From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Eislauffan, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

That sounds serious. I love Liza and would hate to see her miss the GP series.

2. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

I hope not, she still has a month and a couple of weeks before the start of her 1st GP assignment. thought yes I always get scared when I see a "Ligament" sort of injury even if it is called a minor type.

3. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Where was this reported? Please could you post a link to the article.

4. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Any news about Makarova?

5. doctor

doctor New Member

6. Glacier cat

Glacier cat Member

Really!? :wall: I just wish her knee will be ok asap :wuzrobbed

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  7. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjSXgsoppzk&feature=plcp
    Just watched Zenkova and Sinitsin's FD choreographed by Zhulin. All I gotta say is that if this is the type of choreography he put into Bobrova and Soloviev's FD, they're screwed. In terms of costuming, even Kustarova could have done a better job. Overall, it was terrible even with the final two lifts being interesting.

8. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I hope that is "Zhulin" meaning Volkov and not the real actual Zhulin.

9. Macassar88

Whoever it was, I hope that that person ups their game for Bobrova and Soloviev. Because a FD similar to this would probably bump them to number 3 or even 4 in Russia.

10. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I basically agree. This is not a good preview of the Zhulin groups work. Hopefully everything goes up from that.

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I really like the entrances into the dance spin and the twizzles. She has lovely posture.

12. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

not translating everything, just the main points

Zhulin's interview for Team Russia 2014 - `We were trying to come up with a completely different style for Bobrova/Soloviev'

Zhulin says all the Russian leading pairs, inc. Bobrova/Soloviev and Monko/Khaliavin improved a lot;
    Zhulin choreographed all 4 programmes for those 2 pairs. They used an unusual, yet well known music.
    His pairs were more criticized than praised in the test skates. The juniors dance - blues is a bit boring as it is, and it's hard to make it interesting. Zhulin finds it rather hard working with the juniors because they don't understand the goals and think if they joined Zhulin/Volkov group everything will miraculously work out. They don't realize they have to work hard and he is not too satisfied with his junior pair. They progressed ,but not as much as Zhulin would want them to. He is very satisfied with the seniors: they are open to any suggestion and willing to work hard.
    According to Zhulin he finds the juniors logic buggling: they think the coach needs their work more than they do, that the coaches will do all the work and such difference in approach saddens him
    Bob/Sol's skating was changed a lot. So did their goals and motivation. Zhulin is satisfied with the process.
    They worked a lot on chaging the image, the costumes, the characters etc. They were trying to depict a man and a woman and their relationship on the ice, and not just partners who perform the elements. Zhulin says their image was of the 70-80s and it was important to make them look modern. They did their best, but there was not too much time, so he hopes there are changes and there will be a continuation. Zhulin needs to work for 3 years with the pair till it becomes `his'.
    He expects to be critisized a lot, but then he is used to that, so it's fine.

13. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Can't watch right now... what is the style/why is it bad?

14. Macassar88

The FD is to cats. The costumes are atrocious and make them both look bad. The program itself is really boring with ugly positions in lifts and spins. The music itself is pretty boring as well and they could have come up with much better cuts from cats.

15. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

You have to see it, it is not possible to describe THAT. The costumes seems to prevent having any nice lines, the music is sort of....boring... Though they have done surprisingly well, considering what they have to skate to.

On the other hand, we can hope that he gave his junior pair this because he was keeping 'the proper stuff' for his senior couples. :)

16. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

It seems to me that he is preparing ground for making excuses if things don't work out well. He says he needs three years...but the Olympics are in 2014!

17. Macassar88

Yes I agree. But I think it's a good plan. It's better than cutting corners to try for Sochi bronze and limiting their growth in the future. After all, he says that they will be peaking in 2015 which is when they'll actually be able to vie for world championships because Tessa and Scott and Davis and White will be retired so it will probably be them, Ilinykh and Katsalapov and Weaver and Poje.

18. love_skate2011

the cats costume were hideous indeed, I'd still say their best hope for 2014 is Ilinykh/Katasalapov abeit inconsistent and hopefully the continued improvements of Sinitsina/Zhiganshin plus leaving A/K

19. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm not going to throw away B&S's chances over a early fall performance by a junior team. And at least there's more choreography in there than a typical Zueva program. :shuffle:

I *am* worried that Zhulin admits that his skaters were more criticized than praised at the trials and like hanca said, seems to be lowering expectations.

I thought B&S looked good in that SD run through that was posted a while back, so who knows.

20. love_skate2011

well this will be B/S make it or not season or else they will be buried even on their national rankings , I do think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin has the star quality and has the potential and living up to the hype is another thing but I think they can do better than Ilinykh/Katsalapov who are can either be hot/cold.

21. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

We mustn't forget Riazanova-Tkachenko, who are now with Spilband. :)

22. love_skate2011

No I didnt but they are so underrated......
    I do hope taht the Top 3 rankings in Russia will be in competition between

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin, Ilinykh/Katsalapov and Riazanova/Tkachenko

23. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

That sounds like a bright future (for 2018) to me.

24. love_skate2011

on another note, apparently Stolbova/Klimov finally now have their triple twist
    I would love to see this especially since they have poor form.... :scream:

25. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I think B&S may fall, but it would be a big shock for them to fall from first all the way to fourth. I do hope the Russian fed doesn't protect them (or I&K) if they falter. The Shibutanis proved that you can come out of nowhere (or juniors) to medal at Worlds, so if S/Z or M/K do well in their GPs, I hope the fed pushes them to the top. I also want to see R/T pushed up if they have improved a lot. Ranking by seniority is so 90s. With that said, I was not that wowed with S/Z the last couple of seasons. Maybe if they stop recycling D/W programs I'll be able to tell whether I like them or not. :p

26. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

27. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

So it will be throw 3loop in both the short and long programs? If S/S keep going for the 3axel in the short, that would give them a 2 pt base score advantage....And Max has a thing for :drama: pronouncements, i.e. 'blowing someone's head off' if they release their music music information

ETA: Thanks for the article link!

28. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Not to mention their sky high 3FTh :eek:

But V/T will make up point with the twist.

29. Macassar88

I have high hopes for bobrova and Soloviev. They are hard workers and showed good improvement already on their SD which I really enjoyed.
    As for sinitsina and Zhiganshin I have low expectations for them as long as kustarova and Alexeeva are coaching them. I can see Victoria's posture beginning to get worse already.

30. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.