From Russia With Love - 2012 Off Season

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Eislauffan, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

So much hype. No reason to be scared until people have actually seen them or they have at least announced the music, lol.
  2. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

No reason to be scared at all. If you don't believe that your coach can do better for you than another coach can, you should switch coaches immediately.
  3. senorita

senorita New Member

Isn't kovtun too young to drink or sth?
  4. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

And last year, all programs were supposed to be masterpieces. We all know what happened :cool::D
  5. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

well he's 17 I think...it's quite common for Europe.
  6. ice9

ice9 Active Member

I had such high hope for Kovtun. :drama:
  7. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Oh yeah and Kovtun is with Vodorezova now. I don't know if this has been posted here. His former coach from Ekaterinburg decided to stay with Morozov's group.
  8. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

I think it said Blues by Gary Moore so I'm guessing it's Still Got the Blues since it's on his facebook page :lol:
  9. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Now that's an improvement! :cheer2:
  10. Macassar88

11. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

Deleted.
    Nevermind, just posted a stupidity (for a change...)
  12. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I wonder which country they will represent. He represented Italy at the 2010 Olympics, and the following season he still competed at the GP events for Italy, so if they wanted to represent France, it is like if both of them were changing country. Would each of them have to sit up 2 years, or how would that be done?

Any news about whether the Russian skating federation will release her?
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  13. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

From the article (apparently sports.ru just used and translated material from French media) it seems pretty clear that they are going to represent France or at least want to represent France. They are training in France with a French coach. Since he probably kept French citizenship he should be eligible to skate for France again one year after his last competition for Italy. She still has to wait, though. Her last international competition for Russia was in the Grand Prix last year.
    As for her release, this of course might take longer especially since the Russian Federation president said earlier when it was first reported that she teamed up with Kocon a few months ago that he is not planning to release her right away.
  14. quiqie

quiqie Well-Known Member

Here is the original article: http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/act...les-rares-du-patinage-_40867-2098624_actu.Htm

It says they skate in Bercy and it seems she is ready to sit out as much time as needed:
  15. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

16. Macassar88

Apparently Bobrova and Soloviev performed their short dance in an exhibition and it was very entertaining
    There may be video, I'm super excited!
  17. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

I think they are going to do really well with polka. She has a certain exuberance that is well-suited to this dance--and talk about a smile that could light up an arena!

Also, I'm so happy Lubov found a new partner--can't wait to see them in action. Thanks for the updates, everyone!
  18. iris81

iris81 New Member

Tak and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Macassar88

Thanks a bunch for the videos!!! Any of Monko and Khaliavin? (that's probably spelled wrong)
    Also, do you mind if I post these on other forums to share?

After watching it for the first time, here are my comments:

Her posture is much better!!! Sure it isn't Tessa Virtue or Ekaterina Gordeeva perfect, but it's still much improved.
    Also, their twizzles were much more in sync. I always thought that Pechalat and Bourzat's twizzles were at their peak under Zhulin, and I think they look much better for Bobrova and Soloviev.

I'm super excited to see their Free now!
  20. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

the music for B/S is horrible
    surely even S/Z can do better than this !
  21. Macassar88

I liked it. I just think that it needs to be fleshed out more.
    But it is much better than anything that Kustarova would give them and has more of a polka feel already than their SD last year had Latin feel at the end of the season. Also there are already more difficult transitions.
  22. zotza

zotza Active Member

I guess the only way for B/S to be acceptable for some posters is if they stopped competing.:cool:

It looks good:watch:
  23. iris81

iris81 New Member

It's not my video, I found links on russian forum, so you do not need my permission to repost links :)
  24. Macassar88

I agree

I do have some criticisms though. I think that the lift would look better and go with the music better if they held they opening position for three seconds instead of doing the two positions with a transition between them.
    Also, I'm worried that the midline steps won't be difficult enough. I'm not good at telling steps and judging whether steps will get levels or not, but the steps seem really simple and have that period where they are pushing off on the ice kind of skipping instead of doing an extra step.

Yeah I realized that when I checked the russian forums myself. Still thanks for reposting it here!
  25. zotza

zotza Active Member

Yeah..To me it looked as though the step sequence was a work in progress,as well as opening and ending positions who just aren't there yet.I guess nobody wants to show their cards that early in the season even if it was an open practice.
  26. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

B&S look promising. :)
  27. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Yes it does .A strange ending but I thought the music in the second half was a nice contrast to the start :)
    Hope they don't go too OTT with the costumes though.
  28. Macassar88

Yeah definitely. Although I hope that the beginning couple seconds involve skating instead of stationary dancing because that will get them better program components.
    I have no doubt that Zhulin will continue to work their programs over the course of the summer and the actual season. I think that one possible reason for the easiness of the steps is that Zhulin wants them to maintain speed without sacrificing posture and realizes that it will take time for them to get used to his technique so he will add more difficult steps once the season gets closer.

Also, I agree that the ending is a little weird. But I think that will get fixed and that the area with the music change will get smoothed out as well.

Anyway, I think that if they keep improving at this rate, they may actually make the grand prix final. I doubt that they will do better than second in Skate America (most likely a third place finish) but if they have an amazing free they could upset Weaver and Poje. However, where they really need to deliver is Cup of China where they tend to get their best scores. I think that they could potentially win Cup of China if they get their levels.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

30. iris81

iris81 New Member

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  31. Macassar88

I think that her love story SP suits her better than her harp one. That said, it is also an easier program because the music carries her more.
    My one issue with the program is that there's no snowball throwing ;)
  32. martyross

martyross New Member

very good.
    this couple is interesting and the program is refreshing and creative.
    second part somehow reminded me of Harry Potter.
  33. love_skate2011

any reason Tuks ditching her opening 3lz-3t for a 3t-3t
    well I understand this was just a gala so no need for the 3lz-3t of sort
    so the fall was acceptable just needs better transitions and wow this will be amazing :swoon:
  34. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

That was not 3T-3T, it was 3S-3T. The season hasn't started yet and it is still quite a new program, so I wouldn't expect her to do her hardest jumps. I think she is brilliant that she went for any sort of triple-triple in July.

She seems to have more power and better coverage of the ice. She definitely improved during the summer.
  35. Lyinna

Lyinna Member

I love this exhibition! But it's sad how Gachinski always seems so disappointed when he's not perfect
  36. iris81

iris81 New Member

37. love_skate2011

^

boring latin again.
    It bothers me always that Monko is taller than Khaliavin, she grew so much
    is Khaliavin a midget by her standards ? :confused: :lol:
  38. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Sounds like a circus theme or a a carousel ride :lol:
  39. winterchik

winterchik Member

difficult transitions....well i can't see many..
  40. Nune

Nune Member

I agree, that Thuk has improved. But that program seemed a little be rushed for me anyway.
    Love story still needs more expression and feelings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.