Freshly Ground Black People

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by iceberg08, Apr 18, 2010.

1. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

:bows, accepts accolades:

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

I still demand to know EXACTLY what you were thinking about when you typed it.

3. Prancer

Prancer True Fan of the GOAT Staff Member

A lot of publishers now don't even do that and tell authors to have their reading groups do the proofreading.

Even in the days of good copyediting, things slipped through; it happens.

4. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

5. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

It's an easy one to test! I just wrote "peppel" and the spell check brought up:

pepped
    pepper
    people

They are next to each other on the spell check, i've lost track of the number of times i've clicked the one above or below i'm actually wanting to click. Seems like an easy mistake to make initially.

Ant

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
    Jodi and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Someone at my old job sent me a link a few years back that said if you typed a certain group of words in a Word document and then did a spell/thesaurus check, it would suggest a rather raunchy sentence. But now I cannot remember what the words were.

I have learned the hard way not to depend on spell check too much when drafting correspondence. You either have to have mad proofing skills, or get a second or third set of eyes to check what you have written.

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Ha, I graduated from undergrad with a degree in Classical Studies (lit, language, archaeology etc.) and went directly to law school where I typed "statute" as "statue" for months.

8. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Thank you so very much all of you - for filling us in on this! Can we bring it back?>??