1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you who are sick of Take Five...

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by CantALoop, Jul 23, 2011.

1. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

2. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

3. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

LOL, both of your links are hilarious !

4. Sk8tn

Sk8tn Active Member

5. easilydistracte

easilydistracte Active Member

Sorry; deleted until I can figure out what I intended to say. [Boy, am I embarrassed!]

6. easilydistracte

easilydistracte Active Member

Anyway. . . both versions--the Pakistani version and the Tito Puente version--sound pretty cool to me. The Tito Puente version sounds as if the time signature was changed to either 2/4 or 8/4, however (to me, anyway). [I wish skaters would explore the jazz genre more deeply. There's a whole lot more jazz music than just "Take Five" that would be great to skate to, I think. :) ]

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  7. JanetB

JanetB Well-Known Member

The BBC has a piece on the orchestra that played take five in the video here if anyone would like to watch it. I'm think I might like to buy there album, I liked it so much, so thanks for posting it.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I love it. Someone should suggest it to him, although I picture Takahashi pulsating to the rhythms better.

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado

I like it quite a bit actually. Well done.

10. aliceanne

Well maybe they could have a "Take Five" contest. Every Skater has to come up with a dfferent version and interpret it.

11. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Oooh -- the Tito Puente version is cool... but I do think that the time signature was changed; something isn't quite right about it.

And I think I like the new Popcorn recording much more than the original, which is a surprise.

12. aliceanne

Denise Biellman could tackle the Muse version of Popcorn. I can't think of any modern ladies with her nerve or willingness to experiment.