Final season of American Idol AI15

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
OMG, this reminds me of when my friend who's a cop got Ryan Star into handcuffs after a show. He loved it & insisted I take a pic for him.

quartz

scratching at the light
Hippie girl just yelled the same note for a minute straight.
I can see why I am pretty much alone at the Idol table. Bring me wine!

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I caught it. :)

And we can all blame Seacrest for foisting the crappy kardashians on us. Ugh, that was such a waste of time.

quartz

scratching at the light
Cello funk and 15 y/o boy with the acoustic guitar were the only two I liked. The whole show was very bland. Spent the whole time here, on fb, and on pinterest looking at Betsey Johnson fashion.
I haven't really watched a whole lot since Simon left, but I thought I'd give it one more chance seeing as this is the end. And it should be the end.:shuffle:

puglover

Well, Keith Urban can call me "baby" in his Australian drawn any time he wants.

Last edited:

TheGirlCanSkate

I had my daughter watching and she walked out, she said when contestants sang it all sounded like country. She went to bed.

The girl, seena?, facetiming her dad was my favorite.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I haven't watched Idol in years but am going to give it a go again this season. Tonight's episode is on my PVR but I might not watch it after reading this thread. :lol:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 4. There wasn't enough variety. I would have given it a 5, but the sight of Kim K was an automatic deduction.

I'm wondering why Shelby Z thinks she can do better on Idol than she did on The Voice with Blake's coaching.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I forgot we had gotten a new receiver from our TV provider & that I needed to set the DVR to record so I missed it. I did read Lyndsey Parker's recap & listened to about 10 of the auditioners who got thru. My thoughts:

1. Lidita, the girl from Kosovo - I liked her voice but agreed she did too many runs - too bad she's on Idol instead of The Voice, she won't get any coaching
2. Lee, the 15yr old who lost his older brother - 1st one I really liked
3. Cello girl - I think I like her voice but the cello was distracting
4. Sonika, reject from The Voice
5. Kory, barista from last year
6. Shelby Z from The Voice - I liked her on that show & I liked her here
7. Guy with pregnant wife
8. Husband & wife - I liked him, not her

Others:
Policewoman - they showed her handcuffing Harry but not her singer - was she any good?
The guy who JLo said was too dark was recapped but they didn't show his singing
Kanye West - just ick

PeterG

My nominations for the rudest moment of last night's debut episode:

1. Harry Connick Jr. for choosing not to stay in his judges seat, but leap up onto the audition circle and join Josiah Siska perform Ghost Riders and slap his hands on his thigh to make the background staff laugh, making a bull whip sound and then make neigh-ing horse sounds. Welcome to the Harry Connick, Jr. show, everyone!

2. Keith Urban for singing over top of contestant Billy Bob Evett instead of listening to him. And then telling Billy Bob that his vocal was not strong enough even though Keith sang so loud that what chance was there that he could have even heard Billy Bob?

3. Harry Connick Jr. for mocking a 16 year old with little self-awareness (and an enabling family) by voting no and then asking the 16 year to sing some more. And then when the 16 year old has left the room and can't defend himself, Harry mocks him some more. (Keith joins in for a bit also.)

4. Jennifer Lopez for commenting on a female contestant that "she still sings like a heavy girl".

5. Harry Connick Jr. for completing taking over the audition of the female police officer's audition. Welcome to the Harry Connick, Jr. show, everyone! (Did I say that already?)

6. Harry Connick Jr. for his comment, "I would be tasered" after the female police officer has left, seeminly unaware that numerous people have lost loved ones after they were tasered.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I watched long enough to see the hipster guy whose mom had passed away and who made weird faces while he sang (and sang badly IMHO). And then all the judges said he was "quirky" but gave him a golden ticket anyway. Oh, how I wished that Simon had been on the panel at that moment....

If AI doesn't realize that viewers are tired of weepy back stories and want to see contestants that can really sing, and aren't just being pushed through because they're "interesting" - good riddance to it. (And by "sing" I mean "able to do more than Mariah Carey/Christina Aguilera style dog - whistle shrieking. ").

shan

My nominations for the rudest moment of last night's debut episode:

1. Harry Connick Jr. for choosing not to stay in his judges seat, but leap up onto the audition circle and join Josiah Siska perform Ghost Riders and slap his hands on his thigh to make the background staff laugh, making a bull whip sound and then make neigh-ing horse sounds. Welcome to the Harry Connick, Jr. show, everyone!

I saw that audition on youtube. :eek: I was so annoyed by Jennifer doing whip sounds and Harry running up slapping his thighs was cringe-worthy. Ugh...

quartz

scratching at the light
I ignore the judges and the back stories. I only pay attention when I actually hear singing. Or in some cases, "singing". :shuffle:

PeterG

Brooke Sample singing The Dixie Chicks' "Cold Day In July" is the first audition that I have looooooved. Made me a bit teary. And I agree with Harry (ACK!!!) that she needs to stop apologizing for everything.

Aceon6

Last night was better to my ears. There were quite a few good performances and the maturity level of the contestants clearly contrasted with Harry. Not bad.

I wonder what they'll do with next week's show. Clay was all over the promo.

Susan1

Two things - Alexis Gomez (from here) is joining the local morning news critique of the show the night before!

And - I have an old lady crush on that guy that sang The Phantom of the Opera. :) (Geez, I hope I didn't just jinx him!!!!)

taf2002

I liked quite a few of last night's singers & I wouldn't be surprised if the winner comes from those auditions. My favs were the POTO guy, girl with jazz parents, girl with flowers in her hair, guy who Harry snuck up on & hugged (WTF?), & girl with military mom. I wouldn't have put thru the girl with superfan parents or the creepy guy who was trying to seduce JLo-that one gave me serious goosies & not in a good way.

After a few years of Harry I have to wonder about his maturity level. How could a grown man think it would be a good idea to interrupt someone's audition by sneaking up behind them & putting them into a full body hug?

PeterG

After a few years of Harry I have to wonder about his maturity level. How could a grown man think it would be a good idea to interrupt someone's audition by sneaking up behind them & putting them into a full body hug?

That kid was just grateful to get a bit part on The Harry Connick Jr. Program. Featuring this week's guest stars, Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban.

Aceon6

Underwhelming show last night. It wasn't quite as bad as the premiere, but close. I didn't see anyone who will survive Hollywood weekother than the Broadway guy. I'm hoping tonight will be better.

Susan1

Underwhelming show last night. It wasn't quite as bad as the premiere, but close. I didn't see anyone who will survive Hollywood weekother than the Broadway guy. I'm hoping tonight will be better.

Glad you mentioned "Broadway guy". Is that the one whose brother died when he was 8? I missed the first part. Why was it his fault?

Aceon6

Glad you mentioned "Broadway guy". Is that the one whose brother died when he was 8? I missed the first part. Why was it his fault?
Yes, the guy at the end. He said he was playing cops and robbers using a gun in the home and shot his brother.

The guy was in Peter Pan Live, so I don't think anything in Hollywood week will phase him.

taf2002

I also liked the girl who sang Lips Are Moving. The judges were especially bad last night. They talk about finding a bookend to Kelly Clarkson but then they put thru all those horrible singers. That girl who sang Radioactive with her 1000 affectations was the worst they put thru imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information