Florent Amodio still coached by N.Morozov

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by quidam69, May 8, 2011.

1. quidam69

quidam69 New Member

In a recent french interview, Florent Amodio announced that he will still be coached by Nikolai Morozov.
    Owing to the strong ties between them 2, Morozov wants to continue to coach him; Florent said that Nikolai would part some skaters.
    That's pretty much great news:)
    http://www.vonews.fr/article_13580

2. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

great? well...not really...:scream:

3. alij

alij Active Member

Well it is great he is going to part with some skaters, I will sacrifice Amodio to free some others.

4. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

:rofl:

5. itsartemis

itsartemis Enjoy your doron, Daisuke!

I'll be happy as long as Javier is set free. :)

6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Worst news I've heard all day. :(

7. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

:)
    U know, I'm thankful for the great things Nikolai has done for Javi, but he's way better than the things he's skated to and obviously Amodio is his priority... he needs to be the center piece in his coaching team now

8. aemeraldrainc

aemeraldrainc Active Member

I'm really curious to find out whether Javi's staying with Morozov or not. And if he's not, then who will be his new coach?
    I guess we'll find out soon enough.

9. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

Now we NEED a banner : FREE AMODIO !!

10. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

And another one : AMODIO STFU !!

He's so full of himself, he's going to explode like the proverbial frog who wanted to be as big as the ox. There is a big difference between "rejuvenating" figure skating and making it what he wants it to be. "I want to have fun, to please the public". Great. Then shut up and skate. "There are morons everywhere". True. Look who's talking :rolleyes:. Geeee there was a time when I wanted to come to his defence (and I did) for being young and fresh and new and fun but I have had it with the "me, myself, and I this and I that". Deflate your big head kiddo, now, or you'll just be another wannabe triping over his ego all along his career. And now let's see if this coach who "absolutely wants to keep on working with him" will be allowed to do so and will spend significant time with him...

Last edited: May 9, 2011
    Asli and (deleted member) like this.
  11. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

OMG :) STFU ? LOL :)

12. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

ITA cholla.

The "there are morons everywhere" comment is not only wrong in the context, but impolitic too. The whole of France watches figure skating with the commentary of the "moron" in question. I simply hate Pelissier's ice dance commentary which is totally ignorant, but he is a top coach in singles and he was Gailhaguet's coach. I think Amodio will find out in the long run that he cannot burn bridges with such people for trifles. He may be the next big thing in French skating right now, but a new talent may emerge even before Sochi and then he'll need all the support he can get, just to show his "groundbreaking" skating in the Olympics.

13. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

cholla, unless he pulles a Chan, grows up, becomes smart and wins the worlds :p The trouble is that it was so easy to admire Chan's skating and ignore his interviews, which is far harder with the crap Amodio is doing on the ice

14. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

I'm not holding my breath. Amodio is largely supported and comforted in this crappy attitude by his entourage and his federation. I can't see him growing up if he's fostered to think he is the 8th Wonder of the World.

15. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

Problem is even his parents are taking that turn. They believe a 100% all the CRAP DG has been telling them since last year. They can't seem to take some steps back to consider what is being done with their son.
    Sad for them, sad for Florent.
    Because DG will of course let them down, like he has done every time a new promising skater emerges. And they don't seem to be able to overcome that at all.
    Burning bridges with Pélissier is wrong, trying to undermine him at Eurosport (which BTW is considering stoping broadcasting FS alltogether if federations continue to try to make them change one thing about how they cover an event). Burning bridges with the guy who created him (Bernard Glesser) is even more STUPID and WRONG.

At least, Maman Joubert kept her son grounded. We can say a lot about her, she has poor taste in music and costumes, but Brian stayed the same, or almost, with all the WORLDS MEDALS he gathered.

16. viv

viv New Member

Are you kidding??? BJ of all, who thinks he deserved all the titles in the last five years or so???

17. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

I doubt he thinks the same now.

18. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

Brian Joubert has been pretty level headed in most of the interviews I have heard. His language and also his body language are always reserved and not arrogant. He talks highly of his rivals and praises former champions. He doesn't think figure skating has been born with him. He hasn't changed with 10 European medals and several World medals.

Even the time he beat Plushenko for the European title - which at that time was the biggest achievement a skater could think of - French Eurosport had their cameras on him when Plushenko's result came up and not a muscle twitched on his face, while everyone around him was congratulating him. I think he doesn't want to look arrogant.

19. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

20. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

Second bad news of the day :(

21. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I don't remember ever reading whose idea that was - was it Amodio or the FFSG who came up with that? Morozov may have gotten him more consistent, but I found Florent much more likable before he got Morozoved.

What Asli said. Also, the only year I can recall Joubert complaining about the result was 2008, and while it was certainly memorable, it's not a regular occurance by any means. In 2009 and 2010, he was a gracious competitor and clearly considered Lysacek and Takahashi to be deserving winners, and he seemed very happy for Amodio this year at Euros.

I've never figured out the whole Maman Joubert dynamic, but she seems to have done a good job keeping her son grounded, and some of her advice appears to me quite sound. Now, surely she doesn't truly pick his music? I know she told him to go back to the Matrix back in 2006, but can't see her picking something like Rise.

22. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

It was DG (aka the FFSG)'s idea. Because he has NO control over Glesser ...
    He once ruined Stanick Jeannette telling him to MOVE to Champigny. Not telling, ordering... It's the way things works right now. You have to be in the centers dear old DG finds adequate. Even if in those centers, they have ZERO clue about what to do with current figure skaters. Or zero clue about the COP and so on.

23. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks, I figured as much. How did Brian Joubert manage to stay in Poitiers his entire career? Do the Jouberts have any incriminating files locked away someplace secret? ;)

I miss Stanick. Skating was more fun with him around.

24. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Say what? Eurosport is considering dropping FS? Or just French Eurosport?

25. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

French eurosport that is ;)

26. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

In what way did the FFSG try to influence French Eurosport's way of broadcasting events?

Did they ask them to replace the French skaters' failed jumps with landed versions of the same jumps? ;)

27. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

deleted

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  28. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

They asked them to replace Pélissier. Last year, this year, the year before last year and so on.
    My cousin, who works for LCI and is friends with Eurosport's editorialist for winter sports (whose office is approximatly at 10 meters from hers BTW), has been making inquiries for me. And her friend was pretty much pissed off because DG always tries to influence him. The more he tries, the more FS is gonna be pushed back in terms of diffusion. Bad idea Didier.

29. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

According to a person from Morozov's camp after Fernandez became top 10 Morozov offered the Spanish federation to start paying him (according to the same person Morozov was working with Fernandez for free) or start looking for another coach for Fernandez. If the person is right the ball on the Spanish federation's field.

Am not quite sure how will it go with that if the Spanish fed decides to pay

Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  30. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Is there any available video of those french skaters landing jumps ? :p

Allen and (deleted member) like this.