finally, scientific proof ...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Hehehe

3. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl:

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol:

5. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

:dog: Too funny!!!:lol:

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I love the part about the buckets, lol

7. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Fantastic - so true so true

8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Love it! :cat:

9. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

awesome, thanks...I sent it to on to my friends and family.

10. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

ummm, thank you. That was very insightful. :rofl: :lol:

11. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

The garden kitty approves of this video!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

:respec: :rofl:

Laugh riot when the narrator discusses the cleaning habits of dogs; then when a similar cat hygiene pic is shown, the narrator clears his throat and asks for the next photo. :lol:

I love all cats and dogs and animals in general; dogs love me (at least the intelligent ones) unconditionally, whereas cats understand me but only show affection on their own terms and when they feel like it. Dogs come when called, and even when not called. Cats hear you calling them, and sit hiding in plain sight with smirks on their faces, "You called? Heh, heh."

Cats have a special place in my heart. :saint:

13. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Of course, an equally compelling case could be made for why dogs are better than cats. Or IMO a more compelling case if you want to argue about it - dogs are after all eyes for the blind, weapons for the police, noses for a whole bunch of purposes, and aids to the disabled.

Not to discredit cats' abilities as mousers, but dogs are by far more useful as companions. Of course that is only one definition of 'better'.

Cats could be seen as better pets because they are easier, more independent, and don't need exercise and training. So it's no surprise that there are more cat pets than dog pets in America.

14. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Very cute; my cat is in the next room teaching french to my eight year-old; my dog is chewing on a Lego.

15. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

My cat is currently sitting in the sun contemplating who was the greater philospher, Rene Decarte or Nietsche.

16. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

My cat is reading the works of Simone de Beauvoir while drinking a non-fat mocha. So smart.

17. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I have 3 cats - they are all sleeping. :p

18. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

It's better not to own anything that you have to pick up after :).

19. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

:lol: That is always a smart thing to do.

20. KatieC

KatieC Going in circles

Both of my cats are currently expanding their horizons, and keeping unwanted squirrels at bay. They will return when they decide it's time for a rest.

21. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

This weekend I was visiting a friend who has a small dog. We were sitting and chatting, when the pooch came up with something in his mouth, dropped it at my feet ... and it was a chess piece. I just about fell of the couch laughing. :rofl:

22. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

To each their own, Japanfan. ;)

Note: There are plenty of true tales about cats saving humans' lives. Cats as well as dogs assist elderly in nursing homes, and assist disabled individuals.

And, I beg to differ re cats not needing "exercise and training."

Sure cats need exercise and training. The difference is cats generally refuse to be trained. You have to convince them that whatever you want them to do is their idea in the first place. :D Also, unlike dogs, cats already know how to exercise and will exercise on their own, and lead their human companions in exercise too. I learned from my cats how to stretch when I wake up or get up from sitting for a long time. I also learned from my cats the importance of balance and harmony, and how to be attuned to what time it is without looking at a clock. I also learned the importance of chilling out and getting needed rest time whenever possible, and asserting myself when necessary. Not to mention, I learned from my cats how to enjoy each and every meal because none of us know (human or animal) when it might be our last. ;)