Frank Carroll renews partnership at Toyota Sports Center

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by B.Cooper, May 22, 2013.

1. B.Cooper

B.Cooper Active Member

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Thanks for the confirmation. Dr. George Rossano had first reported this possibility earlier this month in the News Nuggets section of his site as follows:

3. Stephanie

Stephanie Well-Known Member

I wonder if Leah Keiser will go back to him now that John Nicks no longer plans to travel to competitions.

4. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Wonder if Mirai will contemplate a return to Frank. I kind of doubt it, but who knows?

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Good for him; and for skating.

6. Sylvia

7. Sylvia

Article with quotes by Frank Carroll: Lysacek, Ten will move with Carroll to L.A. facility
    Excerpts:

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  8. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Why did Frank move to the other rink in the first place if it didn't have all those things he said it didn't have like a Olympic sized rink and private ice time? Doesn't sound like it had much of what's needed to train world class skaters.

9. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

I dont think he could have counted on either Denis being a medal threat or Evan returning to competition. I think he was easing to retirement, but now he has to go full throttle with these two skaters and their ambitions.

Could Ashley Wagner take from him? That would be quite the stable, and Ashley had been channeling Michelle anyway, who better to help her with that.

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  10. B.Cooper

B.Cooper Active Member

Frank is a longtime resident/homeowner in Palm Springs area, hence, the development of the "Desert Ice Castle". Not surprised by the move back to El Segundo...I would suspect this was facilitated by Evan and Denis.

And, with Denis's development thru his work with Lori Nichol, I'm not surprised by the relocation. Frank achieved the OGM w/ Evan....why not take a break for one more year, and focus on two elite skaters, Denis and Evan. He will have his hands full with these two gentlemen.

I don't think Mirai will go back to Frank.

11. giselle23

giselle23 Active Member

Frank addressed his move back to Los Angeles in his interview with Dave and Jenny. He wasn't expecting to be coaching a World Silver Medalist as well as Evan Lysacek in the Olympic season. So it kind of forced him out of semi-retirement for one more season.

12. feraina

feraina Active Member

That was my first thought. ;) I hope so, but I doubt it, with John Nicks still on her team. But it would've been the perfect match, really. Ashley + Frank + Lori

13. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

It was close to his home.