From Russia with love [#14]: Summer to Autumn 2014

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jul 31, 2014.

1. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

I am more worried about Enbert than about Davankova. He was not particularly strong jumper with Gerboldt, so why would he suddenly became Mr consistent now? I think it may be another couple that will be breaking my heart (like Martiusheva-Rogonov used to), but this time because of the male partner. It would be extremely sad because in majority of countries they would be the countries' champions and sent to Europeans/worlds, but in Russia they will drop down in standings if they are not technically solid, and then the only place to see them will be international B competitions.

2. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

May be it was posted earlier but I missed it (I was on vacation for 3-4 weeks). Why did the RSF want Davankova to skate with Enbert and not with Bobrov?

3. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/168-galina-golubkova-yuniory-otkryvayut-sezon.html

Interview with Galina GolubKova, who is the junior national team coach. Crappy Google translate says that Sotskova, Medvedeva and Sakhanovich all did well. Proklova is injured but recovering and the hope is that she will make the last two JGP events. Gainetdinova/New partner also did well and have potential.

kwanfan1818 likes this.
  4. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

My understanding is that she had tryout with Bobrov and they did not look good together (whatever that means). The federation recommended her not to proceed with him. Seeing her with Enbert I think they look very good together, the same lines and extensions, I am just worried about his jump consistency. I am surprised that Bobrov did not go back to Nagalatiy. They were at reasonable level, and him trying new partners is putting him back and not sure if they will be anywhere as good at JGP (or if they are sent at all to JGP).

5. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

AYS, kwanfan1818, Vash01 and 2 others like this.
  6. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Rate Pogs costume
    an improvement or still rubbish ?

[​IMG]

7. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Beautiful.

kwanfan1818 likes this.
  8. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Tuktamysheva is back on the ice...but what the hell is her costume?! Looks like some tent.

Well I like Pogo's costume :shuffle:

9. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Anna P looks lovely!

10. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

its a standard all black Tuk I guess :duh:

[​IMG]

Vash01 likes this.
  11. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

I can't say that Radionova's body grew but her face looks more womanly.

12. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I think in theory it's beautiful but in execution it fails. I hope it's just a prototype and is remade.

13. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

yeah, epic fail. The sleeves must be extremely disturbing.

14. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Thank you, DobrinFan.

To me it looks more interesting than many of the usual standard princessy costumes/dresses, but I agree that the sleeves must be quite uncomfortable for skating.

15. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Also I am tired of seeing Tuk all in black. I have the impression she has skated in basically the same dresses for both programs for 5 years by now.
    After the catastrophe that the Olympic season was for her one might think her team might overthink her packaging. Apparently not :duh:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    DobrinFan and babayaga like this.
  16. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

That dress makes Liza look older than she actually is. She could look beautiful is so many colors, idk why she can't skate in anything other that black :wall:

DobrinFan likes this.
  17. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

oh Liza. Please, anything but black. And please no more horrible black tights!

Meoima and DobrinFan like this.
  18. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

She needs new packaging - no doubt about that!

19. shine

shine Well-Known Member

And I never understood why she's always trying so hard to look 15 yrs older than her actual age...

20. alchemy void

alchemy void Running away from POTO

[​IMG]

I freaking love Leonova....this program is worthy of 10s for this picture alone. ;)

Pogo looks absolutely gorgeous. Is Tuk's dress a homage to Kat Witt's WSS costume? I don't like it, but it's different I guess. She should try a leotard instead of those leggings.

(do we have the go ahead to post pictures in threads?)

Evilynn, dinakt, Lexxandra and 4 others like this.
  21. Meoima

Meoima Active Member

Oh no, Tuk!!!? Why Black again??? Mishin need to hire a new costume designer for her!!
    Anna Pogo looks decent, I think. Much better than last season.

22. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Poor Tuk, wearing that loose black sack? Pogo's ice-blue dress is beautiful. Leonova her wonderful perky self, though not yet in costume. Guys looking great, too.

23. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I hate Liza's dress with a fiery passion. Hopefully that's just a practice outfit or something. I like that she's doing something different but I think in a competitive format, that dress would be really distracting.

Anna's dress is a step up from last year's. I really hope she's ditching the OTB tights this season (that goes for all of the skaters)...once she pulls the look together with hair/makeup, I think it will look great.

Adelina's hair looks darker...makes her look more mature. I really hope she's consulted with some people and will be better styled this season.

Elena looks only slightly bigger...love how you can see she's performing even in a still picture. J'adore Elena! :love:

Julia also looks only slightly bigger. Still cute as button.

Alena looks great and voidy as ever!

I can't wait for the videos!!

Who was that blond girl? I don't know her name...

24. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

The one with the white top? That's Maria Artemieva.

kwanatic likes this.
  25. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

26. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

27. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Thanks a a lot, who's the one in the pics after Menshov??? Gordei Gorshkov?? I thought he switched to pairs. And whos the guy with the red sweater?

28. DobrinFan

DobrinFan Active Member

He switched back to singles shortly after he switched to pairs, coach Rukavitsyn. He skated singles all last year (2nd at Universiade, 3rd at Ice Challenge). The guy in red is Eteri's student Moris Kvitelashvili (5th at Universiade, 1st at Cup of Russia Final).

29. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Thanks , good for him staying singles. I loved him at Universiade. Hopefully he and Dmitriev Jr. get the Grand Prix host spots. (Im guessing Kolyada is definetly out after his broken ankle).

DobrinFan likes this.
  30. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

Not bad. :) I definitely like her new flying camel spin but her combo spin is still really messy looking. The program has potential but it's still very unrefined. She's lacking the finesse needed to make it look passionate without looking sloppy. Hopefully she'll continue to work on it (and that 2A)(y).