Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Pairs FINAL FOUR

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by allezfred, Jul 21, 2012.

Who is the weakest link?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2012.
  1. Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze

14 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Shen & Zhao

27 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Totmianina & Marinin

102 vote(s)
    58.6%
  4. Savchenko & Szolkowy

31 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

2. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

Bye bye berezhnaya & Sikharulidze. Though it looks like Totmianina & Marinin are going :(

3. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM Member

I didn't think this one would be so difficult! Who to vote out? :confused:

4. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

I vote for T&M too. excellent technicians, milimetric precision and gorgeous lines...yet they rarely emoted. Although their Ave Maria sp is one of the ages, they never had an out of the world performance in the free and I remember them kindof subdued

5. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I voted for Shen and Zhao. I was deciding between them and Totmianina and Marinin but I went with Shen and Zhao because I felt like they didn't deserve their OGM. It was a difficult decision but I prefer Totmianina and Marinin's style and lines. However, I won't deny that Shen and Zhao were trailblazers who basically made the Chinese pairs program what it is.

6. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

This one was harder, but I voted out Totmianina and Marinin because of the boredom factor. I know they had more success than Savchenko and Szolkowy but Savchenko and Szolkowy are just too interesting to leave now.

7. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Savchenko & Szolkowy are the weakest pair left by a huge margin and should go this round. My vote goes to them.

8. casken

casken Well-Known Member

Shen and Zhao easily.

Technique > Emotion

9. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

Shrug. I voted for dull & duller. Their souless robotic perfection counts as a weakness IMO. Torino produced by far the four most zzzzzzzzzzzzz OGMs ever. :blah:

10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

This. And I always found their emotion choreographed and fake anyway. :shuffle: I could tell exactly how she was going to react to the final throw, cause it was the same in every program.

11. shady82

shady82 Active Member

S/S. Although they made the top 4 because the level of their skating is comparable to that of the other teams here, they almost never skate two clean programs together and have fairly large consistency problems.