Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's Final Three

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vagabond, Jul 16, 2012.

?

Who is the weakest link?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2012.
  1. Alexei Yagudin

51 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Stéphane Lambiel

154 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. Daisuke Takahashi

143 vote(s)
    41.1%
  1. falling_dance

falling_dance Well-Known Member

There is only one true God.
  2. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

Michal Brezina. Out of these three, I'd say Yagudin is the best and least weak.
  3. falling_dance

I'm surprised you could turn away from rapt contemplation of Brezina's sublimity to settle the precedence among these mere mortals.
  4. flipforsynchro

:lol: although Stephane is the most attractive of the three, Yagudin had way better jump consistency and convincingly won his OGM.
  5. SmallFairy

SmallFairy Well-Known Member

Love them all to death!
  6. luCN

luCN New Member

well,I think we needn't vote now ,just announce Yagudin is the best is enough.

compare Lambiel and Takahashi won't effect the result...and I don't think they have too many different.

after all, I'm really glad the top three are this list,much better than I thought... :)
  7. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Takahashi cant beat him in the judges eyes, that doesnt mean we are all in agreement with the judges and accept their determination to who is better. The term Chanflation is a commonly accepted one by many skating fans after all, and the fans booing of the 2012 Worlds results says alot as well. Anyway I would say peak Takahashi was 2008 Four Continents and despite a dissapointing Worlds would have continued without his injury. Takahashi at the 2010 Worlds was arguably better than today too.
  8. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

I voted Daisuki
  9. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Can Mr "Skating While European" (Lambiel) go already? I've been voting for him for like four or five rounds now. :yawn:
  10. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Lambiel is still on the list :cold:
    Poor Plushy, I will not forget the Blasphemy here to the God :mad:
  11. flipforsynchro

Plushy is not God. :blah:
    But yes I agree he should still be here
  12. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

:violin:

The tribe has already spoken. Chan and Plushenko have left the Council Area. Deal with it.
  13. Cheylana

Now now, would you say that if Stojko had made it to top three? ;)
  14. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Lambiel. His utter lack of a 3A in his later years is really a strike against him, for me.
  15. Vagabond

:eek: Now I have to go find some brain bleach! :scream:
  16. flipforsynchro

I am dealing with it. I was just stating my opinion. Btw is there any possible way I could vote for Michal Brezina to win?
  17. Vagabond

Too late. We used Jeffrey Buttle as a stand-in, but he's been voted out already. :p
  18. falling_dance

You should wait for the final round, then write in your vote for Brezina and post it a few hundred times.
  19. ks1227

ks1227 Active Member

I love Takahashi but :rolleyes: :blah: to this irrelevant post. Any chance you can take to bash Chan, eh? :rolleyes: :blah:
  20. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

I think Yags is the superior jumper of the three remaining in this Survivor-style elimination. However Lamby and Dai are artistically superior to Yags. I think Yags is overrated artistically -- he was getting their with TAT's help, but looking back at 2002, although Yag's' programs were dynamic and full of fierce desire, the strength and dynamism is mainly in Yag's jumps and technical precision. Yag's artistry does not stack up IMO to either Lambiel's or Takahashi's.
  21. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

His strengths were never his jumps though. Unlike Plushenko, whom everyone thinks is some kind of jumping god, but didn't even do a 3flip since 2006 Euros.
  22. reut

reut Active Member

Stéphane and Daisuke have lots of similarities as skaters, both in their strong and weak points. One big difference for me it that Daisuke is an exceptional performer, while Stéphane is both performer AND creator. He is not only touching audience with his skating, he is not only able to make them feel what he feels, he is present and takes an active part in every single thing in his programs, including costume, music choice, music cut and of course choreography. Everything has a meaning in his program, every single movement, every single detail of his costume. This is what amazes me the most. This is what makes his programs more than just skating routines, but masterpieces of skating art. Of his art.

I should admit it was rather entertaining to follow discussions in these threads. :)
  23. senorita

senorita New Member

Since 2006 he has competed in 4 ISU competitions.

Rostelecom Cup 2009

But I bet he doesnt do it because he would get "!". Or he has gotten one already in RN, I remember sth like it.
  24. theshrew

theshrew New Member

Unlike Lambiel, whom everyone thinks is a some kind of spinning god, Plushenko has an excellent camel spin.
    Does this mean that Lambiel wasn't a great spinner? :p
  25. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: and how many actual programmes that does equate to him not having done the 3F four or five? Now go back and count the programmes he's done with the 3F? Is it even 1%? You can even give him bonus points when he included it as the second triple jump in combo/sequence like after a 3A :p

Lord knows I'm not Plush lover (well maybe a tiny bit after Euros 2012) but seriously criticisng him for not including a 3F the last couple of times he competed is not really up there as particularly valid. Kwan gets a pass for not including the loop towards the end of her career, and she left it out much more than plush has left out the flip.
  26. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Could you explain? Do you simply hate all europeans, or does this mean something else?

Thank you, reut. You wrote it so wonderfully, as I probably never could.
  27. flipforsynchro

Thanks for the advice
  28. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

What I meant was, even Plushenko, everyone's jumping god, leaves off a jump once in a while, so why pick on Lambiel (and Kwan), who was never renounced for his jumps anyway?

Kwan actually only left off the loop at international championships once, in 2005 Worlds.
  29. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

Holy cow! Where's Plushenko? I am SHOCKED.. or maybe not. Can't take skating forum polls seriously. :rolleyes:
  30. naan

naan New Member

I don't like Plushy, but he should stay on the list. I think final 3 should be Yags, Plushy, Chan or Lambiel! (Can't decide cuz I love them both!)
  31. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

The plushy fans complaing have only themselves to blame.. He was offed by only 9-10 votes but instead of chosing one of Takahashi or Lambiel as sacrifice, they split the votes and now he's gone.
  32. yaya124

yaya124 New Member

Yagudin is the skating GOD. No need to argue who (lambiel or Dai) should be stay in this round. They are simply the decoration here.
  33. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

:)
  34. flipforsynchro

Excuse me. MICHAL BREZINA IS THE SKATING GOD.
  35. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Haha, you appear to be a bit obsessed with Michal Brezina. Just an observation. :)
  36. flipforsynchro

How could anyone not be obsessed with him?!
  37. Cheylana

Nope, I don't hate anybody, but it is my opinion that if Lambiel had skated for US or Canada, he would not still be here. He would have been assailed for not having the 3A (yes, i know he landed it occasionally) and quickly dispatched. I also don't think Joubert would have lasted as long as he did if he skated for US or Canada. Same for Kulik, who had he been North American, would have been dismissed as a one-hit wonder along the lines of Sarah Hughes. And conversely, if Chan were skating for a EU country, he probably would still be here.

I can't prove it, but it's my theory. :slinkaway
  38. theshrew

theshrew New Member

Though I agree with what you said ref. Lambiel, Joubert, Kulik, Chan, how do you explain that Kwan (North American) is going to win or that Plushenko (European) was voted out?
  39. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Plushenko was voted out after all the North Americans were, though. Kwan's victory is obviously another kettle of fish.
  40. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

Interesting theory..do you think Lysacek, Weir or Eldredge would be more universally loved if they were French, German and Italian?:cool: