For all things Fútbol...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Buzz, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

OMG - Chelsea have done it!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did they do that?!?!?!

2. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Well-Known Member

Drogba is like really handsome. And I love football. :D

Guardian blog

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh pooo.... yet another team disappoints me this season.

Congratulations to Chelsea and nice why for Drogba to end his Chelsea career.

4. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

that was a hell of an exciting finish..

I totally agree :p He was man of the match for me.. and what an exciting last 15 mins of regular game then over time and finally penalties.. I really enjoyed that game and am happy Chelsea won.. :)

5. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

They never quit. They also had a bit of good fortune in playing Bayern Munich when they were having an off day. It made for a very exciting final.

NJL

6. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

7. NeilJLeonard

On the USA domestic scene: it's USOC (United States Open Cup) time! The Ft Lauderdale Strikers opened their quest Tuesday night, in the rain, against tier 4 (PDL) Fresno Fiero at Lockhart Stadium in front of "crowd" of 297....:rolleyes:

Final score? Strikers 7 - 2 Fresno. To their credit Fresno fought the good fight until the 55th minute when the Strikers scored to break a 1-1 tie. In the next few minutes they broke the game open with 3 more quick goals. Fresno scored again in the 83rd minute which seemed to make the Strikers angry. They scored 2 more goals in the next 7 minutes to ice the win.

Fresno's out & the Strikers go to California to play the MLS San Jose Earthquakes next Tuesday. Hopefully the Strikers will acquit themselves well & not come home with a reversal of the Fresno score. Maybe well get lucky and actually win the game.

NJL

8. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Whoa, USMNT kicked some Scottish kilts yesterday, with a 5-1 victory in JAX. Landon with a hat trick and Michael Bradley with an outstanding strike from distance.

For the first time I think we are seeing the impact of Klinnsman on this team. Great play from midfield IMO. True test will be Wednesday against Brazil.

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Congrats to the US men. well done. :respec:

10. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Just a few items of note; for one thing another footie scandal in raging in Italy, while the national team cancelled a planned friendly due to the earthquake. Oh yeah, and the transfer season is on.

12. NeilJLeonard

SJ 'quakes 2 v 1 Strikers. Strikers out of USOC. Most other NASL teams advance.

NJL (...poop...:(...)

13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

(((((Neil)))))

14. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Spain will be without David Silva for Euro 2012 but still beat S. Korea 3-1. The Englsh will be without Fank Lampard and someone named Jordan Henderson will replace him.

15. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Silva? He played well in the friendly against South Korea & I haven't heard anything about him missing Euros. David Villa is not recovered enough from his broken leg to play and Cesc Fabregas has an injury of his own, so I'm hoping Silva's ok.

Must be disappointing for Lampard to miss Europeans, especially since I'm not sure how likely he is to still be around for the next World Cup. Would be v. nice if he does, though!

16. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Sorry my bad... I meant David Villa... :slinkaway

17. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

phew...got worried Spain was picking up more injuries before Euros even started. I really shouldn't root for any team --doesn't end well as a general rule :p.

18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Gary Cahill is out of Euro 2012.

19. NeilJLeonard

Saturday night = Ft Lauderdale Strikers 3 v 1 Tampa Bay Rowdies...

Strikers are now 1W-5L-4T against the Rowdies since the USL/NASL Div 2 era. We did party hearty before, during and after the game. The sweetest win in the last 4 years, IMO....;)

NJL (we also passed the Rowdies and points and took 4 place in the league from them....things are sweeter yet...:biggrinbo...)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  20. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I having a hard time picturing our Neil as a party animal. LOL Congrats to our team dude. I was wondering if we should start a new thread for the Euros or just use this one?

21. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Maybe start a new one since that might encourage other people to post as well? We're not exactly wading through post after post about Euros, though so I'm not really sure. Yes, very helpful and decisive input on my part :shuffle:

22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

LOL@Ioana. I will risk it and start a new thread.

So here goes...

23. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Canada beat Cuba 1-0 WC qualifying yesterday.

24. NeilJLeonard

And the USA & Mexico both beat their minnows 3-1. All three wins were expected.

NJL

25. KHenry14

Except that the USA should have won 7-0. :rolleyes:

26. NeilJLeonard

As should Mexico. Neither team played up to expectations against weak opposition.

Now the USA goes to the hellhole that is Guatemala tomorrow after playing one of their poorest games in ages. It may not be a great night for the USA. Here's hoping that the Klinsmann Era does not turn into a total disaster with our not even making the hex, let alone WC 2014 in brazil.

NJL

27. KHenry14

Well, the USA gives up a late equalizer to draw 1-1. Evidently the USA got hosed on a couple of calls, but that's Concacaf for you.

28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

1-1 draws seems to be the order of the week. LOL Sorry to hear of the bad calls. On the bright side the US is on of the better teams in Concacaf and almost sure to make it. Between Donovan and Dempsey I am very confident in the US's future. Not so much Canada's...

29. NeilJLeonard

Canada tied 0-0 at home against Honduras A game they could have won. Welcome to CONCACAF WC qualifying. It only looks easy to those who do not understand...;)

Not so bad since Jamaica tied Antigua and Barbuda (or whatever their name is) at home. Plus, the USA has only won once in Guatemala. Playing and winning in these small Central American countries is a challenge. Mexico won 2-1 in El Salvador by the skin of it's teeth. Everyone in CONCACAF has a dog fight in CA.

NJL ( at least the USA is still 1st in group...we'll see how long they last if they make the hex )

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  30. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I actually did not follow that friendly. LOL But friendlies do not say much. I have little hope for us. But my first coment was referring to the first round results of the Euros because there was a couple 1-1 ties. :). Come on over to the other thread guys. Join the fun/torture. :2faced:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012