Figure Skating Schedule on NBC

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by mollymgr, Oct 6, 2013.

1. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

They're actually showing Cup of China this year, NBC has always skipped that one.

And they're showing Euros!!!!!!!!!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

They aren't showing Pairs at Nationals? (I'm guessing they are just combined with something else.)

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Pairs FS is combined with FD again this year:

5. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

This is pretty darn great, compared to recent years.

6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Well, hurray for Olympic seasons! :) They must be trying to build anticipation, or try to make sure viewers actually have some idea of who they might see in Sochi, or something.

7. momnatur

momnatur Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!???? Brian doesn't have a show this year???? Foey! Can somebody tell me if he usually carried by a network OTHER than NBC, I don't pay much attention to these things? Thanks.

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I thought that Brian retired from pro skating...

9. momnatur

momnatur Member

Oh, I guess I missed something. Sorry. Thanks!

Then again, so did Scotty, but he still does the Kristi Y & Friends show every year as an MC. Or is that show now gone too?

10. Sylvia

11. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Well, I'm totally glad. Definitely going to find a VHS tape I can record over so I can make some videos. :)

12. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

After looking at Heather's TV schedule again, I believe I'll have to find more than one VHS tape I can record over. It's going to be like at least 5 or 6 VHS tapes. I believe I can tape over some old movies that I have on DVDs now. Totally excited about Euros being on TV again!!

13. Sylvia

NBC TV schedule in 2014 (all times Eastern; check your local listings)

Sun. Jan. 5
    1-3 Disson's Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular

Sat. Jan. 11
    3-6 LIVE U.S. Nationals (Pairs FS/Free Dance)
    8-11 LIVE U.S. Nationals (Ladies FS)

Sun. Jan. 12
    3-5 LIVE U.S. Nationals (Men's FS)

Sat. Jan. 18
    4-6 U.S. Nationals (taped exhibitions)

Sun. Jan. 19
    4-6 Europeans

Sat. Feb. 1
    4:30-6 Four Continents
    2:30-4:30 Disson's Tribute to American Legends of the Ice

NBC's primetime TV broadcast of the Olympics kicks off on Thursday, Feb. 6 (includes taped highlights of Team Event); Opening Ceremony is on Feb. 7.

It was announced today that the NBCSportsNetwork cable TV channel (NBCSN) will be broadcasting all the figure skating live in the U.S., starting on February 8 -- press release: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2013/12/17/nbcsn-to-present-230-hours-of-sochi-olympics-coverage/
    See also the news thread that was moved from GSD to the Olympics forum in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...Olympic-figure-skating-starting-on-Feb-8-2014

Sun. Apr. 13
    3-6 Worlds (taped highlights)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  14. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

15. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Well....grump, grump. It won't be live here on the left coast. Never is. Even SLC was tape delayed! Sadness

16. KateSkates

KateSkates New Member

Go figure, the year there's a decent schedule I have to miss it all for my residency. Will have to sweet talk a relative into recording it for me.

17. shuilee

shuilee Well-Known Member

Will NBC or Universal show any of the Nationals SP? In particular, I want to see Ladies SP and Men SP on Universal - I finally got that channel on cable.

18. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. The SP (Mens and Ladies) will be shown on IN, however. Here's a link to their schedule for Nationals:

http://web.icenetwork.com/schedule/2014/01/2014_us_fs_champs

ETA:

Well, I have some good news and some bad news regarding IN. I called and talked to a rep. He said that what was listed was the actual schedule of all the events. The rep also said that none of the events would be shown live, but there would be videos on IN later including the Ladies SP and Mens SP.

I'm just hoping the rep knew what he was talking about! :lol:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  19. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

The good news is he didn't. That schedule is the original one the LOC posted on their website about a year ago. It has changed since then but they haven't updated the times (I hope at least their tech crew on-site knows when/where they're supposed to be :shuffle:). And considering that they've been promoting the live coverage as part of their subscription, I would say yes, the events will be shown live, except for the groups shown live on NBC on Sat and Sun - those are usually posted the Tues or Wed after.

I don't know about Universal, but NBC usually shows some of the men's and ladies' SPs during breaks/holds in its live coverage. Based on past years, I think we will see some of the ladies on Sat aftn or evening (before they show the FS) and some of the men either Sat evening or Sun aftn before they go to the live comp. It's possible they may even show 1 or 2 of the pairs/dance SP/SD during Sat aftn, depending on how the events flow.

20. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Debbie, I sure hope you're right about this. The rep checked the blackout list, and then said that it wasn't listed. He said that meant that none of the U.S. Nationals would be shown live on IN. After that, he said that they would add videos of the Ladies and Mens SPs., etc. later on after the events were shown on NBC. I even asked him to check again because I wanted to be sure that at least the videos would be added since we wouldn't see anything live on IN. He told me once more that the videos would definitely be added.

21. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

In the past IN has always shown the parts that were not shown on NBC live. The parts that are shown on NBC are not shown live. That includes novice and junior, and early groups of the seniors. I thought it would be that same way this year.

22. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thanks, AJ Skatefan. I'm still worried about the parts that IN will show. I found that blackout list, and it shows what's available in the United States and US territories only. The 2014 US Championships isn't listed, and that's what the rep was trying to explain to me.

http://web.icenetwork.com/help/blackout

The 2014 US National Championships is listed on the season pass, however. I definitely believe they haven't updated other portions of the website which makes it totally confusing, and that's awful! They should have updated it a long time ago.

http://ww2.icenetwork.com/subscribe/

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  23. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

The US Championships are listed here:

http://ww2.icenetwork.com/subscribe/

I really think that it'll be shown live except for the parts shown on NBC. That's how it's been in the past few years.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Just saw that, too! I just don't understand why they can't do something as simple as updating that website! :confused:

25. Sylvia

I thought U.S. Nationals can be viewed by subscribers outside the U.S.? That's why it's not listed among the blackout events.

I assume that the IN staff will be updating the Nationals event schedule for live viewing soon.

26. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I hope so, Sylvia. I guess that the rep I talked to got confused when he saw the blackout list. He really thought it meant that Nationals wouldn't be shown at all on IN. What you just posted makes way more sense.

27. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl Active Member

Just a heads up that there will be two different commentating teams during the Olympics. Johnny/Tara and Scott/Sandra-- depending on where and when you watch.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...als-games-also-tony-gonzalez-olympic-skating/

NBC to Use Separate Broadcast Teams For Live, Taped, Skating

NBC Sports will use two different broadcast teams for live and taped Olympic figure skating coverage. Calling the live action on NBC Sports Network will be Terry Gannon with newcomers Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski. For the tape delayed coverage on NBC, Tom Hammond will call the action alongside analysts Scott Hamilton, Sandra Bezic and Tracy Wilson. (NBC Sports Group Press Box)

immoimeme and (deleted member) like this.
  28. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

The European championships will be on NBC today commentated by Johnny and Tara

29. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Europeans coverage starts at 3pm CST ie, after snowboard ing.

30. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Hallelujah! :rollin: