From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

aww that's so bad, I thought it will just take a few weeks to heal :(
    I'm not a G/E fan but hope at least she has a quick recovery same for Sui

with them almost likely not competing also at nationals ?
    I think top pairs competing to be ranked on top 7 spot will between
    Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Larionov, Stolbova/Klimov,
    Davankova/Deputat, Martiusheva/Rogonov and Tarasova/Morozov

2. viviabond

viviabond New Member

Tarasova/Morozov have nice twizzle, but they still throw double loop

3. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Considering their decline last season and sitting out this one entirely I have the impression they are pretty much done.

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Some constructive input from me: Makarova as a brunette looks like Johnny Wier.

5. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Just watched them, and even though I think the program is a bit :blah:, they've clearly improved technically and they look way more ready for the season here than they did at the test skates last season. The twizzles, footwork sequences, and lifts all look more snappy and secure than last year for sure. Shpilband's work is apparent there.

I just wish they had a more unique FD to show off their strengths.

6. analia

analia Active Member

Where is I/K?

7. laire

laire Member

Elena injured her shoulder this summer, still recovering. They promised to be ready for COR.

8. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Well she never actually did those two positions in the same spin. Once she got the perfect Donut Kustarova went and ruined it by taking out the layback and giving her that awful biellman position that she can't hit.
    And I think that the spin will look better eventually. She dropped her boot and it was probably a fluke rather than a choreographed thing.

9. Macassar88

Like doing Pink Floyd?

10. Macassar88

Also, are Kavaguti and Smirnov really reusing their awful olympic fs music?!?

11. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Find 10 differences
    cats programme , waltz programme

is it just me or they are pulling Kwan and skating the same programme to two different playbacks?

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Macassar88

Another thing, Zhulin gave both BS and MK the same lift... That's a major choreographic no no. Look at Bobrova and Soloviev's first lift and compare it to Monko and Khaliavin's SD lift.

Anyway I love the two different parts of Bobrova and Soloviev's free dance I just don't think they make sense together. Although none of that matters as long as they get their levels.

Also, the goodthing about Kavaguti and SMirnov not doing cats is that we won't have to hear commentators joke about her cat like reflexes or landing like a cat every time they perform

13. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

B/S FD screams Pethukov to me. Didn't he join Zhulin's team? I see lots of Domshabs moves here and the style reminds me a lot of Pethukov's work. Anyway, the first part seems promising, but after that, as someone else pointed out already, it turns into a hot mess.
    What happened to their lines, anyway??

14. iris81

iris81 New Member

Yes, you are right. I also rewatched Zlobina-Sitnikov FD, and they also have this lift :D

15. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

I want to see Smirnov in a cat outfit!!! We were robbed. (I guess I should display my fantasies in public)

16. zotza

zotza Active Member

I loved it.I was pretty dissapointed but this is what I was expecting from them.Finally.Really,who could say that B/S can explode the way they do at the second part.
    It doesn't smell Petukhov to me apart from some connecting steps,but he's working in the group anyway so he may have had involvement.
    I saw their lines. Is that the new "let's destroy B/S" motto for the season?
    Honestly,hands off to them for going there,I honestly wish V/M would try to do something like this (who already have their titles and are not risking)

I was dissapointed by R/T.Whoever did that program lost all the imagery that the music has.It was as if you were trying to see a painting that just wasn't there.I wanted to choreograph inside the neverending crossovers.
    S/Z looked more junior than last year that they were Juniors.
    I like P/G and I usually don't.But Guerreiro was very expressive

17. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

No, no, I actually love them to bits, just can't see their lines anymore, or anything fresh in the choreo after a promising start.

18. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I think Maisuradze with his new partner should definitely be better than Tarasova/Morozov. Tarasova/Morozov definitely have potential, but they are still juniors.

19. love_skate2011

20. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

21. love_skate2011

much much better Im beginning to love this SP , If only she would rid of her horrible LP :(

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I thought the vocals weren't allowed until after Sochi.... :confused:

Anyway, LOVE! This will be my fave of the season for sure. Can't help but grin ear to ear watching this girl... she is infectious! Not sure why she is shooting someone in the beginning :rofl:....

I'm not sure if it was just the camera angle, but I hope she actually does start the program with her butt towards the judges :respec: Nice to see a girl with curves!

23. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I love Sotnikova's program. That 3-3 was awesome.

Leonova's program looks like a lot of fun. Her expression is just so happy and infectious.

24. love_skate2011

25. love_skate2011

26. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Korobeynikova's dress is gorgeous.

Sometimes, I really thing that Moskvina is still creating programs with B&S in mind, even if the team in front of her is nothing like them. That's how I felt watching K&S's SP.

27. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I wouldn't say disaster.... Smirnov was still able to complete the lifts. If it had been serious he would have stopped. Hope he is ok. :)

I loved that opening pose. Beautiful flowing program... this is the style that works for them. Yes, I too couldn't help but think of B&S, sigh.

28. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

29. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I can't believe Smirnov was able to lift Kavaguti and throw her after that jump landing, which is where he first appeared to be hurting. They looked so good until then.

Too bad about the cats program: it was, thankfully, not set to a track from "Ferrante and Teicher Play 'Arpeggios for Dummies'" like every second program at the test skate. One of the highlights was Moskvina skating on in the middle to demonstrate.

30. lulu

lulu New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.