Final season of American Idol AI15

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The first audition show is Wednesday at 8 Eastern on Fox. Per the advanced publicity, all of the judges, including Simon, will make appearances. It will be interesting to see how many "winners" we'll see. Maybe they'll have to acknowledge Taylor Hicks.

flyingsit

The first audition show is Wednesday at 8 Eastern on Fox. Per the advanced publicity, all of the judges, including Simon, will make appearances. It will be interesting to see how many "winners" we'll see. Maybe they'll have to acknowledge Taylor Hicks.
or Kris Allen?

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I heard Kanye West "auditioned."

I will pass on the audition shows and maybe tune in during Hollywood Week.

Cachoo

Another Kelly? Fantasia? The oh-so-sexy Adam Lambert? I hope so. But I'm not holding my breath.

Aceon6

Another Kelly? Fantasia? The oh-so-sexy Adam Lambert? I hope so. But I'm not holding my breath.
Going by pre-show interviews, that's Harry's goal. I hope they stick to it and don't let a lot of "not ready for prime time" contestants get through.

BigB08822

Just find people who can SING! They worry about whether they have the look or the on-screen presence or a good "story." Just put those that can sing through and let the voters decide who they want to see more of.

Unfortunately I don't think Kelly Clarkson will be a big part of this final season. She is pregnant and last I heard was on vocal rest. That is unfortunate but maybe she can film a video message or something if she isn't able to make it to the show. Not sure when live shows start but I would think Kelly would be very pregnant by then.

TheGirlCanSkate

1 day left! I watched the first few seasons and have not thought about watching again. I'm hoping it is reved up a notch in talent and judging and will give it a shot tomorrow.

Aceon6

1 day left! I watched the first few seasons and have not thought about watching again. I'm hoping it is reved up a notch in talent and judging and will give it a shot tomorrow.
We'll know in the first 30 minutes if they're serious. If talent prevails over backstory, cute factor, or "good TV", that will be a sign.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I understand that it's a much shorter season this time around. Less in terms of audition rounds, etc., and ending much sooner.

I do feel sorry already for the winner, whose win most will pay attention to during the final show, since it'll be more an homage to the show itself. I mean, does anyone remember who won the night Simon left the show?

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
DING DING DING! You win!

I don't know, somehow I think they should have a regular final show to announce the winner, and a separate show to close out the series. Yes, it's an old and tired show in some respects, but it was a big deal for many years, so...

Alixana

Definitely NOT a sonogram
Nope. The exact same judges as the last two years that have brought the show to cancellation. :(
IMO, it was the Mariah Carey/Nicky Minaj year that brought it to cancellation. I think Keith and Harry were several steps up in comparison (I will say nothing about JLo :) )

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
To me JLo is worse than anything Mariah or Nikki. The constant ego stroking & camera time has gotten more nauseating as the seasons go & she has gotten so conceited than very little of her contribution to the show is about the singers. It's all about her reaction to the singers, not the singers themselves.

PeterG

Jennifer is a great judge. Harry is a downer and way too stuck on himself, flaunting his musical knowledge in such a way that makes you want to see him get punched in the head. Keith is pretty, but basically vapid. The show's blonde bimbo. :(

Aceon6

Harry is a downer and way too stuck on himself, flaunting his musical knowledge in such a way that makes you want to see him get punched in the head.
Harry should be happy he wasn't around for the Casey Abrams/Haley Reinhart season. One of them would have killed him.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I had high hopes for Harry, but he has disappointed me with some of his shenanigans. Keith is okay, but I can't take JLo seriously because I can't get over the fact that she.can't.sing. LOL! Combine that with the gratuitous camera shots and I'm done. However, every once in awhile she shocks me with astute judging and commentary.

PeterG

...I can't take JLo seriously because I can't get over the fact that she.can't.sing. LOL! Combine that with the gratuitous camera shots and I'm done. However, every once in awhile she shocks me with astute judging and commentary.

That's the old Jennifer. She must have been doing a lot of work over the last few years to get to this (vocals start around the 2:00) mark:

2015 AMAs Jennifer Lopez Opening Performance

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Jennifer is a great judge. Harry is a downer and way too stuck on himself, flaunting his musical knowledge in such a way that makes you want to see him get punched in the head. Keith is pretty, but basically vapid. The show's blonde bimbo. :(

One or two good insights per season does not a good judge make. The first few seasons were more about the contestants than the judges. Now you have JLo who lipsychs her way thru her "live" performances & preens for the camera & Harry, who seems to have a lot of musical knowledge, but he shares it in a esoteric & irritating way. I like Keith but he usually echoes one of the others. When he has to critique 1st he is much better.

quartz

scratching at the light
Okay, I'm in! Heard one girl as I was tidying up and feeding the kitties :cat:and making tea. Had the TV on in my bedroom and all I could hear was caterwauling. What. Was. That???
I came in just in time to see them send the shrieking girl to Hollywood. Oh dear.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I'm watching! It's fun to see prior Idols as the first-line judges.

I was reminiscing today about how these threads, back in the day, would be 30+ pages every week. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information