From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Eislauffan, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

2. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thanks! Very nice expression and attack (almost too much, lol). Really pretty music. Love her upper body movement. Strange though, cause the beginning and end seem to be there, so maybe they cut from the middle (with most of the jumps??)... maybe this is an exhibition version.

Her hair is so dark! People won't be able to make fun of her blonde dye job anymore.

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

4. love_skate2011

Makarova still has no 3-3
    and Biryukova doesn't look like in good shape is she ? that was a splatfest :(

I like Shershak , she now has a 3F :cheer2: attempted a 2A-2t-2t but I'm bored using same programs from last seasons

Polina Korobeynikova: swan lake.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ01HYmbrSw

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  5. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

6. love_skate2011

its a Japanese song I guess
    but I thought it was an Indian Hip Hop ? :confused:

7. Miruna

Miruna New Member

I think it's Poeta(Vicente Amigo). I remember Lambiel skating to this music
    Her SP is an Indian Hip Hop

8. inskate

inskate Active Member

Nope, it's La Poeta En La Mar by Vincente Amigo, a flamenco piece (Stephane Lambiel skated a great LP to this piece).

That was supposed to be her SP. :)

EDIT: Miruna was faster than me! :)

9. love_skate2011

I listened to the second half and indeed Lambiel has skated to this music

10. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

11. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Again? I know this is a different piece of the ballet, but she had an SP to the Russian Dance from Swan Lake for the past two seasons.

So much better than RFAD (it could hardly be worse). I like the footwork and I think the program will be better when she's in costume and fully selling it as only she can. I guess Morozov's MO is fun SPs, serious LPs. I preferred it when she had fun programs for both. :p

12. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

lol, I guess today was a good day for me to be home sick. :D There were some pretty moments in there but it was a bit generic.

13. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Rough skate, but the program itself is lovely. The sbs jumps still need work.

Her dress is so simple, but so gorgeous.

14. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

15. love_skate2011

I liked it, hope they can clean all the jumps
    and that fluke sack potato catch from her triple twist was a bit weird expression from them, lol

Smirnov's hair is disgsuting !

16. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I really like it, I think those errors esp on the twist will work there way out.

17. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Yuko's dress is fug! Makes her look like a little girl. I like Smirnov's costume though. I think he looks kinda like Bo Brady with the hair and facial hair. I kinda like it.

18. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

19. julieann

I like Smirnov's costume (he does need a hircut!) but Yuko wore that dress years ago so I'm hoping she gets a new one (it is a test skate after all) although I wouldn't put it past Moskvina to keep it.

They look pretty good for a brand new program, I guess they just scrapped the "Cats"?

Smirnov also had knee surgery this summer too so I don't know how bad that was, it can only look better. It looked pretty slow.

20. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Agreed. They look so mismatched. And didn't they use this music for an exhibition before? Very blah.

I do love Yuko, but Smirnov is so sexy and rugged, sometimes I wish his partner were more womanly, like Savchenko.

21. love_skate2011

Maxim Kovtun apparently did 4t3t, 3a3t, 3a

22. martyross

martyross Active Member

they used Blue Danube in the Olympic LP.

23. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Makarova's programme is gorgeous, though it reminds a bit too much of her SP - looks like a variations on the SP rather than the LP.

KawaSmi - lovely, though I would expect them to finally skate something a bit more mature. Hey ho. Perhaps when she's 40 Kawaguti will be skating a 17y.o. girls programmes, till then we are stuck with her being 12. As long as she lands her jumps and throws... I also keep expecting from Moskvina's couples to integrate the elements into the programme (a perfect pairs SP in my books is BerSih's 2002 SP), yet it never happens with KawaSmi - you can always tell `oh, here are the steps' `here are the jump preparations' etc. It's elements, elements, elements and oh, right, there was some programme according to the costume

MarRog - all nice and lovely, but it felt like 20 minutes, rather than 3. The programme starts nowhere and goes nowhere. I also had an impression they only used half a rink (though it could be the recording, of course).

Leonova - I got bored in the middle. Am sure it's a genious programme, but I'll need a bucket of coffee to sit through

24. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

25. julieann

Yuk! Moskvina hasn't had a original thought for eons now but if she was going to recreate a new sp in a few weeks I would have rather it been that gypsy exhibition from last year. I thought that was kind of fun.

26. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

My general thought on all the programs minus Menshov and B&S SD.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  27. love_skate2011

I like B&S LP music but they still need more speed !

28. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

I'm not really seeing that much improvement in B/S - she's holding her head better, but she's still so bent in the middle & it just seems like there's no core strength. The FD has potential, but mostly it just makes me think of Zlobina/Sitnikov's far superior dance from last season. Disappointing.

29. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Actually, I think there is a big improvement in B/S.

30. Cloudy_Gumdrops

I don't like either of B&S's programs.

She did look highly improved in the SD dance though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.