For all things Fútbol...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Buzz, Nov 13, 2010.

1. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

Slovenia 2 v 3 USA.

NJL (....proof that miracles do happen...:rolleyes:...)
  2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

You or the match dude? :p
  3. NeilJLeonard

The fact that they actually won & by scoring 3 goals in 1 game (they'd score 2 in the prior 5 or 6 games).

NJL
  4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Sepp Blatter is in all kinds of hot water because of controversal comments he made about racism and some are openly calling for him to resign. That is not going to happen and FIFA has sunk even lower (if that is possible) in the opinion of fans.
  5. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

Blatter's response that racism should be met with a shaking of hands deserves derision. But much like the ISU, FIFA is so inbred with cronyism that it's impossible to move them out, no matter how deserved.
  6. KHenry14

Well, my LA Galaxy closed the deal with a 1-0 win tonight. Should have been 4-0 (thanks for nothin' Adam Cristman) but we are very happy with our third MLS Cup!
  7. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

congratulations! :cheer2:
  8. NeilJLeonard

You forgot the asst ref that called an offside on the Galaxy's Robbie Keane just before Landon Donovan scored the game winner. Replays showed there was no offside. Keane was even with the next to last man when the ball was passed to him. Fortunately Donovan's goal made the error moot.

Watched the game live. The 4-0 sounds about right. Still, a 1-0 win beats a loss anytime. Congrats to you, the Galaxy and MLS. It was a great night for the beautiful sport in LA last night.

NJL (..even though all the news concentrated on Tony Stewart's fabulous come from behind win at Homestead-Miami Speedway to win NASCAR's Championship...)
  9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Just caught a glimpse of the CSKA v Lillie match and the stadium is so empty! :wideeyes:
  10. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Beckham's future club is doing very well. Leading CSKA 1-0 on an own goal. LOL
  11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

0-2 Lillie!
  12. NeilJLeonard

Lille? Thought it was PSG.

Becks is playing it close to the vest on where he'll go next. Seems to imply he may stay. Or not...;)

NJL
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  13. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Nope the tv says Lille. And why is the french coach shouting so much? He should be a lot happier than that or is that how he always looks when he is happy?! :lol:
  14. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Doumba's suspension rrrrrrreally hurt the Russians. Looks like it will end 0-2. Now hopefully I can see Man U v Benfica with better results for Man U than for CSKA.
  15. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Man U tied 2-2 with Benfica and Man City lost 2-1 to Napoli. A bummer day overall for the EPL. :(
  16. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Arsenal just became the only EPL team to win their CL match thanks in large part to Van Persie. They are doing well now it would seem. The CL looks to have all four English teams make the next round.
  17. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Move aside Barca, Man U, Inter et al! Here comes American Samoa! :rofl: The US territory is last in FIFA's rankings and holds that spot without despute. They once lost a match against Australia 31-0! :D But today they just won their first match in nearly two decades by beating Tonga 2-1 and they right now feel as if they won the world cup itself. It was their first win in 30 tries. LOL
    http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/24/3284095/holy-samoa-a-soccer-win-after.html
  18. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

You were right as usual! It is indeed PSG. But I am hoping he gets sent to Japan or Australia or someplace as far away as possible. LOL I am so tired of him.
  19. KHenry14

Word is that PSG is offering Becks 17.9 mil over 18 months. I doubt the Galaxy can match that. With that said, i do believe that David, Posh and the kids do actually love living in SoCal, so that may influence their decision.

Fact is, David had a fantastic season, playing some of his best footie in many years. And we'd love to have him back. :cool:
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  20. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

I forgot about this thread in here - as I'm a huge footie fan (LFC & Wolves).. just wanted to add that I loved watching this game and was so pleased for LA Galaxy - I try and catch the games in Toronto when I can.. I really hope the league continues to grow and perhaps increases the skill level - as it was really obvious in this game - who the cream of the crop were..:shuffle: Lucky it was just 1 goal - with a better player to finish the excellent plays could have been 3 or 4..:shuffle:
  21. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Man U lost today to someone named Cystal Palace in the Carling Cup I believe. How does that happen? LOL LA Galaxy is on a short tour of Asia but the stadium in Indonesia was not sold out and their next stop is Manila. I know a lot of Filipinos but not a single Filipino footie fan so I am not sure that stop is a good idea. LOL And Spurs lost 2-1 to PAOK of Greece in the Europa Cup and are out of the tournament. Good luck to them next year in the Champions League, seems they will need it.
  22. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

