From Russia With Love - 2011/12 Season 2

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Eislauffan, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemestone

Jemestone New Member

Thank goodness :)

2. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

If Bobrova and Soloviev move, I would be very happy. I like them as a team, and I think that, should they show success with KC, Sinitsina and Zhiganshin might move as well.

3. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Thinking of this, I'd really love to have Ilinykh/Katsalapov skate to either the "Dangerous Liaisons" or the "Cruel Intentions" soundtrack for the FD next season. It would be so fitting :>

4. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Oooh that has so much sexy potential.

Moka-Ananas and (deleted member) like this.
  5. MissIzzy

MissIzzy Active Member

Is Julia Vlasova even eligible anymore? I thought she turned professional.

6. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

Idk but she hasn't skated competitively in years and would appear too big for Nodari. I believe she is 5'3" and when she was last competing she wasn't particularly slight in build, especially for a female pairs skater. Nodari can find a partner to better match his talents and size I would think. I still think Agafonova would be a good partner for him if she still has any interest in switching to pairs, she is spunky and flexible and a very strong jumper and is still tiny even after her growthspurt.

7. equatorial

equatorial New Member

Noooooo! I want them to skate to OST to "The Hunger Games" portraying Katniss and Peeta:hat1:

8. sadya

sadya Active Member

My favorite FD this season was skated by Ilinykh/Katsalapov. I'm looking forward to next season.

9. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

My respect for La Khokh just went up about three millionfold.

Moka-Ananas and (deleted member) like this.
  10. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

According toVaitsekhovskaya's article for sport-express.ru

the last paragraph:
    Talking to the president of Russian Figure skating federation:
    EV: Many fans are saying the same: nevermind Russia has just one entry in the Worlds- Evgenii Pluschenko will come back and fix it. Do you cound on it as well?
    Gorshkov: I do.

:scream::scream::scream:

11. Yukari Lepisto

Yukari Lepisto Active Member

lol, are they actually counting on him to get three spots for the Olympics right away?

12. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

Say what you want, Plushenko has proved over and over that he is one of the most consistent skaters in the world. He has had very few meltdowns. If healthy, I think it is almost a given that he will place at least in the top ten and assure two spots for Sotchi. For three spots, he'd need to finish in the top two.

13. Yukari Lepisto

well, no one doubt that he will finish in top 10.. i said 3 spots, which he needs to finish in top 2, that i don't think is a given. and don't know why it made you think that i think Plushenko's inconsistent and not capable?? :confused:

14. senorita

senorita New Member

Question, maybe a stupid one: When Russia can use the host entry for Sochi?

15. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

yes, 2 spots if top 10 ( Pluschenko can do that ) :cool:
    + 1 more for host country, right ?

so 3 men can represent.

16. Anya

Anya Member

I do not think that host entry works this way. If no one qualifies at all, when yes, Russia as a host country would be allowed to send a skater. If Russia qualify at least one participant, it would be just one participant.

17. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Is it the IOC or the ISU that would have to define what the host spot means? If the ISU, Speedy & Co can make it mean just what they want.

18. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

No, it's pretty clearly set out in the rules. The host country is guaranteed one and only one spot in each discipline if they can't qualify an entry on their own merits.

19. senorita

senorita New Member

^ thank you for the answers

So what is your proposal for the one spot at Worlds 2013?

They will have one spot as hosts for Sochi if nothing better happens. So to gain two spots they will have to send
    1)Voronov :skated great and didnt finish top ten this year.
    2) Realistically Arthur: he is capable of finishing top ten but maybe lost their trust now.
    Their combination couldnt secure 2 spots.

I dont know what they would do with 3 spots for Olys anway. Dimitriev Jr? Bush? Menshov? Only Kovtun is interesting.

20. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I know that's true for Worlds, but is that true for the Olympics? For Torino, there were no Italian Pairs teams at 2005 Worlds, none at the Karl Schaefer qualifying event, and none at the Olympics. That could mean that Italy didn't have a pair or had a pair who didn't meet separate Italian Olympic Committee requirements, but I'm having trouble finding anything that explains this. I know in Curling, the Italian team was guaranteed a spot at their home Olympics, but I thought that was a Curling rule, not an IOC rule.

This year, four countries earned an extra spot in Men's -- CAN, FRA, KAZ, and ITA -- while RUS lost one. Next year, if Yan Han skates seniors, China has a great chance to get a second, and the US and CZE have outside shots to gain a third. Add in Plushenko vying for two extra spots for Sochi for RUS, and decent odds that one country will lose a spot, and 1-20 or 1-21 will earns Olympic spots in London.

21. HisWeirness

HisWeirness LYUBOV HAS BEEN FREED!

The entries for the Olympics are all outlined in Rule 400.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Thank you, HisWeirness!

ISU Communications 1568 and 1589 had all of that info except for the Host Pick info. I assume they left it out of 1589 because after Karl Schaefer, it was irrelevant, since ITA didn't try to qualify "through normal qualifying procedure" either at Worlds 2005 or Karl Schaefer.

I wonder if ITA had sent a pair to Karl Schaefer, and the pair hadn't been top 6, if the pair would have met the requirement for 400.A.5., since they didn't go through the entire qualifying procedure, i.e., participate at 2005 Worlds.

23. Glacier cat

Glacier cat New Member

As far as I know, the leaders of RFSF has set a goal for Worlds 2013 - 2 spots. So 2 or 3, it's not such a big problem :watch:

24. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

When are we expecting the WTT announcement?

I'm really hoping they back Artur. It would be a huge boost for him if they backed him to go to WTT. And hopefully confidence begets confidence. It would be nice to see him close out the season with a great performance there.

25. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

It would. I hope they do send Artur. Who do you think they will send for the second spot? Plush won't be well by then, will he?

26. Yukari Lepisto

27. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

28. Yukari Lepisto

oops! ok. :lol:

29. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

They may send Voronov...Zhan Bush didn't have a great showing at Junior Worlds. It may pay off to send a slightly more experienced skater in Voronov. I guess it depends how they're thinking.

I don't think Plushy is back on the ice yet.

30. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

There are rumors that Mishin doesn't want to send his sportsmen to WTT.
    Russian federation promised to announce the team later today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.