Four hours in Chicago -- suggestions?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by luna_skater, Apr 1, 2013.

1. luna_skater

luna_skater Well-Known Member

I have a lay-over at O'Hare on Wednesday for about four hours (landing just before noon, and departing again at 4:30). The (very) little web research I've done for "things to do" suggests that's not enough time to actually leave the airport, so I thought I'd ask if anyone here has suggestions for ways I can keep myself occupied. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I'd agree it isn't enough time to leave the airport.

My Chicago tradition is generally Chinese food. And then wandering back and forth across the airport because they seem to change the gates a lot.

There are lots of shops and stuff, but I can't think of anything great to do there. There is a decent kids play area. I think you can also buy a day pass to use the gym at the attached hotel. I'd just bring a book though.

3. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

You won't have time to leave the airport, but there are several good restaurants in O'Hare if you want to take the time to find them and don't mind going through security again (allow at least 30 minutes for that).

Wicker Park Sushi Bar (just outside Terminal 2) is amazing if you like sushi. Celeb chef Rick Bayless has Tortas Frontera locations (in Terminals 1 & 3) if you want some good Mexican food.

4. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

A bar. There are plenty. :summer:

5. suep1963

suep1963 Well-Known Member

Bring a book, find your gate and park yourself. If you are lucky, you'll leave on time.

6. mackiecat

mackiecat Active Member

I seem to remember a little spa where you could get a massage or a manicure