Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ladies ROUND 7

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by SamuraiK, Jun 26, 2012.

Who is the weakest link among these past champions

Poll closed Jul 1, 2012.
  1. Lu Chen

79 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. Michelle Kwan

18 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Irina Slutskaya

25 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Shizuka Arakawa

116 vote(s)
    40.6%
  5. Mao Asada

35 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Yuna Kim

13 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Go back and read the thread.

She isn't being criticized for what she did privately. She's being criticized for what she did in public, including, in some instances, inside the arena itself.

2. os168

os168 Active Member

I guess we have a different definition. I consider off the ice and KnC would be her private time. These days with cameras everywhere, people on mobile/twitter, there doesn't appear to be any privacy anymore, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist in theory. In anycase, I still don't think it is anything unsports man like. She is just being angry to herself. I seem to recall she and Michelle remained good friends. Maybe they relate to each other with the ups and downs they went through.

3. t.mann

t.mann New Member

Really? I just got a chill. lol

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Unsportsmanlike wherever there are other athletes, coaches, officials, or the like is not, and should not be considered private, regardless of whether the general public is also privy to the event. In Slutskaya's case, some of the instances were reportedly in full-view of the audience or in media interviews, so your point about "private time" is moot in any event.

5. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

And left it out completely in Vancouver. If he had subbed his 2a with a 3f instead, it may have helped him edge Lysacek...

6. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Plushenko skated stupid as heck in Vancouver. I wish he had lost before the Olympics, I think he needed a wake up call. I wasnt rooting for either Plushenko or Lysacek to win in Vancouver, but Plushenko would have been the lesser of the two evils.

7. Mafke

Mafke New Member

Or he might have stumbled. Either way the result might have been less ... contentious.

8. judgejudy27

They should have just given three silver medals or three bronze medals anyway. Nobody deserved the gold. Takahashi was the only great skater that night, but had glaring mistakes, but was still way underscored compared to Plushenko and Lysacek. Takahashi cant beat subpar Plushenko or quadless boring Evan with one fall, and in fact loses by over 10 points, but good Takahashi cant beat Chan with 3 or 4 falls. No wonder almost nobody over here watches figure skating anymore. :yikes:

mazzy and (deleted member) like this.
  9. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

so... we've gone from Lepisto attempting a flutz, to the history of flips at the Olys, to Evan's quadless victory... is there any more proof needed that 5 days is still too long for the next round in these polls? :lol:

10. judgejudy27

The polls go on way too long. It was evident 4 days ago Shizuka was gone, Chen would survive.

11. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Yeah, make the polls only 3 days long.

12. smarts1

smarts1 Well-Known Member

If Plushy just did a three jump combo in Vancouver, he would have won gold. His cockiness combined with his watered downed content (even in the footwork sequences and his spins) really hurt him in Vancouver.

13. pollyanna

pollyanna playing the Glad Game

It is a fact that Terry said that, but not a fact that she declined an interview, because she gave one to Lesley Visser a few minutes later. She may have declined to give one at the moment they first asked her, maybe because she was busy doing other things, but when she was ready, she gave the requested interview.

14. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

Right. The interview happened, so the "delayed" would be the appropriate word. Not declined.

15. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

But isn't it pretty standard for the team to be interviewed together? I seem to recall that set up after other Nationals.

So unless Terry Gannon is a liar / mistaken, she declined to be on camera with Tara and Nicole while Leslie interviewed them. I got the impression that was what she declined.

It looks like her interview with Leslie was subsequent to the interview with Tara and Nicole. In that interview, Michelle still seems to be very emotional, so I think that group interview was declined because she didn't feel physically able to keep it together?