Figures Tests and Pairs Tests

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by overedge, Oct 26, 2013.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Hoping that some of the older/more experienced skaters here can answer a question for me. When figures were still part of testing, did pairs skaters have to take figure tests? I know that figures weren't part of the pairs tests, but I seem to recall that pairs skaters had to pass singles test levels to take certain levels of pairs tests, which would have meant they would have had to pass figures tests as well.

Any light that anyone can shed on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

This is hearsay so maybe not totally accurate, but an older coach told me that Pair tests did not require passing figures, but back then, it wasn't much concern because most Pair skaters were originally singles skaters who had to pass their figures.

3. overedge

Thanks! I was hoping that someone or their coach had a long enough memory to remember how that worked.

4. KateSkates

KateSkates New Member

I don't know about figure tests for pairs but they weren't part of pair competitions as far as I know.

5. Emmett

Emmett Member

As someone who earned both thier Figure Test Gold medal and thier Pair test gold medal I can tell you that figures were not required for any level of pair test. I passed my Gold (Senior) Pair Test many years before my Gold (8th test) Figure Test.

gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  6. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I guess that settles it :) Thank you for your expertise.

7. overedge

Thanks, Emmett!