Fleur Maxwell's Spins

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Jebrista, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Jebrista

Jebrista New Member

What do you think of Fleur Maxwell as a skater, especially her spins?
    I think her spins are top quality, and her step sequence in her short this season really brought out her flexibility in a creative way.

2. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with her skating but just going by this SP, yeah, her spins look good. I've seen worse from much higher ranked skaters. Not so sure about the steps or jumps. She is waaaaaaaay down on the ISU personal best list so apparently her tech content is low. But she seems to be a good skater, very pleasant to watch, just not a highly competitive one. It's a tough sport.
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=M-QN7_gsVeU&desktop_uri=/watch?v=M-QN7_gsVeU

3. shah

shah Shhh...

she's a very good spinner, that's why I'm amazed she continually gets levels 2 for her spins! lack of focus, not enough revolutions, being undertrained? I regularly have a look at protocols from competitions in which she participates and recently, at the Gardena Trophy, she got lvs2 for all her spins in the free. that's quite shocking, I must say...

4. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

yes, if she got higher levels on the spins and footwork she might have been on the podium at Gardena Trophy

i think that Fleur is just a LOVELY skater ... and I wish her all the v. best in her bid to make it to the olympics in Sochi. I respect her attempts at the loop jump (which she has landed a couple of times in competition) but perhaps she should just focus on a slightly easier layout ...

5. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

I love Fleur really one of the most truly beautiful skaters out there as far as her lines and flexibility it's all astounding. She's one of the few to incorporate extreme front bends in her spins in her leg behind head sit and upright variations and she does so with a flat back rather than the rounding of the spine that generally occurs in these position. There are also subtle nuances in her arms that go unnoticed by the crowd such as her hyper mobile shoulder joints when she lifts her arms over head with her hands clasped and rotates them fully backwards, I have yet to see anyone else do this in figure skating not even Cohen.