And Liverpool won again.. against Chelsea :)
  23. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

It might be that Chelsea could possibly be looking a new coach soon. Too for Boas. And I stand corrected in my statement from yesterday because I have finally met a Filipino footie fan who insist the game is gaining popularity in that country and they finished 3rd in the South Asia Cup. At least I think that was the tournament. His country is now ranked 159 and he insists that is an improvement from the past! LOL Nuff said...
  24. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

Groups for Euros 2012 in Poland/Ukraine have been drawn:

Group A:
    - Poland
    - Greece
    - Russia
    - Czech Republic

Group B: :violin:
    - The Netherlands
    - Denmark
    - Germany
    - Portugal

Group C:
    - Spain
    - Italy
    - Ireland
    - Croatia

Group D:

- Ukraine
    - Sweden
    - France
    - England

Commentaries? Favourites (probably too early?)? Will Spain make it again??
    Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

WOW! Group C has two WC champions in it! :wideeyes:
  26. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Group B is really tough!
    Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Well-Known Member

Every group except for A sounds kind of tough. But the group stage at Euros always seems tougher than at Worlds, so many top tier teams.
  28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

The poor Greeks just cannot catch a break. They beat Arsenal but are still out of the CL because OM won their match. I really feel bad for them but I hope they at least get to go to the Europa League now. At least it is still a chance at Continental glory.
  29. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Socrates
  30. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Oh what sad day for Man U fans.... :wuzrobbed
  31. NeilJLeonard

Man City fans, too. Both failed to advance. For some reason the EPL doesn't look like it's the world's # 1 right now....:wideeyes:

NJL
  32. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Well... the boys just had a run of poor luck that's all. They will be back to full strength next season, and to besides at least both will now go on to the Europa League. I expect Man U to clean up and win that title. LOL

And while I am at it; some eyebrows were raised when Lyon beat Dynamo Zagreb 7-1 to move to the next round. They needed to score 7 goals to upset Ajax and move on which is what they did. Ajax lost to Real Madrid 3-0 but were not worried given their margin for error. Imagine their surprise! LOL
  33. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

David Villa has broken a leg and will be out a while so will miss Braca's date with Santos and Neymar.
  34. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Fulham and Spurs are both out of the Europa League so it would seem that the EPL is still having a bad year. And some good news for Everton because they have acquired Landon Donovan on loan for two months during the MLS off season. Good luck to both.
  35. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  36. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

37. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Just a few bits of info from the footie world:

!. Everton is for sale
    2. Sir Alex just turned 70 and still wants to stay at Man U for a while yet
    3. Louis Saurez is banned for eight matches because he uttered racially abusive language.
    3. John Terry is in similar trouble but his is also legal as well.
    4. The Russian premier league is on break until march.
    5. Man U lost to blackburn Rovers. I hope the Rovers charish that result because it will be their last positive result against Man U! :p Happy birthday Sir Alex! :lol:
    6. Theirry Henry will return to Arsenal on loan. Interesting.
    7. Mario Balotelli is talking to AC & Inter Milan but says he has no plans to leave City.
    8. Seydou Dioumbia is very hot property right now and rumour has it that several top EPL clubs have him in their sights. Wouldn't it be fun if he ends up at Inter instead?! hehehe :D
  38. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

More news:

Beckham will not be leaving the LA Galaxy and Liverpool will not be appealing the Suarez ban.
  39. KHenry14

We Galaxy fans are pleased and not surprised. No matter what PSG is saying, Becks and Posh LOVE living in SoCal and that was a huge part of the deal.
  40. NeilJLeonard

No surprise here also, KH XIV. He may go to Europe to train for a bit, but his coyness about not revealing what he was going to do after the MLS Championship game spoke volumes. I'm also sure that the mother of his children had a huge say about it all, and he's been married long enough to know that when momma's happy, everyone is happy....;)

NJL (...we now can wonder if he'll actually get an MLS ownership gig when he retires...and where it might be?...:wideeyes:...)
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012