Florent Amodio - music suggestions

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by kirkbiggestfan, May 7, 2012.

1. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Florent posted this on his facebook page:
    "I NEED YOU !!!
    HAVE YOU GOT NICE IDEAS FOR MY NEW PROGRAMS 2013 !! ?? WRITE IT THERE PLEASE OR INBOX"

I am sure that FSU must have an idea or two. ;)

2. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Ha ha, can't wait to hear some of the music suggestions. Hopefully, any music picked will not be spoiled by Morosov's ott choreography. Perhaps Florent's cry for ideas means he realizes that he needs to revamp the direction his career, choreo, skating style have been going in the last few seasons.

And yes, Florent placed well at Worlds in Nice... which means the timing is right to rethink/ revamp. Good luck, Florent.

3. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

Florent is extremely musical skater, but rather oddly he chose to skate show-off programs in which he stands still and thrust his hips
    I suggest he watches some Lambiel programs, as I believe he could go into that direction of choreography: original, avaunt-garde and not extent of charisma.
    He knows the Miki Ando morozoved programs he has now won't cut it with this field right now

4. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

He can skate to anything he wants. He is so light and musical.
    The problem is the choreography he got ! :saint:

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

As he is such a great dancer he should have some music with a catching rhytm...

6. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

Minor Swing!

7. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

Something that doesn't involve him grabbing his crotch and making constipated faces would make a nice change. :p

8. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

you forgot the hip thrusting...

9. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

La cucaracha !
    Or Tata Yoyo. What ? I'd love that :p

10. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

I would vote for Canned Heat by Jamiroquai. Too bad it has lyrics, although maybe that won't stop Florent. :lol:

11. VarBar

VarBar Well-Known Member

Florent changing choreographers might be the solutiuon to all his problems, has he ever considered this option? But maybe Morozov will make all of us a pleasant surprise next season, who knows...

12. matti

matti Active Member

13. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Did I stumble into a Plushenko thread?? :p

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  14. os168

os168 Active Member

Something by Moby, David Guetta, or Armin van Buuren, get them rearranged with lyrics edited out. (Though Judges probably won't know what to make of it in this conservative sport!)

Focus on Rhythm and allegro movements. He could be the modernity and dynamism in men's figure skating (he has more raw talent in that area than even Daisuke, who only evolved in these areas as he matures and now seems to occupy that space) , but too often resolve to lazy contrivances/cliches, thanks to one Morozov, King of Cheese.

15. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way. When I first saw Amodio I was excited to see how he would progress. I was kinda horrified by his program last year. It really was a " what the hell were they thinking" moment. He is so much better that that choreography and music choice. I do think however that a lot of it came from him. It was kinda arrogant really because it seemed to just thumb his nose at what was expected of him and what he could deliver. It seems like he was saying " screw you I just want to have fun"
    Hopefully he has learned that that is not going to win him competitions. He is a beautiful skater and he needs everything he has got because the men's field is the tightest it has ever been in my memory and getting more competitive by the year. There are ten guys who could easily medal. TEN! That is unbelievable.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  16. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

I don't know about Carmen since there are possibly two dance teams skating to it.

17. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3QoLBLeJjk This would be perfect for him in the sp...so catchy!