Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Men's Final Three

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Vagabond, Jul 16, 2012.

Who is the weakest link?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2012.
  1. Alexei Yagudin

51 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Stéphane Lambiel

154 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. Daisuke Takahashi

143 vote(s)
    41.1%
  1. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

Meh the choice is easy. Yagudin has to win this contest otherwise it is a crock of shit. I love Lambiel and Takahashi but they should never have been top 3. It is quite the joke.

EDIT:

Actually meh mens skating as a whole is actually rather weak when you think about it. Long gone are we from the days of super skaters like Orser and Boitano or even Olympics headcaser Browning.

2. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

Yagudin. Sorry.

3. Nan

Nan Just me

Perhaps because not everyone hates him quite as much as you seem to. ;)

4. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Yags is clearly winning. So I'm voting for Takahashi. I just don't think he has quite the range that Lambiel has. He's pretty much his flamboyant self in all his programs, more one dimensional.

5. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Voted for Yags just because I want my dream final of Lambiel vs Takahashi :eville:

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

So, is anyone basing his or her vote on technical ability?

<crickets>

Apropos of nothing, I love this move and the skater's reaction to pulling it off. :swoon:

7. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I loved Lambiel when he was competing but now I watch his programs, plus Yagudin's and Takahashi's and I'm really underwhelmed by Lambiel. I wonder why that is. Btw, I watched Takahashi's 2008 Cyber Swan SP at 4CC last night - I forgot how good that one was! It's making me consider voting Yagudin out in the next round, if it's both him and Takahashi.

8. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

I comes down to the best of 6.0 vs the best of COP. Although strangely, the very best of COP, Patrick Chan, is missing (while Takahashi, who at the very height of his career, can't beat Chan, is still here).:shuffle: I'm thinking if Chan wins in Sochi, somehow Takahashi would still beat him in this poll.

Guess that means I'll have to vote Takahashi, though Lambiel's 3A bothers me too. I had wished the final 3 were Yagudin, Plush, and Chan, not necessarily my favorite skaters, but the greatest champs.

9. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

It's normal. People change, their tastes and perceptions change. Funny how for me it's the exact opposite. I liked Lambiel before 2008, but didn't love him like I started to love him after I first saw 'Poeta' (I didn't see it at 2007 Worlds for some reason, and at the time I still was not watching any other competitions except Worlds, Euros and Olympics). Then, as some years went by, and I saw new and new interesting programs from Lambiel, I practically wrote his pre-2007 programs off as artistically inferior, and not very interesting for me. Only recently I decided to rewatch those older programs/performances, and truly appreciated them for the first time.

10. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

All of their artistry is terrible.

11. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

There is only one true God.

12. flipforsynchro

Michal Brezina. Out of these three, I'd say Yagudin is the best and least weak.

13. falling_dance

I'm surprised you could turn away from rapt contemplation of Brezina's sublimity to settle the precedence among these mere mortals.

14. flipforsynchro

:lol: although Stephane is the most attractive of the three, Yagudin had way better jump consistency and convincingly won his OGM.

15. SmallFairy

SmallFairy Well-Known Member

Love them all to death!

16. luCN

luCN New Member

well,I think we needn't vote now ,just announce Yagudin is the best is enough.

compare Lambiel and Takahashi won't effect the result...and I don't think they have too many different.

after all, I'm really glad the top three are this list,much better than I thought... :)

17. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Takahashi cant beat him in the judges eyes, that doesnt mean we are all in agreement with the judges and accept their determination to who is better. The term Chanflation is a commonly accepted one by many skating fans after all, and the fans booing of the 2012 Worlds results says alot as well. Anyway I would say peak Takahashi was 2008 Four Continents and despite a dissapointing Worlds would have continued without his injury. Takahashi at the 2010 Worlds was arguably better than today too.

18. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

I voted Daisuki

19. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Can Mr "Skating While European" (Lambiel) go already? I've been voting for him for like four or five rounds now. :yawn:

20. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

Lambiel is still on the list :cold:
    Poor Plushy, I will not forget the Blasphemy here to the God :mad:

21. flipforsynchro

Plushy is not God. :blah:
    But yes I agree he should still be here

22. Vagabond

:violin:

The tribe has already spoken. Chan and Plushenko have left the Council Area. Deal with it.

23. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Now now, would you say that if Stojko had made it to top three? ;)

24. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Lambiel. His utter lack of a 3A in his later years is really a strike against him, for me.

25. Vagabond

:eek: Now I have to go find some brain bleach! :scream:

26. flipforsynchro

I am dealing with it. I was just stating my opinion. Btw is there any possible way I could vote for Michal Brezina to win?

27. Vagabond

Too late. We used Jeffrey Buttle as a stand-in, but he's been voted out already. :p

28. falling_dance

You should wait for the final round, then write in your vote for Brezina and post it a few hundred times.

29. ks1227

ks1227 Well-Known Member

I love Takahashi but :rolleyes: :blah: to this irrelevant post. Any chance you can take to bash Chan, eh? :rolleyes: :blah:

30. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

I think Yags is the superior jumper of the three remaining in this Survivor-style elimination. However Lamby and Dai are artistically superior to Yags. I think Yags is overrated artistically -- he was getting their with TAT's help, but looking back at 2002, although Yag's' programs were dynamic and full of fierce desire, the strength and dynamism is mainly in Yag's jumps and technical precision. Yag's artistry does not stack up IMO to either Lambiel's or Takahashi's.