Figure Skating Schedule on NBC

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by mollymgr, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Heather W. has updated her TV schedule. It has detailed schedule listings of the team event, ladies, men, pairs and dance on both NBC and NBCSN.

http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm

2. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thanks Angie for posting the link. I have not visited this site since the Kween's era.
    I printed the schedule and will keep it handy, don't want to miss anything.

Thank you Heather!

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I'm afraid I haven't visited in a while, either, kittyjake5. I printed it out, too, so I could keep up with it. :)

4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Might as well add this here.

DirecTV has now added USA, NBC Sports, and CNBC to their DirecTV Everywhere lineup. You will be able to watch those channels online at DirecTV if you have an account with them. You can also go to MSNBC and NBC Olympics websites and sign in using your DirecTV e-mail address and password to watch there. Scroll to the bottom, and you'll find the MSNBC and NBC Olympic.com links.

http://www.directv.com/networks?lpos=Header:1

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  5. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I just peeked ahead on my upcoming tv schedule for the Olympics on Thursday and Friday of this week (2/6 & 2/7) and saw no Olympic skating coverage in sight on the NBC Sports Network Channel. It appears the Team Competition is not going to be covered live on NBCSN. Bummer! :(

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

We'll be dependent on our friends in far places for coverage. as we so often are!

7. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I just checked on Heather's TV schedule for Feb. 6th. Some of the Team Event will be on NBC, but you're right I believe. I don't think it's live. Refer to her schedule:

http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm

Here is what's live on NBCSN

Saturday, Feb. 8th - LIVE 9:30 - 11:00 a.m. (eastern) - (Team Event: Short Dance) - NBCSN

Saturday, Feb. 8th - LIVE 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (eastern) - (Team Event: Ladies Short and Pairs Long) - NBCSN

Sunday, Feb. 9th - LIVE 10 a.m. - 1 p.m - (Team Event: Gold Medal Final) - NBCSN

8. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

Thanks for sharing the NBCSN info!!! :cheer2:

9. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

I can't believe that for the first time ever i will see figure skating live at the Olympics on TV. I never even saw any skating live in Vancouver even though i'm only about 6.5 hours away from Vancouver and am on the same time zone.

10. HisWeirness

HisWeirness LYUBOV HAS BEEN FREED!

Just an FYI, but NBC Sports updated their Live Extra smartphone/tablet app today. There is now a special section for Sochi live coverage, highlights, and full-event replays. Live coverage and full event replays will require a pay cable TV login.

The first live FS event I am seeing right now on the app is 2/8 (team event). I haven't checked the NBC Olympics website yet.

Still no (legit) live coverage option for 2/6 (first day of team event)? :(

11. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I think I saw that NBC is streaming it live, but I don't recall where I saw this information. I don't understand why they don't run it on NBCSN.

12. momnatur

momnatur Member

When someone does find some somewhere, Please

shout it from the mountaintop!

Thank you
    (wow, I just hurt my voice. :D )

13. Blondie12

Blondie12 New Member

Anyone know if there is a Sochi app? They had a great one for London so that I could watch live on my ipad. But I do not see NBC advertising a similar one for Sochi.

14. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

It may be b/c the Olys won't have officially started yet, so they had other programming scheduled? But yes, it will be streamed live on NBCOlympics.com. That site worked on my work computer for London, so hopefully it will work now. ;)

15. HisWeirness

HisWeirness LYUBOV HAS BEEN FREED!

Try this link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nbc-sports-live-extra/id542511686?mt=8

Oh, and the first day of the team event (Feb 6) now shows up in the app. :)

16. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I found it in a press release from November.
    http://www.nbcolympics.com/viewers-guide
    "Beginning on Thursday, Feb. 6, with preliminary rounds of Snowboarding, Freestyle Skiing and Figure Skating, every phase of competition from all 15 sports on the Sochi program, including each medal-winning performance in all 98 events, will be streamed LIVE on NBCOlympics.com and via the NBC Sports Live Extra mobile app (iPhone/iPad | Android)."

ETA: I just went to this website . On the left side of the page is a box for Sign in now "Sign in once to access 1,000+ hours of coverage". I used my DirecTV sign in log to authenticate and should be good to go without having to log in every time.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  17. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that figure skating will already be underway in about 17 hours now.:eek:

18. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Is the NBC stream working for anyone? I just get a black screen.

19. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I'm watching on the phone app and it is working great. I was watching moguls on my computer earlier and it worked too.