I still shouldn't be marked down on the score sheet, it's not an error of execution, it's a choice of choreography exit. (Peter Tchernyshev is quite the choreographer.)

I like it just as much as placing your free leg on the ice behind you or swinging it around. The fact that some people don't like it is a difference in choreography not a problem with their execution of the element.

4. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I never said that I believe it should be marked down, but I do think they do it because they find it easier to build up the speed that way, which is a weakness. But not as important weakness to deduct for it. Like Yu-Na's lack of turn out in spirals. Maybe ugly, annoying, but acceptable.

My coach would not let me do that. But they can afford it because they are elite skaters.

5. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Maybe no official deduction, but I'd take away points in Skating Skills since it does detract from the flow of a program

6. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Some skaters don't lose points even due to a fall which clearly disrupts the flow of a program. IMO you are being a bit nitpicky here. :) It could factor into a very close competition, but normally I think it's OK to not penalize a skater for every little thing, particularly this early in a season. JMO.

7. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Well if flow out of a jump earns positive GOE, then the judges can simply not give them as much positive GOE if they think the skater is hopping out of the jump. In that sense, if their clean jumps are not all +3s, then perhaps it has been taken into account.... obviously, it's hard to tell which good things in a jump are being rewarded or not.

8. Macassar88

Well I'd take off PE points for falls as a judge

9. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link!

Levels aside, this looks a lot more polished than the Russian Test Skates - so they are really improving. Im sure they'll get their levels up for the GP.

This is an amazing FD for them. I like it more each time I see it. When I watched it, I was so caught up in watching them, I didnt really notice the elements - usually that's all I notice as most dancers just skate element to element - or that's what it seems like. This really creates a mood.

It's such a shame they waited so long to make a change - I can only imagine what they'd be like now if they had gone to Zhulin 2 years ago!

10. Vash01

I would too.

11. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

Funny this has been brought up. When I originally watched these programmes, I remember thinking that K/S must be doing that for two reasons: 1. to gain some momentum after almost coming to a stop with their solo jump elements; and, 2. to try to cover up the near stand-still at the end of their solo jumps. Of course, I have no idea if this is the actual reasoning behind it, but that was the impression that I got.

Otherwise, I think their programs this season are fab!

12. Macassar88

That's the impression I get as well

13. Dionysus

Dionysus Member

14. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

In the Miki Ando thread people are talking about a rumor that Ilinykh has dumped Morozov for a hockey player, and she mentioned it in some interview... anyone know what this is about?

15. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I think pinky is trying to say that Ilinykh never dated Morosov, but dumped Katsapalov for the hockey player.

16. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Yeah this.

17. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

OK once again:

Ilinykh is dating Morozov. This has been confirmed from reliable sources such as Ekaterina Pushkash's sprashivai.ru

Yeah, it may not please everyone but that's the way it is. End of story.

18. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Thanks for the video!! Shelepen makes it so hard to be a fan. Sokolovskaya does her no favors :eek:

Ilinykh is so dating Morozov. She had this profile photo of the two of them on instagram but took it down a couple of hours later. Deal people :lol:

P.S. Pushkash has a really big mouth as evident by her sprashivai.ru

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  19. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Why would Shelepen just skip an axel jump and not do a flip for some reason at the Sochi skate? That was just an odd thing to do. If the ankle was to bad for Axels just skip the jump anything else would be illegal.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

21. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I feel like Shelepen has regressed since leaving Tutberizde. I felt like last season, she was starting to become consistent and better, maybe had a shot at making the euro, world, and olympic teams in the coming years, but now it's not looking likely. Her skating seems very sloppy and her programs a bit odd, like the Gone with the Wind mixed with modern techno music at the end with sparkly pink barbie-style dress? And then the jazzy SP, I have my doubts as to if she will be able to pull off sexy/sultry/whatever she's trying to promote in that new SP well...

And as for Elena and Morozov, ew :yikes:, but if it's not a secret and her mother approves then whatever. She's only 18 so hopefully she'll come to her senses soon and dumb Morozov for someone worthy of her that's closer to her own age...

22. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Tuk competing in St. Petersburg Cup :cheer2:

this should determine her current status and if she will compete or withdraw from Skate Canada.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  23. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Wow That's a good news. I'm happy to know Tuk got better enough to compete ! :)

24. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Alexei Mishin interview: http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/5234

25. MysticHaze

MysticHaze Member

Yay for Tuk-Tuk, my favorite Russian lady! I am glad to hear that she is healthy enough to compete at SC.

It must really be awkward for Nikita when your ex is your partner and is banging the coach on the side.

26. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

At least he knows it will be for a limited period of time.

27. Vash01

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

28. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

Ask Roman Kostamarov, at least in that case Zhulin was with his wife.

29. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

I would say ask Maxim Marinin and Stanislav Morozov.
    Kostomarov is a bad example, he was never in a relationship with Navka.

30. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

what have i missed with s.morozov and volosozhar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.