For all things Fútbol...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Buzz, Nov 13, 2010.

1. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

What friendly? Canada? That was a WC qualifier they played Tuesday.

Or are you talking about something else. Euros are fun, but I have no dog in the fight. Now that the 1st 2 CONCACAF qualifiers are history, they'll pick up & finish this round starting on September 7th and play through October, I'll pay more attention to the European Championship. Great entertainment, but that's it.

NJL
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh I thought you were talking about the US-Canada friendly from June 4th. Anyway never mind me, too many night shifts. :coffee:
  3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Some signing as a result of their Euro 2012 antics are; Oliver Giroud, and Alan Dzgaoev who both will be going to Arsenal.
  4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Didier Drogba has signed with a Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua, for about €1m a month.
  5. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Reunited with Anelka while there, too. Very sad to him leave, but he'd been with Chelsea for 8 years, so I can see why he was ready to move on after the CL win. Chinese league has quite a few big names now. Not sure how many of them are still in top form, but it makes for an impressive line-up.

Juan Mata was also given permission to play for the Spanish Olympic team in London (since he'd miss part of Chelsea's summer training camp), so lots of :cheer2: and :swoon: from my end.
  6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oliver Giroud is now officially a member of The Gunners.
  8. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

10. NeilJLeonard

Some are, but, according to the link, baseball is still king in Cuba.

NJL (...even though the Marlins are killing the sport in Cuba's largest city: Miami...;)...)
    Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Baseball is still king for now... Give it time. :EVILLE:
  12. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Sorry wrong thread...
  13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Eusebio is in hospital in Poland after suffering from a stroke. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.
  14. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

^Scary! Even more so, since he apparently was at the hospital earlier this week and was given the all-clear.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/27/euro-2012-live-blog-27-june

15. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

Eusébio flew back to Lisbon but he went straight to the hospital again where he is staying for surveillance. Apparently what happened to him was a bit more serious than it was reported at first but now he is recovering well.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=339236
  16. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Just a few notes:

1. David Beckham did not get the nod to play for England in th Olympics.
    2. France is looking for a new NT coach. Didier Deschamps is rumored to be next in line for the job.
    3. Italy returned home to a rowdy welcome from a few fans. Even Super Mario smiled and mixed with fans and reporters. LOL But of course the best homecoming was saved for Spain. :D
    4. Transfer season is in full swing and amount those rumored to be on the move are; John Terry, Hugo Lloris, Maicon, Alan Dzagoev, Joao Moutinho.
    5. Andre Villas Boas is Spurs newest manager.
    6. Who may not be moving however is Robin Van Persie.
    7. Torres is Euro 2012 golden boot winner with three goals.
  17. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Stiffing Beckham for the likes of Giggs, Bellamy and Richards is an insult to David IMO. Him not making the team HAS to be personal, and not based upon what's best for the team.

In other news related to David, there are rumblings that the LA Galaxy have touched base with Frank Lampard of all people. Not sure how Frank would fit into the Galaxy salary structure, but it might mean a permanent transfer of Landon to Everton.
    Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Welcome back Henry! :cheer2: I totally agree about the snub to Beckham. I feel so bad for him but some rumors say they want to make him flag bearer so I hope that happens.
  19. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

20. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I agree the Beckham snub doesn't make much sense. It would be one thing if Britain went the same route as the Spanish team who said they didn't want any significantly older players. Giggs and Bellamy are both over 30, so that wasn't what they were going for...Very odd.
  21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

22. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

All the top transfer rumors right now are about Robin van Persie and his possible destinations but nothing definite yet.
  23. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Alessandro Nesta have signed with the Montreal Impact and Canada is Considering a bid for the 2026 WC. Hope it happens for us. It would be nice to attend the WC in person.
  24. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Man U's Park Ji-Sung has signed for QPR, and Theo Walcott is rumored to be leaving Arsenal.
  25. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Didier Deschamps is the new French NT coach, and Andy Carrol maybe leaving Liverpool.
  26. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

:cheer2: for Didier. He knew what he was doing on the pitch, so hopefully that should translate well into his new job duties. Where's Andy Carrol rumored to go?
  27. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Carrol might be going to Milan.
  28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Harry Rednapp maybe heading to Nottingham Forest.
  29. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Among all this off-season uncertainty :p, I for one am definitely going to the Chelsea FC -PSG exhibition game in New York in a few weeks. On the off chance any other FSU'ers make an appearance, feel free to to pm me. Also, anyone else I should keep a lookout for on the Paris side besides Nene? I am clueless when it come to the French league.

I already know whom I need to stalk watch and admire on Chelsea's side.
  30. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Rumour: Andy Carroll may go to Westham... :cold:

Rumour: Dempsey to Liverpool... :confused:

Certain FIFA officials took bribes...I am SHOCKED!!! :rolleyes:
  31. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Almost as shocking as the ice dance toe-tapping skandal, innit?
  32. NeilJLeonard

The NY Cosmos will play in Div 2 NASL next season (2013).

NJL (Much suprised by this...they were supposed to be MLS's team #20....maybe that honor will go to Div 3 Orlando now?...)
  33. KHenry14

NJL, ya gotta think that the Cosmos are VERY high on Don Garber's list of expansion teams. But no stadium = no MLS

Honestly, i don't think MLS is any hurry to bring new teams in right now, despite the successes of the last 6 new teams. The goal is to bring in teams that will get supported like what's going on in Portland, and until somebody can convince MLS that they can approach that, no dice.
  34. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Dempsey to Liverpool? Hope he enjoys the Europa League. LOL Ioana would have loved to take you up on that offer but I'm stuck here in the boonies a.k.a. Toronto. :p
  35. KHenry14

The fall of Rangers has been remarkable. Down to the third tier in Scotland, looks like the American players are all going to bolt too.
  36. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

John Terry has been cleared of the racism charge against him.
  37. KHenry14

Interesting trial. Setting aside the fact that we all know that John Terry is a tool...this trial shows a lot of differences between US and UK jurisprudence. No way does Terry go to trial in the USA for something like he was accused of.

The judge made a lot of assumptions about Terry's motives, including assuming that Terry has been through the wringer enough that he wouldn't react to being taunted. I just kept thinking would the judge think the same thing of Zinedine Zidane? Wouldn't he'd have thought ZZ would have not reacted the way he did in the WC?? Interesting indeed...
  38. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

39. KHenry14

Yikes, I have NO hope that Blatter has any intention of actually investigating what the entire world knows was a corrupt process. I mean, Qatar? Really?
  40. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

Liverpool started their North American tour so i'm excited.. heading to watch their practise on Friday, game on Saturday in Toronto.. then hubby heading to Boston to watch them next week.. most of the team there for Boston - but playing a lot of the youngsters for Toronto game.. either way I'm excited to see a decent level of footie live again :)