Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: Ice Dance ROUND 5

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by SamuraiK, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Who is the weakest link among these past champions

Poll closed Jul 10, 2012.
  1. Grishuk & Platov

3 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Krylova & Ovsiannikov

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. Anissina & Peizerat

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  4. Navka & Kostomarov

52 vote(s)
    19.9%
  5. Denkova & Staviski

25 vote(s)
    9.6%
  6. Delobel & Schoenfelder

100 vote(s)
    38.3%
  7. Virtue & Moir

25 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Davis & White

49 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

Please forgive my nonprofessional naivety but for me is hard to believe that @ 2006 WC, skaters from small figure skating federation were preferred over home favorites and the victory undeservedly was given to them on golden plate .:) Besides all top 6-7 teams were great competitors.

2. shady82

shady82 Active Member

I agree with you there. I'm sure K/O could produce something to top MLK. Even then, the Russian teams really seemed to get a score boost. If L/A could have a 5-4 split with A/P when a 5-4 split between L/A and D/V seems more appropriate, I'm sure K/O won't find it difficult to win gold in 2002.

3. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

2006 Olympics

Denkova & Staviski made a mistake in the OD. Italians made a huge mistake in the OD. Canadians had a big fall. Opened up plenty of room for the Ukranians and Belbin & Agosto. The French had a great FD but it wasn't enough. PCs did the rest. And thus you got the same teams that medalled at 2005 worlds. And for some reason the judges were quite prepared to reward the Ukrainians.

4. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I really disliked Grushina and Goncharov's FD. It made me want to vomit. Anyway, I think that Davis and White should go, then DenStav/Navka and Kostomarov.

5. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Delobel and Schoenfelder have greatly over stayed their welcome, imo.

6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

ITA. They were so versatile-- one of those teams that could dance to pretty much any style of music.

I love and admire Olivier's skating, but I often don't think Isabelle got enough credit from fans and commentators. As amazing as Olivier's blades were, Isabelle kept up with him and complemented him perfectly. She may not have had the skinny, long-limbed look of other ice dance divas, but she was one of the best as far as skating skills, expression, and dance ability. She's similar to Jayne Torvill in that regard, imo.

Golden Waltz CD
    She certainly was capable of incredible elegance and lines.

7. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

No and no. The only thing that Denkova/Staviski had that was better quality than Navka/Kostomarov when they were competing against each other was Albena's wedgie. :p

And Navka/Kostomarov never did anything as truly dreadful as "Bach to Africa". :scream:

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.