From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Eislauffan, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3T3T

3T3T Member

I am disappointed to see that Petaikina and Kudruikov have split up I really like them as a couple. I thought they were going to medal at this years juniors world after a good short they had a disappointing free. I thought they had potential. Hope it works out with Bezmaternykh, he has had a lot of partners, he is overdue some success.

Intereting to see that Lybov is now skating in France there must have been problems with the coach/partner, I thought she had planned on retiring. Will the Russians release her though?

Any word on what K/S are planning? Their clar de lune has to be one of my favourite paris programmes ever.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The problem was her not really landing any of her jumps. :p

3. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Sure, she did have trouble with her jumps. But that was not the reason that ended their partnership! It was not Nodari who ended it. It was Ljubov. If Nodari's camp claims that she gave up because she doesn't want to skate any more, and then she appears skating with someone else, one would wonder why was she in such a rush to finish the partnership with Nodari and move somewhere else. According to their coach, without even bothering to tell him...

4. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Ekaterina Petaikina had grown too tall for Maxim Kudriukov. He is rather short. Today I visited the rink where he is skating. He has a new partner, Kristina Astakhova. She skated pairs before with Nikita Bochkov. I talked to coach Sergei Dobroskokov and Vasilisa Davankova/Andrei Deputat. They are focusing on juniors internationally but they might do some senior B events and certainly senior Nationals. They want to do the JGP events in Lake Placid and in Zagreb.

As for Lubov Iliushechkina and Nodari Maisuradze, I think she must have been unhappy. I would not just blame her partner or her coach for that, I think that is too easy.

5. analia

analia Active Member

That's Maisy Ma, single skater from Hong Kong I believe.

6. feraina

feraina Well-Known Member

Ahh, you're right. 马晓晴 in Chinese. 12-years-old. Born in HK to parents who now live and work in Beijing (for the past ten years). She's been training at a private ice rink in Beijing, and gets only 90 minutes a day on ice. Says her idol is Yuna Kim, and hopes to represent Hong Kong in the Olympics. She placed 7th in this year's National Championship:
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/6123111.htm?fromTaglist

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Maisy Ma was 7th at the 2012 Chinese National Winter Games and recently won the Hong Kong Junior Ladies national title -- link to the 2012 Hong Kong Nationals thread where I've re-posted feraina's info and a video link for Ma: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3571316#post3571316

Summarizing the recent Russian pairs splits and formation of new teams so far...

Split pairs:
    Lubov Iliushechkina & Nodari Maisuradze - 6th at 2011-12 Russian Sr Nationals
    Ekaterina Petaikina & Maxim Kurdyukov - 7th in Sr; 2nd in Jr; 6th at 2012 Jr Worlds
    Oksana Nagalatiy & Konstantin Bezmaternikh - 11th in Sr
    Alexandra Vasilieva & Yuri Shevchuk - 7th in Jr; 11th at 2011 Jr Worlds
    Kristina Astakhova & Nikita Bochkov - 7th at 2011 Jr Worlds

New pairs (confirmed):
    Kristina Astakhova (15) & Maxim Kurdyukov (21) - coached by Sergei Dobroskokov
    Julia Antipova (15) & Nodari Maisuradze (24) - coached by Natalia Pavlova & Artur Dmitriev
    Ekaterina Petaikina (17) & Konstantin Bezmaternikh (24) - coached by Natalia Pavlova & Artur DmitrievNatalia Mytina (18) & Yuri Shevchuk (21) - coached by Natalia Pavlova & Artur Dmitriev

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  8. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, Eislauffan. I wish the best of luck to all the new pairs!

9. Eislauffan

I checked now on the Russian database at fskate.ru and found Natalia Mitina's birthday: August 8, 1993. So she is indeed 18 years old and will turn 19 this summer.

10. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

11. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

http://fs66.ru/news/2012-05-17/chem...-soboj-i-prosit-francuzskoe-grazhdanstvo.html

Lubov Iliushechkina wants to skate for France

President of Russian figure skating federation Alexander Gorshkov told at the executive committee meeting that on April 6th he received a letter from Iliushechkina, written in English, in which she asked to let her skate for France with a partner whom she found via Internet. His first reaction was negative: "We invested so much creative effort and finances in her that it would be unthinkable to just "present" her to France, especially two years before the Olympics".

Iliushechkina's father came to Alexander Gorshkov and Valentin Piseev and brought with him her diaries that shocked even Piseev, who has seen a lot in his lifetime. As Piseev told at the meeting, the diaries provided the evidence that the situation in Natalia Pavlova's group was completely abnormal and Iliushechkina was even close to suicide attempt at some point.

It made Gorshkov change his personal attitude to the situation. RFSF is ready to offer Iliushechkina another partner (whose name is not known yet), and the famous coach Tamara Moskvina is willing to work with her. But Iliushechkina refuses all the offers and continues to train with the partner she found on the Internet. If she continues to decline all the offers from RFSF, Gorshkov is inclined to make her sit out two years and release her only after the Olympics.

