FlashForward - The Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by HeatherC, Sep 25, 2009.

1. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Loving it! Will every episode end with my mouth wide open in shock?

And why March 15, 2010? It's a Monday, a week before Worlds. Is ABC gonna move the show after Dancing With the Stars?

Do we know the date of the wedding? For all we know, it could take place in, say, February, and the wife was watching a video of the wedding on April 29/10 at 10pm. We won't know til we actually see the episode that features the wife.

The pregnant FBI agent may be in a different part of the world, so it wouldn't be 10pm wherever she is. We don't know where that blonde doctor lives.

Also, Charlie's flashforward features the boy and D. Gibbons. The boy's flashforward features Olivia. Olivia's flashforward features Matt Damon's boyfriend. I have no idea how to connect all that.
  2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Mark and Olivia's marriage demise is becoming self-fulling. He's pulling back from her. The opening shot in the playgound was chilling.

And I too wonder how many people are telling the truth or only parts of the truth about their blackout. It will be interesting to see as the story goes forward.
    agalisgv and (deleted member) like this.
  3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

One thing bothering me is that the parents are not asking the girl what she saw after she has brought up her flashforward 2 times! I get that it is to draw it out because her flashforward probably reveals a lot but I would rather them just leave it as if she refuses to talk about it or something. However, she has twice mentioned her flashforward and they just say "oh ok, honey..." and then nothing? That wouldn't be how 99.9% of people would handle the situation, IMO. I would ask...
  4. rfisher

I don't think either of them want to know. They're already trying to deny what they saw, at least Olivia is.
  5. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

Right. And it seems that the flashforward is causing the demise of Olivia and Mark's marriage.

Maybe Loyd didn't recall Olivia from the flashforward because he was awake and didn't have one.

Something else in common between FF and Lost - Creepy Children!! I find Charlie about as freaky as Walt.

It's odd to see The Famous Jett Jackson with facial hair.
  6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Was the woman who called Dmitry played by Shohreh Aghdashloo? It sounded like her. I love her. great cast.
  7. BigB08822

I don't know her name but I recognize the voice for sure. Of course, I can't think of anything I know her from but that voice is unforgettable. What has she been in?
  8. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Yes, and she was in last week's episode as well. She plays an agent in London I think? which would (kind of) explain why she would have access to Noh's phone number. But if he's ever had an interaction with her he's have to recognize that voice!! I almost wonder if her highly identifiable voice is part of why she was cast. Love hearing her speak...

Shohreh Agdashloo came to prominence in the US at least after she was in the movie House of Sand and Fog. She was also a recurring character in the series 24 the season after that movie came out.
  9. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov New Member

If all the endings are anything like tonights then yes. :wideeyes:

Forget about FlashForward being compared to Lost. I got some serious X-Files vibes from the final scene with all the crows. Creepy.

At times there are points where FlashForward slows down a little but then another thing is thrown at the viewer. That sort of thing is keeping me from wanting to miss any episode.
  10. rfisher

I missed how Dimitry helped the dad exhume his daughter. How'd that happen. He was walking away from the guy with the bong and then he's at the cemetery. I may have been still washing out my eyes from the dancing underware scene. :yikes:
  11. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Leave it to my aunt. I was on the phone with her when the last scene aired. She yells out...How did they get all those birds to fall down like that?

She's never been one to figure out the finer points of life.
    BigB08822 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Carmen Ovsiannikov

rfisher, I don't think it was explained how Dmitry was able to get the body exhumed. I'd like to know as well, especially since Mark's wife refused to sign the paperwork. I suppose since Dmitry is an FBI agent he might be owed some favors?

I need to watch it again, which unfortunately means I have to get through the dancing underwear scene again. It looks as if I'll need a fastforward rather than a flashforward. Ick.

ArtisticFan, :lol:.
  13. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the daughter's remains are in the grave - an arm, or leg. Doesn't mean she still isn't alive somewhere.

So the last scene - that was a flashback to what happened once before in Ghana? The little boy with the scar watching the sheep didn't black out. I wonder if we're going to see an adult version of this character appear in a future epsiode. Watch for the scar!
  14. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

When he was in the office and right before he told the boss his head wasn't in the game, he was talking to Mark on the phone about getting the warrant for the guy to exhume his daughter's remains. Then later we see the scene at the tombstone. That was all they showed in the process.
  15. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

She was recently in The Stoning of Soraya M.
  16. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I've been crazy sick all week but I wanted to pop in here again even though I don't have much to add what with my head full of junk. :yikes: At any rate I am still loving this show and I thought tonight's ep was really good. I liked that it slowed down a bit and only focused on a few different stories instead of a bunch all at once. The bird thing was really interesting and I second the motion of checking to see if an adult version of that little Ghana boy is around somewhere in the present. This show is SO fascinating to follow and I can't wait to see what's next! :)
  17. rfisher

I did notice that Dmitry's fiancé was actually quite a distance from the wedding party. Maybe she only assumed it was Dmitry standing there.

I'm still waiting for another kangaroo sighting. :watch:
  18. HeatherC

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've been waiting for that too. :lol: :p
  19. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I wasn't thrilled that yet another agent lied to their (future) wife. And Nazis?

We didn't see Zoey actually see Dmitry in her flashforward. It was probably assumed...or she is lying about see Dmitry and is marrying someone else. At the very least, them traveling to some faraway island explains why no one attended their wedding.

How many months pregnant is the female agent in her flashforward? She was pretty darn big. I love that she's a lesbian.

I'm also loving the big honcho's wife. The actress usually plays kick-ass characters that kick ass. Liking the softer side she is playing. Although, I have no clue what the boy is all about. His dad one of the agents who died?
  20. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

I think his mother was one of the agents killed.
  21. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Oh, but I saw a woman sitting next to him. I assumed that was his "mother."
  22. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

I thought it was a family friend or relative.

Since he was calling the other woman mother, and since female agents were killed, I thought his mother was most likely killed.
  23. missflick

missflick New Member

Just finished watching it. This series reminds me of "Heroes" in the first season, when almost every episode had a jaw dropping ending. Loving it.
  24. ssminnow

ssminnow Active Member

Near the end of the episode, in Mark and Olivia's bedroom, if you look closely, one of the paintings on the wall (looked like Charlie's drawings) seemed to be a kangaroo.
  25. rfisher

How do you see these things? :lol: I call myself paying attention. :shuffle:
  26. genevieve

Let's hope it doesn't remind us of Heroes in subsequent seasons :shuffle:

I think this was the best episode so far. I agree that slowing it down and focusing on a few angles instead of trying to cram in something about everyone was a good idea.

loved the new characters we saw introduced tonight. Agree that Zoe looked far away and may have just assumed that it was Dimitri she's marrying. Although in 2+ minutes of flash forward she could have gotten close enough to know for sure...I'm pretty sure as the season progresses we're going to see longer snippets of peoples' FFs which will give new information.

We haven't seen the babysitter since the first ep, right? We saw the agent's wife leaving her a message but we have yet to hear/see what she saw.

Loved the reenactment of the crows dropping. Anyone catch what the scarred kid saw in the sky? I thought at first it was a sunburst but it was more like a big crow-shaped energy something-or-other. freaky!
  27. missflick

missflick New Member

Does anyone think that Joseph Fiennes sounds like Christopher Lambert when he speaks? Especially when he speaks softly.
  28. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Maybe it's just me but he looks a little bit like Christopher Lambert as well.

I still haven't figured out what it was the child was looking at and freaky is the right word.
  29. BigB08822

You know, it never crossed my mind that the child might be looking at a solar flare. That is the thing my boss is convinced he saw. I was convinced that I saw some kind of smoke stack and assumed there was some kind of gas coming out of there that caused the blackout. I think they were testing it on this village in Somoa and that boy was far enough out of the area to not be affected. It certainly would be interesting if it was a solar flare or something but I just think this was caused by a team of people.
  30. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston New Member

My son thought it was a mushroom cloud. I couldn't tell, and now I've deleted the episode, darn it.
  31. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Brian - I thought the same thing as you.:cool:
  32. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Watched this for the first time this week. Now I just have to figure out how to see all the eps I've missed :)

Also, Jack Davenport was more recently in last summer's Swingtown. All four of the male leads on that show are starring in new series this fall.
  33. HeatherC

Check out ABC's official website because I think they stream all of their shows online now. :)
  34. genevieve

It's also on hulu - they show the last 4 or 5 eps, but since it's so early in the season, they're got all of 'em right now :)
  35. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Charlie!!!
  36. HeatherC

Good show tonight. They are definitely starting to focus more on a few stories at a time rather than everyone's story and I think it's working quite well. I can't wait to see what happens next week. :)

ITA about Charlie! I've been waiting for Dominic's character to make his debut and I'm glad it's finally here! :D
  37. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Thankfully FlashForward (IMO) is a better series than Swingtown and the ABC did a great job promoting it.

I haven't had a chance to watch the entire episode for this week but even the first 5-10 minutes were great. I need to watch the rest to figure out why Ned the nerd thinks he is going to be African American in six months. :lol:

Is Grant Show back on Melrose?
  38. rfisher

My annoying neighbor came by during the last 15 minutes. What did *Charlie* say to hottie Aussie?
  39. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Hottie is an Aussie? I thought he was a Brit. Can never tell them apart.

Charlie said that hottie had better get used to talking to him, now that the single worst thing had happened to humankind. Or something like that. In other words, hottie and Charlie are somehow involved in something that caused the blackout.
  40. rfisher

Well, there was a stuffed kangaroo in his kid's room. :lol: He could be a Brit and the kangaroo was a clue to who knows what.

((((Dmitry))))