For all things Fútbol...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Buzz, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

5. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

^^^^Hilarious!^^^^^

I did not watch the 1st half. Real is supposed to have dominated the 1st half. I watched the 2nd half & the 2 Extra Time periods. Barca dominated most of the time, but left a few gaps in the back in ET as they tried to push for the winning goal. Real found those gaps and was able to capitalize on one toward the end of the 1st ET. They held on in the 2nd ET to win the Cup. The part I watched was rough, high paced and very entertaining.

For the record: IMO, Real Madrid deserved the win.

Barca now has the 2 stage Champion's League semi final to extract their revenge at Real taking one part of the treble away from them. These games should be fun to watch.

NJL

6. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Fernando Torres has finally scored for Chelsea in their 3-0 win over West Ham as the Hammers face relegation. Liverpool in the meantime won 5-0 over Birmingham City as that club seems to be finally getting it's act together. My boys are 6 point clear of 2nd place Chelsea with four more games to go. I just also want to express my surprise the Schalke is currently sitting in 10th place in the Bundesliga despite being in the final four int he CL. Oh yeah and Gatafe is now Gatafe team Dubai. :p

8. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

10. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Well-Known Member

May be British newspapers should focus on BNP and EDL action in UK than look to east.

Halifax race protest turns ugly. Please stop ur selective reading BUZZ, each country has its own issues with racism, some have had it for years, and institutionalised racism into its social set up (to make it almost looks that it is no longer an issue). Some other emerging economies, during this hard economic period are finding out realities about society(hidden racist face).

11. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Did anyone else watch the Shalke vs ManU game? "Grandad" scored, so did Rooney!

12. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Of course! LOL My boys will go all the way to the final and I hope Barca makes it too! My dream final! :cheer2:

13. NeilJLeonard

In a game that could have been 2:0 at the half. Man U totally dominated. It was only a matter of time until they scored.

I think Buzz has at least half of the Final's equation figured out. I can't see Man U not advancing after this performance. Tomorrow we'll see if "the special one" is really all that special....:D

NJL (..if he pulls off an upset of Barcelona, he will be very special, indeed...;)...)

14. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

My dearest NeilJLeonard you were saying? :rockstar:

15. NeilJLeonard

He ain't THAT special...;)

Lionel Messi 2 v Real Madrid 0.

That, and the fact that Barca had the ball for over 70% of the game, tells you most of what you need to know about this match. The thing that is missing is that Real defender/midfielder Pepe was red carded in the 65th minute for an aggressive tackle on Barca's Dani Alves. Pepe's primary job over the last 3 games with Barca has been to be Lionel Messi's shadow. He did a great job of it, too. Lionel did not score any goals for 2 1/2 games with Pepe defending him. Messi scored both goals after the red card. The last one an individual classic where he ran through the Real defenders like they were statues.

Now Barcelona goes home to Camp Nou with a 2 away goal advantage and Real Madrid will be missing the reason Mr Messi went 2 1/2 games scorless. It looks like a Manchester United v Barcelona final at Wembley Stadium next month....:)

NJL (...and I'm not sure Man U can stop Barca's attack. We'll see shortly....:D...)

16. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Well-Known Member

My favourite club (Borussia Dortmund) is on it's way to the German Championship. A few minutes left!!!!!!!!:dog:

17. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Then congratulations to Borussia! :cheer2:

18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Barca v Real the rematch is on today and there is no love lost between the two so it should be a very interesting match! COME ON BARCA!!! :cheer2:

19. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

BARCELONA = :kickass: :cheer2:

20. NeilJLeonard

Man U's reserve team won 4-1 for a 6-1 aggregate over 2 games. They'll get to play Barca on the 28th of May. If They can stifle Messi they might win. If they can't, they won't.

NJL

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Is it to late to ship Messi off to Siberia? :EVILLE: I am sooo proud of my boys I might just go and buy myself one of their new team jerseys. hehehehe And how cool was this Anderson kid eh? :hat1:

22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

23. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Charlie Adam's tackle on Gareth Bale...Ouch! I sure hope that leg's not broken! I didn't post a link to the photo 'cause it's easy to find and pretty gruesome. :( Charlie Adam is one of my favourite players but this tackle was over the top...

24. NeilJLeonard

Adam actually stayed in the game after this! We'll see if the FA gives him some time off for this. Accidental or not it was a very bad challenge.

Prognosis for Bale is unknown. There may be ligament damage. It seems he is out for this season and, if any ligament damage, he'll miss some of next season, too. Sad, Bale is one of the best young players in the EPL and a huge reason that Spurs went so deep into the Champions League this season.

25. fragoletta

fragoletta New Member

Man Un vs Chelsea in a direct battle for the title in EPL. Chicharito scored after 49 seconds of game. :eek:
    Buzz, I hope you are watching this. :D

26. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Good game...so ManU for sure gets the title now?

I've got a question for folks who live in the Uk. I read something to the effect "Bale will go for a scan on Monday..." however he injured his leg pretty badly on Saturday. Where I live, an elite athlete goes for scan/medical treatment immediately after injury. Is it different in the UK, or is it a stalling tacting meaning basically "I don't want to tell you right now?" I've wondered about this before with other players...

27. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

:respec: :respec: :respec:

28. NeilJLeonard

They need 1 point - 1 tie/draw - from the 2 games they have remaining on their schedule - AWAY at Blackburn Rovers next W/E and finish at home against Blackpool the following Sunday. All things considered, I'd say that they'll have their 19th - a record number, BTW - title in the bag by season's end...;)

And, I thought Chicharito scored on 37 seconds...:D

NJL (...not that those few seconds matter all that much....Chelsea was out of it from that moment on...that goal is one of the biggest shocks of the EPL season....)

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  29. fragoletta

fragoletta New Member

:D Entirely possible, I think when I looked at the clock he was already celebrating. I was finishing up some things at the computer, figuring I wouldn't miss much the first minutes and then all of a sudden...BAM!
    But you're right about Chelsea looking totally unprepaired. If it wasn't for this early goal, it could've been a whole different game...Anyway, congrats to ManU, a totally deserved title. And my homeboy Berbatov is still the top scorer of EPL! :cheer2: (although it's probably his last season there, considering how well Chicharito and Park are doing)

30. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Man U = :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: