Figure Skating Champions SURVIVOR: ICE DANCE ROUND 2

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by SamuraiK, Jun 19, 2012.

Who is the weakest link among these past champions

Poll closed Jun 24, 2012.
  1. Grishuk & Platov

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  2. Krylova & Ovsiannikov

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  3. Anissina & Peizerat

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  4. Lobacheva & Averbukh

44 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. Bourne & Kraatz

51 vote(s)
    25.6%
  6. Navka & Kostomarov

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Denkova & Staviski

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. Delobel & Schoenfelder

8 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. Domnina & Shabalin

59 vote(s)
    29.6%
  10. Virtue & Moir

12 vote(s)
    6.0%
  11. Davis & White

10 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

So our first dancers were kicked out and not surprisinly they were...

12TH PLACE: BARBARA FUSAR-POLI and MAURIZIO MARGAGLIO (48.77% of votes)

Hardly a memmorable team but at least they gave us this: :D http://jumpingclappingman.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/fusar-poli.jpg

The remaining contenders are:

01. Oksana Grishuk & Evgeny Platov - RUS - 1994,1995,1996 & 1997 Worlds and 1994 & 1998 Olympic Champions.
    02. Angelica Krylova & Oleg Ovsiannikov - RUS - 1998 and 1999 World Champions.
    03. Marina Anissina & Gwendal Peizerat - FRA - 2000 World and 2002 Olympic Champions.
    04. Irina Lobacheva & Ilia Averbukh - RUS - 2002 World Champions.
    05. Shae-Lynn Bourne & Viktor Kraatz - CAN - 2003 World Champions.
    06. Tatiana Navka & Roman Kostomarov - RUS - 2004 & 2005 World and 2006 Olympic Champions.
    07. Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviski - BUL - 2006 and 2007 World Champions.
    08. Isabelle Delobel & Olivier Schoenfelder - FRA - 2008 World Champions.
    09. Oksana Domnina & Maxim Shabalin - RUS - 2009 World Champions.
    10. Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - CAN - 2010 & 2012 World and 2010 Olympic Champions.
    11. Meryl Davis & Charlie White - USA - 2011 World Champions.

By popular demand, I'm shortening the voting period to Five Days. Didn't know off season could put people in such an impatient mood.:p

Vote and enjoy!;)

2. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Bourne and Kraatz this time for me.

Not a bad team, but bland and staled for so many years. They basically waited until every single rival had retired or got their dues to finally get a "retiring gift" World title.

3. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I think that FP&M were most definitely a memorable and voidy team! :kickass:

I also voted for Bourne & Kraatz. Now that we see North American ice dancers who are, you know, good, it really underscores how overrated they were. :saint:

4. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I dont think they are the weakest team left but since their crazy fanbase scares me I voted for Bourne & Kraatz. Definitely dont deserve to survive to near the end, and with their crazy fanbase they might well do that if given the opportunity. I also agree with how they won their World title, although they did deserve it that year, L/A's free dance was garbage and didnt even deserve a medal that year, and the rest werent ready.

5. gingercrush

gingercrush New Member

I am not voting off Bourne & Kraatz this time for I really liked their Riverdance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzuksE2qNA

I am voting off Navka & Kostomorov not that I dislike them but I know they'll survive this time and I have no desire to vote off Bourne & Kraatz. Not a favourite of mine but wheeeee go Riverdance.

6. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Domshabs have to go. They were talented, but his injury really held them back.
    They really didn't deserve 2009 Worlds.

7. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Lobacheva/Averbukh. Like being beaten to death by mannequins.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

Domnins has to go.. I don't care if he was injured; they should not have been PCS'd into an Olympic medal and works title with crap!! B/K had so much potential but seemed to stall and not take it to the next level, despite all their world medals.. I blame Dubova for that..

9. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

I voted for the Dom/Shabs...never liked their skating and IMHO they were held up big time at both 09 Worlds and the OLY..

Not a big fan of L/A, but they will be voted off soon enough, I hope..

10. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Lobacheva & Averbukh

11. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I voted for B&K too. I was never impressed by their skating, although in their first appearance in 92 I thought they had a lot of potential. Their constant whining after losing really got to me.

12. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

C'mon? How can someone vote for Domnina & Shabalin at this stage? I know that it has a lot to do with personal preferences and perceptions but I think D&S did skate some terrific performances throughout their career..
    OG06 FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A71XyFV2Rr4
    Worlds 07 FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AawKFUNmRM
    OG 10 CD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K18BvgliiIk&feature=related
    Euros 08 FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGazx_iR3u0&feature=related
    Worlds 09 CD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRQe2HCiZHQ&feature=related
    Euros 08 Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEEXI3QBI9o&feature=related (even the french commentators surrendered to their talent).

+ their OD tango from 07.

I also think that they got a lot of negative publicity during 2010 because of the aboriginal dance that afterall, in my opinion, wasn't offensive at all...

It's also beyond me how can someone vote for Virtue&Moir at the moment considering that L&A and B&K are still there.

13. Vash01

If not for Shabalin's injury, DomShabs would have become a really great ice dance team. Their CD at the 2010 Olympics is one of my favorite performances (I did like CDs a lot!). Unfortunately for OD and FD they needed a lot more difficult moves, which they could not do because of the physical limitations. At some point I will vote to take them out, but this is way too early.

14. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I agree way way too early for them.
    I voted B/K.L/A will be next:p

15. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get out Bourne and Kraatz now. No idea who I'll vote for next since I actually liked Lobacheva and Averbukh's weird 2002 FD.

16. Proustable

Proustable New Member

re: DomShabs

We should be lamenting that they never reached the peak their talent suggests, due to his injury. We should marvel at the fact that she was able to skate so well at the 2007 Worlds despite dealing with the recent tragedy of her father's death. We should be marveling at the precision of their tango OD (ignore wonky sound), his astonishing masculinity, her ability to hit constantly beautiful positions. Instead, thanks to Linichuk's choreographic abominations, they get raked over the coals. Admittedly, that they had their biggest success with Linichuk's programs means they seem like incongruous champions (at best) but still. Oh well, it's not like they should make it much further anyway.

17. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I agree. Maybe it was that horrible Aboriginal OD that people are remembering. Because otherwise they were are really good team who never got to fulfill their true potential. I still love their Waltz Maquerade FD and their Russian OD.

18. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I voted for Domnina and Shabalin because..

- Their 2010 OD was atrocious.
    - They didn't deserve the world title in 2009, should have got silver, and should have also came 4th instead of getting the bronze at the 2010 Olympics. Unfortunately, they 'took' both of those medals away from B&A. I know it's not their fault, but still.. *sigh*.

19. Mafke

Mafke New Member

Toss up between D/S (Russian) and L/A for me.

D/S - some real talent (and they seemed really likeable) but injuries and their 2010 FD should never have been allowed. Beyond the offense it seemed like a breach of rules (not the only one that year, but still...). In what ways is a caveman pantomime .... folk dance?
    The answer is.... IT ISN'T!!!!!!

I just could never get behind L/A and if I ever take over the world Lobacheva is gonna do times for crimes against hair.

20. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

Bourne-Kraatz for me. It was great to see another NA ice dance team that was somewhat in the mix, but their constant whining about their placements was just such a turn off. And there was too much hydroblading.

21. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

DelSchoes for me. I liked their voidy programs, but they really don't have all that much of a track record.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think Domnina-Shabalin was strong skaters and not worst in this list :(

23. Wardjenny180

Wardjenny180 New Member

Agree, but I'm voting on how they skated when they won Worlds, you have to agree they weren't strong when they won. But still maybe not the worst on the list.

24. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Who is the weakest link among these past champions
    For me this mean skating quality. But maybe i am wrong.

25. zotza

zotza allergic to brainless skaters

I voted L/A.B/K will be next but I guess the only time I really liked them was when they won Worlds.So they're safe for now.

26. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

with some of the skaters on the list I don't understand why D/W or V/M have a single vote against them, IMHO

27. pani

pani Well-Known Member

V-M will be out after B-K even if they have one of the best skating skills in this list :D But its OK - we all have our own favorites :p

28. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

I didn't vote for them, but really, the only program I thought they were good is their Tango Romantica CD at 2010 Olympics.

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Did you all remember, how Krylova & Ovsiannikov won gold at WCh? But nobody vote against them. There victory wasnt clean, but they were skaters better, then Anisina-Peizerat. The same with Domnina-Shabalin.

30. Vash01

I am not sure what you mean. They had a FD that did not appeal to everyone, but it was difficult and well skated.