for Doctor Who fans in Canada

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

There's a Whoathon on Boxing Day on Space! They'll be airing all of the previous Christmas specials (The Christmas Invasion, The Runaway Bride, The Voyage of the Damned, and The Next Doctor), as well as the other Tennant specials (Planet of the Dead, Waters of Mars, The End of Time) ... and then the new Christmas special, "A Christmas Carol."

The new one is 6:00 PST, with a couple of repeats, check your local listings.

ETA: I believe it airs Christmas day in the US. Normally I'd be jealous, but since I'd be too busy to watch it on Christmas day anyway ...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

It does, at 6 p.m. Eastern.

3. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  4. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

5. missflick

missflick New Member

Loved the show. But I keep getting annoyed how Matt's Doctor doesn't seem to know anything about girls, like a prepubescent boy. Geez, CE's and DT's doctors were more competent.

Did anyone think that "Marilyn" might have been River Song? The way the lipstick was smeared across his face...

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Bunny Hop

Bunny Hop Perpetually learning Dutch Waltz

Actually, I find that aspect of his character quite endearing. I wasn't a fan of Tennant's knowingness (if that's a word) in that area. But then I'm a bit of a Doctor Who traditionalist, and in the original Who series the Doctor and girls wasn't an issue that was really ever addressed - it just wasn't relevant to the show, so I'd be happy if they never touched on it ever.