Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Pairs Round 4

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by allezfred, Jul 3, 2012.

Who are the weakest link?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2012.
  1. Shishkova & Naumov

38 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Kovarikova & Novotny

28 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. Woetzel & Steuer

67 vote(s)
    39.2%
  4. Kazakova & Dmitriev

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Shen & Zhao

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. Totmianina & Marinin

16 vote(s)
    9.4%
  8. Pang & Tong

14 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Savchenko & Szolkowy

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I actually agree. K&D's death spiral was basically botched and should have incurred a big deduction, dropping them to no higher than 2nd in the SP. W&S as usual had many mediocre elements, but no major problems on any, and they revived their No Holly for Miss Quinn program which was one of their only nice programs ever. One of the only times I would have W&S higher than the judges did in any program.

I also agree W&S's 97-98 LP was their nicest LP ever with nice music, and they emoted to it very well, but it doesnt mean squat if they skate it poorly.

2. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Wow, so many nice 6.0 pairs programmes. Unlike my post in the men's thread, IJS has completely ruined pairs skating. God I even enjoyed watching W&S's botched programmes compared to most IJS pairs programmes (with a couple of notable exceptions of course!).

3. vodkashot

vodkashot Active Member

:lynch:

LOL, the good old days when it was patently obvious which judges were playing dirty!

4. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

Both Shishkova & Naumov / Woetzel & Steuer has high and low points technically at their World Championships win. However i personally thought that Woetzel & Steuer had much better artistically which lead me to vote for Shishkova and Naumov

5. Plusdinfo

Plusdinfo Member

I found Woetzel/Steuer to always be interesting and to connect well with their music, while Shishkova/Naumov didn't make me feel like they were emoting. Admittedly, I haven't seen much of '94-'02 pairs in recent years, but I like Woetzel/Steuer too much to vote for them over a team that didn't strike my fancy when they were around.

6. shady82

shady82 Active Member

I can't believe Woetzel/Steur might survive another round..

7. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

This!