Finnish skating news, part II

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by maija, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

If Turkkilla can finish 10th or higher, it doesn't matter what Mikonsari places and Finland can get 2 spots right? That's not impossible, but Juulia would likely have to skate very well to finish in the top 10, but with Korpi, Leonova, and Silete not there, her chances are improved.

2. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

^ it's not, at least not for me in the US. Laura looks lovely and very well put together, as per usual.

4. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Carolina will be at Euros, and looking at her Nationals performances, she is in a quite good shape. Even if she would have a mistake or two (same as Kiira, most likely), her PCSs would still be higher than Kiira's. So, no reason to assume that the Euros title would necessarily be Korpi's.

Thanks. Good for Kiira.

5. skatak

skatak Well-Known Member

6. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

I should already be in bed so I have no time right now but here's a crappy google translation for you, which gives you the main idea.

---

Finland's all-time most successful figure skater Laura Lepisto has given all Kiira Korvelle advice on how to recover from injuries.

Lepistö himself suffered from a successful career persistent Achilles tendon injury, which in turn keeps the Kiira Korpi away from EM Zagreb Arena. Lepisto took his contact kaveriinsa injury became public knowledge.

- We have some viestitelleet Kiira, because he has the same type of problems as I had. I gave him all the tips that do not do it, and it is, but so and so, Lepistö reveals.

- I wanted to give him any advice on where I felt I have gone wrong during the rehabilitation process. I want to keep him at the top to represent the Finnish.

Lepisto won the European Championships in his career straight flush, ie gold, silver and bronze. Korpi of Finland's success in personal injury possibilities week commencing races diminished to nothing.

- It's really too bad that Kiira suffer because we do not get a Finnish exciting race. Fortunately, he does have access to the World Cup, YLE's expert team joined Lepistö sighs.

His career in March last year due to injuries Lepistö decided to focus on the current School studies. He also makes occasional figure skating performances, as well as coaching gigs. Career in racing, he does not need me anymore.

- I do not know, we could go on the stress anymore. Yes oireilemaan feet would have been, however, as they do now, Lepistö know.

Lepisto was awarded the Finnish Sports Gala on Tuesday, sporting careers special prize. The already mentioned European Championship success, but also a pretty short career he won the World Championship bronze.

7. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

Bumping this up with a couple of tidbits from the newest FFSA magazine.

Aghai/Partanen have apparently gone splitsville. :( It's disappointing but honestly not that surprising. They would've aged out of juniors anyway and IIRC they were already having problems of some kind earlier in the season. Not to mention the disappointing finish at Junior Worlds.

Finland is, again, bidding for Worlds in 2016 (we already did for 2015 and also 2011 after it was cancelled in Japan). We're probably going to keep bidding until we get it and honestly, I don't think it'll take long - I suspect Worlds will land in Helsinki sometime during the next olympiad before 2018.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  8. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Good luck with the bid!! I'd be there for sure :D

9. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Oh, I would love to have Worlds in Finland! Or anywhere else in Europe. It seems to be out of Europe for too long (2013 in Canada, 2014 in Japan, 2015 in China...) Good luck with the bid!

10. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

I really hope Finland gets the bid!! :D

11. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

:wuzrobbed They used to show up at BC Summerskate.

:cheer2:

12. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

I would go if they got it. Good luck! :D

13. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I really wish we shall got Worlds soon! If that happens, I surely welcome all the FSUers here and am willing to help everyone as much as I cam

At least we shall have Art on Ice next year, 11th of March 2014!

I am so sa d with Sara and Jussiville. I only saw them in Finnish Nats 2011, they were so good.
    And I am still waiting for more information about what Julian Lagus will do.

14. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

I had forgotten to tell you, in terms of coaching he said he was going to Sirkka Kaipio again(you called it ;)) and recently he has also been talking to Margaglio... I wonder what they are cooking there.

15. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

16. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

:cheer: Kiira. What a shame we won't be seeing her lovely LP again (I presume)

Aww thank you. I might be holding you to that! :D

Dr.Siouxs and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Finnice

Please, do!
    :cheer: Kiira!!!!

18. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

National Team has been announced (way to go, fed... :cheer: I remember a couple of years ago they didn't bother publishing it before August but they've stepped up things since)

Liubov Efimenko LTL
    Nelma Hede EsJt
    Kiira Korpi TapTL
    Rosaliina Kuparinen LTL
    Julian Lagus JTL
    Alisa Mikonsaari LrTL
    Lyydia Määttänen TapTL
    Emma Niemi TTK
    Tino Olenius TapTL
    Beata Papp Hermes
    Bela Papp Hermes
    Emmi Peltonen EsJt
    Juho Pirinen LrTL
    Seidi Rantanen EsJt
    Jenni Saarinen TapTL
    Juulia Turkkila HL
    Matthias Versluis EsJt
    Nea Viiri EsJt
    Valtter Virtanen KeLS
    Viktor Zubik HSK

http://www.stll.fi/?x2126=3559158

No surprises, really. In fact, it's pretty much exactly what I expected it to be.

Can't wait to see the young guns next season! :cheer2: Especially Emmi Peltonen, she blew me away this last season with how much she had developed and especially her artistry. I think she's probably the most talented (total package) skater we've had since Jenni Vähämaa. :kickass: Hoping everyone stays injury free and has great summer training!

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  19. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

Thanks! Is cecilia torn still skating? Shes a lovely skater (but a total headcase i know)

Miss the finnish skaters like susanna poykio, laura lepisto, jenni vahama and even mikko minkinnen so much! These days i am so put off by skaters who do cluncky scratchy x overs. They should all go to finland and learn about the concept of "soft blade"

20. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Yay, Kuparinen on the National team :cheer2:! Am hoping she manages to stay relatively injury-free this season. Really enjoyed watching her at Nordics last year and she actually attempted harder triples, in addition to having excellent basics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hTIKNnChw

21. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

Yes, she is still skating, she was injured for a while and restarted a few weeks ago, she also mentioned on Twitter that she was trying ice-dance boots for the first time so I wonder if she switched disciplines... i asked but had no answer.

22. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

That's interesting! She has gorgeous basics (the best part about her skating) so she'd probably make a lovely ice dancer. :) Hopefully she can find a partner (or already has one) if she wants to try that out.

23. Finnice

I agree that Cecilia Törn would be a great ice dancer! I so want to see her back on the ice.
    Jussiville Partanen has had some tryouts with at least two different ladies, so let´s see.

:sekret: told that Jeffrey Buttle is choreographing the SP for Kiira Korpi.

ETA: Kelvster, Mikko Minkkinen has now doctorated in mediacal science and is apparently making a great career as a scientist. Thank you for remembering him, he was a somewhat erratic skater, but often also a joy to watch.

Dr.Siouxs and (deleted member) like this.
  24. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:cheer:

25. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

Oh, good to hear! What a smart cookie.

I liked his Depche Mode free programme, the year he won Finnish Nationals and went on to Euros and Worlds ;) He, like a lot of skaters from Finland, was silky smooth on the ice ... too bad we never saw more of him.

If you have news of Susanna Poykio, please let me know as well :)

26. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

27. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

It says that she's trying to find music for her SP, which will apparently be choreographed by Buttle like Finnice said. Kiira was asking for suggestions on Twitter a couple of days ago.

The article also mentions that Imaginaerum by Nightwish could be a choice for a new exhibition.

28. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

Thank you!

29. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Korpi should skate to "Fever". This is just my personal wish though. :p

30. Finnice

Would you get fever if she skated to it?;)
    She mentioned earlier that it would be great to skate to Sibelius in the Olympic season, but I guess it is not very easy to find a piece with suitable length, other than Valse Triste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.