From Russia With Love - Autumn 2012

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Wow, V/T skating to Bach's Chaconne. One of my favorite pieces of music ever! I think it's a hard one to skate to and sell though.

2. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

It's actually a mix of Bach's Chaconne and Vitali's Chaconne.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=97xlBipnzG8
    They take the beginning theme a couple times (from around 25 seconds in)

3. inskate

inskate Active Member

It's actually Ikuko Kawai's "Violin Muse" (also known as "Violin Muse Based On Two Chaconne"), which was based on both of the pieces mentioned above. :) V/T mentioned that their music was from a Japanese artist, and that the program will be the dedication to tsunami disaster victims.

4. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Ah, yeah, I figured there was another piece cut in there since I didn't recognize half of it!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

It's a very heavy piece of music but it's going to get high marks regardless of how it looks.

:rofl: Watching the coaches and the parents is just as fun, they should have picture in picture at all competitions.

6. Macassar88

Danell Leyva's dad is quite hilarious

7. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Noone can beat Martin Skotnicky watching his students, complete with hopping along the side of the rink during step sequences. It's such a pity we don't have videos of him. Does anybody have one?

8. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Marius Negreira (ROU) is as good as Slotnicky. And his skaters are often not he most interresting, so I tend to follow him instead.:eek:

TAHbKA and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

MWahahhahaa. Hilarious. :rofl: And scary at times! It's amazing how she's into it. It's like the sky could fall and she wouldn't notice.

10. Marshan

Marshan New Member

Thanks! It's just her full name is Irina Vladimirovna Zhuk. That means her father's name is Vladimir not Stanislav. Also Irina's bio states she was born in Kharkov (present day Ukraine), while Stanislav was from Moscow. I don't think they are related cos' that fact would have been well known by now...

11. lulu

lulu New Member

Thanks for the information. :) And welcome to the board! :40beers:

12. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Moreover, there are quite many people in Russia who have the surname "Zhuk".
    Even I am coaching a Russian girl with this surname...in Germany ;)

13. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Here is an article about Maisuradze and partner: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5147.html

He says that they made quick progress despite having teamed up only two months ago. They work with Artur Dmitriev, their SP - Kalinka, LP - Take Five, first competition at the Russian Cup series in December in Moscow.

He also says that as far as he knows, Ilushechkina will be released by Russian Federation and will be able to participate in international competitions in a year, until then they are going to skate at domestic events in France.

As her wiki page says, Maria Mukhortova has joined Russian Ice Stars http://www.wildroseltd.co.uk/company.html

14. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

thanks for the updates..

looking forward too see nodari and lubov with their new partners.
    woukd be great if the russian fed would release her.

and sad about mukhortova, all the divas are gone :D

15. Macassar88

Well Domnina hasn't officially retired yet... (She and Maxim are still reserve skaters even though they're effectively retired)

16. lulu

lulu New Member

"Take Five", the jazz single? (It's the only "Take Five" I know of.) I love jazz music, and I'm looking forward to seeing the program.
    Thanks for the summary. :)

17. Jeschke

haha, this would be the gag of the year, if domnina with whomever will come back 2014.

i personally like dom/sha, but i don´t think the russian fed will set on this really dark horse :D

18. Macassar88

OMG the conspiracy!!! Especially when the ISU decides to change the Finnstep to the Tango Romantica at the last second!!!

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

So the russian fed has released another skater for France ? Cool !!

20. Macassar88

I doubt that Lubov will have the same success as Marina did.

21. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I don't care, she's so much better than some of the pair skaters we have, that her presence could help the other realize what's necessary for pairs skating... :)

22. Jeschke

:D

but it´s funny. this will be a bloody showdown for the sotchi spots anyway, her joining the 'party' would be so much fun.

23. Macassar88

I honestly think that her coming back tomorrow with a good partner would give Russia a better chance at a medal in Ice Dance than any of the other three teams. Although I feel like Zhulin has a small chance with Bobrova and Soloviev, I don't really think they have enough time to get on the judges good side whereas Domnina would automatically get amazing PCS because of her rep.

24. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Honestly, I agree. Even with Kostomarov. :eek:

25. Macassar88

Or Khoklova :lol:
    I'd rather Navka and Kostomarov come back and win gold in Sochi. But only if she wears her headband in both the SD and the FD.

26. lulu

lulu New Member

Or at least have Navka come back. :eek: ;)

27. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

So basically it's all about Navka coming back to skate with Domnina? Or Khokhlova? Am confused.

28. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

3rd place is still open
    though I think it ill be a battle for B/S and I/K for Russian No. 1

I am interested on how I/K will be scored this season, this season
    will be their deciding factor where they will stand in Russian Team and on World rankings for Olympics season

29. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I miss Khokhlova and Mukhortova, such a waste of young competitive talent.

I'm happy Lubov can compete next year.

30. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

I am still heart broken over Russia losing Lubov. She is the closest thing to Katia Gordeeva. Even though Maisuradze could never be compared with Sergei, she could have found a good partner and a great coach (Moskvina) in Russia. Now it's hard to tell how she will do in the long run. I like Martiusheva-Rogonov, but I don't have much faith in them because although they are beautiful to watch, they have always struggled with their technical elements. Plus, she does not have the kind of personality on the ice that Lubov has.

I am really looking forward to seeing Lubov & her new partner in some Yt clips.

I think she may not be as successful in pairs (skating for France) as Marina was in ice dance because the Russian pairs field is usually deeper. The ice dance field was not strong after K&O had to retire.

Of course right now she is lucky not to be an ice dancer because ID is dominated by NA teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.