Friends on Ice 2011: August 27th-28th

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Akira Andrea, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

2. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Great that he will appear in Shizuka´s show again!!!
  3. Athena

Athena New Member

I hope Evan will be able to make the trip, all of his Japanese fans will be SO upset if he can't. Maybe he'll reveal one of his new programs there!!
  4. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

Wow! This show has 3 great choreographers in the cast! Shae-Lynn Bourne, Yuka Sato and Kenji Miyamoto. It's no surprise at all FOI is said to be one of the best shows in Japan according to reputation by fans as far as I've heard. Since when Shizuka invited Shae-Lynn to her show for the first time a few years ago, as a skater and also as a choreographer, it has been getting better and better, more and more polished every year.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  5. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

6. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

7. coop

coop New Member

8. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

Daisuke! ! Finally.........speechless.......and almost teary.....
  9. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

KW/AP are on their way to Japan.
    http://yfrog.com/kfiijyaj
  10. midori

midori Well-Known Member

And now Takahiko Kozuka and Irina Slutskaya are on the list of the cast!!! :cheer:
  11. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Is it just the picture, or does Shizuka look unnaturally skinny to anyone else? I really like her skating, so I hope she's not wearing herself out with shows and other appearances.

Show line-up sounds great, BTW. Fingers crossed we'll get some videos on youtube after the show.
  12. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

13. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

Certainly, she seems to be cheerful, but seems to be lean recently.

Recently, in a variety show program of TV, she explained the reason a little.
    The video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqRzWpJGAgM

01:32
    I fancy you became somewhat slim, but how...?
    01:36
    Shizuka arakawa: Yes, my body shape has pretty changed compared with 5 years ago (time of Turin Olympics).
    I am skating for training in the every morning most of the time because I have not the period of off-season after becoming professional skater.
    Then, my stomach seems to have become slim because my eating time is apt to become irregular and fail to eat often because my life pattern became not constant.
    The quantity of my meal quite decreased.
    ioana and (deleted member) like this.
  14. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

They had a rehearsal that was open to public today (Thursday) and Daisuke skated his SP!!
    Looking forward to hearing from more soon!
  15. midori

midori Well-Known Member

I do not have time to write a full review but the show's amazing with hilarious special programs!

The most hilarious program is one by Yamato Tamura. He copied Daisuke's "La Strada" program, as Gelsomina. Yamato really captured Dai's moves, the choreographies and face expressions, even Dai's entrances/exits of some elements, in a funniest, exaggerated way :rofl:.

Another highlight was when Shizuka, Kozuka, Akiko and Shae-Lynn performed Dai's Mambo program with Daisuke. Shizuka copied the first part perfectly and she did it with Dai. (Did she even land the triple flip? I was not watching but it must have been the flip...). Then Kozuka copied the next part alone. He did it in Dai's pink costume with the fake beard, mocking Dai's almost-ecstatic face, and all :lol:. After the four of them did the looking-around pose together, Akiko did the solo jump from the step then imitated Dai's spin including the donut. Then Shae-Lynn, the choreographer did the straight line step sequence side by side with Daisuke. :cool:.

Most importantly, if you think Kozuka as an introvert skater, rather shy and skating looking down, well, NOT ANYMORE!!! Now he commands the audience and expressive on the ice. I have been hoping that he'd be performing like this for years, and now he is. :cheer:

He skated to a special version of Soul-Man medley, and it was like Kozuka 2.0. I cannot believe it was based on the same program as he was skating in the last season. It has a lot of the same moves yet it looks totally different. It looks much more dynamic and as if he's moving as he feels like.

What else... Evan was very smooth and he makes the rink look tiny. Takeshi Honda showed us he still has IT. So did Irina. Weaver/Poje skated to "Steppin Out" and I enjoyed it a lot. Miki's Black Swan is again wonderful. You know Shae-Lynn can dance. Love Akiko's new program. Hanyu still keeps landing the quad and 3A in shows, and his new SP looks strong. Qing/Pang's program makes me feel jealous of their happiness :p. Yuka's program was very charming and Poje lifted her in the program. Shizuka's gorgeous as always.

The show will be broadcasted on September 25th (part 1) and on October 1st (part 2).
    geoskate, alilou, Vash01 and 5 others like this.
  16. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your detailed report. How lucky for you to see such a fabulous show. I envy you.

Did Dai skate his SP?
  17. ponta1

ponta1 New Member

Midori, thank you for the report! It sounds like it was a very wonderful show; wish I could have seen it! I'm glad to hear about Kozuka--he's rapidly becoming one of my favorite male skaters!!
  18. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Midori, thanks somuch for your review! What was Evan´s music?
  19. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Evan's musics are Climb and Roxanne.

Dai skated his new SP. I do not know the name of the music.

Weaver/Poje posted a backstage picture on their twitter:
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  20. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    I wish I was there!

:cheer2:
    What happened to Kozuka? He seems pretty outgoing and energetic these days. Did something good happen to him? ;)

Thanks a lot for the report. It sounds like everyone was fantastic and I envy the audience!
  21. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Shizuka was landing 3F-3T. IIRC she used to try to avoid the flip under NJS... but she dared to do it here with 3T to perform a perfect copy of the Mambo program :lol:, and it looked easy! :kickass:

Short news clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9l5z2xuXm8
    Kozuka's costume and make ups got escalated show by show. In the last show he was wearing big wigs on the head and the chest :rofl:
  22. NONKO

NONKO Active Member

23. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

Sorry, a wrong post
  24. kittyjake5

25. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

Very nice program - even at this early stage of the season. I like the maturity with still a lot of pizazz.
  26. Celine82

Celine82 Well-Known Member

27. Leen

Leen New Member

Can be seen on youtube performances of other participants of this wonderful show? Thank you.
  28. kittyjake5

Thank you for the video clip. The group number was very well done and the skaters looked like they were really enjoying themselves. Wish I could have been there for this show.