"We don't want another Anissina", - explains the president of RFSF.

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

:eek: What the hell is going on there?!

13. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

Poor girl is all i have to say. and everyone can tell that the coach and the partner just totally blame her for everything.

Narumi couldn't land jumps majority of the time, not less than Lubov, but you never get that weird vibe from Mervin or their coaches, they always seem very supportive of her and they just keep working hard together, and they are world medalists now.

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  14. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Poor girl :(

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

i´m sorry for lubov, too.

but let´s be honest.
    she got so much support from the russian fed, it´s absolutly clear, that the russian fed doesn´t want to release her. youn can´t blame on them for 'maybe faults' of her former coach and partner.

the proposal with moskvina and a different partner (okay, we don´t know who it should be) sounds not that worse with kavaguti/smirnov vanishing at the latest 2014 and moskvina no promising pair on the line (sorry, for the gerboldt/enbert fans).

i can understand lubov for totally letting that part behind her, but then, if she really wants to, she has to wait those years, like others before.

but the russian fed should maybe sent a sign in 'taking more control' over some coaches ... don´t know.

16. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I thought they can't make her sit out two years. They can do only a year because only one of the partner's is changing the country (her new partner is French and they want to skate for France). Or am I mistaken?

17. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I believe that applies only if the federation is willing to release the skater (e.g. Tatiana Volosazhar's country switch). Actually, is there any way for a skater to change countries if the original federation makes it difficult? If not, I'd love for someone to take the matter up with CAS and see what they have to say about it.

France could certainly use a decent pair in Sochi, if only for the team event...

18. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I don't want to sound unsympathetic to her, but since she has virtually no chance of making the Sochi team for Russia, regardless of who she skates with, and an excellent chance if she skates for France, I'm a little suspicious of these diaries being presented now rather than her Dad trying to intervene a couple of years ago. I hope she can be released and skate for France as I love her and would like to see her skate in Sochi. I doubt that's going to happen. :(

19. Eislauffan

In any case it will be difficult for Lubov to skate for France in Sotchi. Even if the Russian Fed should go ahead an release her, she still would need to get French citizenship. I doubt that it can be processed so fast (she is not coming from an EU country).
    I understand that the Russian Fed is not releasing her just like this (actually Skate Canada and US Figureskating are doing the same) after all that was put into her career. I completely understand Lubov, too, as the depth in Russian pairs makes it difficult to get through. For sure she was unhappy the last year and to me she looked anorexic. I talked to Natalia Pavlova about that last fall and she was very concerned as well.

20. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

The fight for the Olympic Team, I presume. Anyway, I still feel very strong that in this exact conflict all the parties involved are guilty. I neither approve or disapprove of anyone.

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

My feelings exactly. And to blame the coach and partner is ridiculous :rolleyes:

22. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It's very apparent that Lyubov has been suffering from some kind of eating disorder. :(

23. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

We don't know that! It is apparent that she was really unhappy, but she could have been loosing weight from the stress, not from the eating disorder. The news of eating disorder came actually from her coach in one interview. Considering how negative was her coach about her in the interviews, I think the eating disorder 'slip' was just a bitchiness from the coach; it may not necessary be based on the truth. I used to have quite high opinion about Pavlova based on the work she has done with both Illushetchkina and Martiusheva, but I have to say that I have lost this high opinion because of the interview after Lubov and Nodari split.

24. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

:rolleyes: back at you.

Not if they treated her badly. The post-split interview was certainly shocking. Not everyone who speaks out and claims that they have been mistreated are "just blaming" others.

This is a common reaction that rape victims get, btw. Instead of blaming the man, the girl is blamed ("what did she go out at night anyway"). In psychology it is called "terror management". - "If the victim herself is to blame then nothing can happen to me because I don't act as her ergo I am safe."

I don't pretend to know if she was mistreated also several signs point the way that something was majorly wrong in the last couple of years. But I don't like the blaming the party who opens their mouth to talk about the abuse.

25. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

And we don't know this too;) In fact, we don't know much about the situation at all. I'd rather wait until they all are ready to talk about what happenned without any needless emotions. This will not be soon, but this will be sometime. Judging them at this point is extremely subjective anyway, since the parties involved are subjective too.

However, she did have a disorder, it was obvious and it was definitely an eating disorder but probably caused initially by some other disorder.

26. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

Does someone have a link to this interview?

27. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

28. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I agree.

29. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Did she? So you diagnosed her, did you? :rolleyes: And how would you know if she was loosing weight because she has an eating disorder, or if she was loosing weight because she was too stressed to eat? All we know is that she was on the thin side, but we do not know what was the reason behind it.

30. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

thanks! I don't like the way her coach speaks about her. After all Lyobov is only 15 years old. If she talks like that to the press, one can only wonder the way she talks to her pupils in private.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.