For all things Fútbol...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Buzz, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

What do you suggest Spain does with Sergio Ramos in that case :p?

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Cut off all his hair and leave him bald!!! :EVILLE:

ioana and (deleted member) like this.
  3. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

Barca w/o Pep? Unimaginable....:rolleyes:

NJL (..he's had a great 4 year run..it's understandable that the pressure finally did him in...)

4. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I like this final :)

5. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

6. NeilJLeonard

I do, too. I have no dog in this fight so it's just going to be a good game to watch. That way I can cheer good soccer from both teams, then give kudos to the loser for getting to the final and another trophy for the trophy cabinet & star on their jersey for the winner....:respec:

NJL

7. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Would like to see Chelsea win, but it's definitely nice to see a team-oriented final instead of Messi vs. Ronaldo which is what would have been hyped left and right if Barça and Real were in the final...Or Mourinho vs Guardiola which would have been even worse.

8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

It's Manchester derby day! :cheer2:

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh sh!t!!! :wuzrobbed

10. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

You said it. I have to go have dinner at my favorite restaurant where the owner/manager is a huge ManU fan. They had the game on there earlier and I was stuck at work (but caught some of the match on ESPN). I just wonder if he'll be standing by the time I get there. :(

11. NeilJLeonard

For those that don't know, Man City won 1-0. This gives them the lead, on goal differential, to win the EPL championship with 2 games remaining on the league schedule. They really have to screw up to not win the title. If they do win the league title it will be the first time since, I think, 1964. The defeated Man U won the title last year and has pretty much owned the EPL for the last decade or so.

NJL

12. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Actually I would hold off anointing Man City just yet (who last won the title in 1968 actually - pushing Man U into 2nd place!!)- they have a tough game on Sunday - away at Newcastle who themselves are pushing for a top 4 finish which would put them in the Champions League next year. Then their final game is at home vs QPR who are fighting to avoid relegation so have nothing to lose by throwing everything at Man City. Man U on the other hand have two games vs opponents in the middle of the table who are already looking towards next season. All the pundits over here in the UK are saying that Man U has the far easier finish to the season - it is still either teams championship to win/lose. It will all depend on what result Man City can get against Newcastle on Sunday.

It has certainly become an awesome end to the season - after Man City sat on top for a lot of the season and then Man U looking like they had it in the bag a few weeks back. The game last night was not a brilliant one - the players were aware of how important it was so it was fairly tense - it spilled over to the touch line at one point with Ferguson having a go at Mancini after an incident on the pitch!! That was tellling as Ferguson is usually pretty stoic on the sidelines. But Man City did deserve the win - they were in control for pretty much the whole of the 2nd half. Let's see if they can hold on and take the title this year - it's amazing what money can buy nowadays ;)

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  13. NeilJLeonard

Man City took over around the 20 minute mark, IIRC. They were pretty much the dominant team from that point on. They absolutely deserved the win. They were at least one goal better on the day. Man City only had a few shots on goal. One went in. Man U had no shots on goal. That pretty much defines the game.

NJL (and, you are right.....money can buy all kinds of nice things....maybe a championship....we'll see..)

14. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Man U played one man up front - Rooney - so Ferguson was playing for the draw - which would have set them up for the title. Bad mistake IMHO (and many of the pundits) - it was a negative action and Man City just played the better football.

I know I said money can buy anything but it's one thing to buy the players - another to actually get the results. Mancini has managed to pull the team together - even with some of the diva's he has had to deal with on his team. If they do win the chamionship they will have earned it!!

15. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

I was astounded by the lineup Sir Alex put out there. Did he really think he could bunker for 90 minutes against those guys?? Park instead of Hernandez or Berbatov??? No wonder they didn't come close to scoring.

16. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the second goal of Cissé in yesterday's Chelsea vs Newcastle? There are goals - and there are goals.

Cissé played in Germany before he went to Newcastle, at Freiburg, a decent but small club. He was incredibly good here, but he is even better now. Newcastle has a good chance to make the Champions League now with two games remaining (though one is aginst Man City).

17. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

It was :respec: worthy. Tough angle and a hard shot, but he made it look easy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne1IKt-N47Q

Am still :fragile: about Chelsea's chances of being back in the CL next "sison", though...

18. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

19. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

So anybody else watching the game?? FA Cup Final Liverpool vs Chelsea? So far Chelsea is ahead.. basically walked in with a goal from no where :mad: But LFC almost got a goal back.. so far fairly even.. hopefully Liverpool will get it back :) GO LFC.. GO the REDS..:p

20. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Sorry 4rKidz.....

21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Both Man U and Man City each have one game to go before the season's end and it is almost a certainty that City will win the EPL. :(

22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh my poor nerves.... Man U is leading while City and QPR are tied 1-1.

23. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh dear Mr. Giggs....

24. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh WOW! It came down to the last minutes! A well deserved win for City and I know my boys will get 'em all next time! LOL

25. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Well I for one am delighted Man City won - but did they really have to freak out their fans like that :eek:. I knew QPR would be tougher than expected but once they were down to 10 men I really though Man City would win it comfortably!! This season should be made into a film - let's be honest even Hollywood couln't write an ending like that :). Congrats to the boys in light blue you have truely :kickass:

26. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

They've been doing that for so many years....Not happy with Tevez wondering around with "RIP" posters (even if they are for Ferguson!), but nice to see their fans finally get a Premiership title -44 years in the making.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ier-League-title-with-parade-in-pictures.html

27. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

CL final is today! :cheer2:

28. Gil-Galad

Guardian Blog
    But I am kind of happy that it didn't go in, while it was a foul inside the penalty area, it was really not a scene that should have decided the game.

29. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Personally I'd rather a penalty in the game itself to decide it rather then the penalty shoot out that this is heading for!!! These are so painful to watch IMHO!!

30. Gil-Galad

Well, it's penalties now.

Guardian blog
    :rofl: