Figure Skating Baby News!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, May 25, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

@MWskatecast tweeted today:
    Photo link: http://twitter.com/MWskatecast/status/206101555915657216/photo/1

Also, Angela Nikodinov and Ivan Dinev welcomed their first child, a girl, earlier this month. :cool:
  2. fluorescein

fluorescein New Member

Tiffany Scott had a baby boy in March!
  3. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

^ more great news! Bring it on! :encore:
  4. Sylvia

Thanks for letting us know!

This morning Todd Eldredge tweeted this photo: https://twitter.com/toddeldredge/status/206317591432671232/photo/1
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
  5. paskatefan

Wonderful! Congrats to Todd & his fiancee, Sabrina!
  6. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

That one of Lucinda's babies is gorgeous. Todd's boy looks just like him.
  7. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

Baby times two! Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!
  8. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

9. Sylvia

Yes, Eldredge confirmed on Twitter that his son is named after the Brazilian F1 racing driver, Ayrton Senna:
    "amazing driver & proud to name my son after such an amazing man. Maybe he'll grow up to race one day."
  10. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I was wondering about the middle name. Very Buddhist...
  11. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all the new parents!
  12. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Liking that Todd Eldredge even more now. Ayrton Senna is my favourite sports star EVER!!

Congratulations to all the new parents.
  13. misskarne

I suspected as much. There have been a few more Ayrtons getting around lately with the release of "Senna" and his nephew, Bruno, doing quite well in F1.
  14. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

Congratulations to all the new families!

How do you pronounce Ayrton?
  15. QB

QB New Member

16. misskarne

Luckily (or unluckily) in almost every interview Bruno does someone asks him about his uncle. The way Bruno says it is "Eye-ton" with a very short "o" sound. Since is a) Brazilian and b) related I'll go with how he says it! :lol: Most Westerners pronounce it Air-tn, I've found. Murray Walker of the BBC once switched to saying it properly and got heaps of angry letters from fans telling him to stop pronouncing Senna's name like a pompous idiot! :rofl:

(I've also heard it said Eye-air-ton, which seems to be some kind of bastardised inbetween version used by US commentators.)
  17. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

He owns a Ferrari.
  18. paskatefan

^ He used to. I don't think he has it anymore (someone asked him about it on his Facebook wall), but he does have a Corvette (and loves auto racing as a sport), in addition to golf.
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  19. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Congrats to Todd, his fiancee and his family! Such a very handsome little boy! Love his inspired name. First I've learned about Ayrton Senna (as I am not that in to racing car scene), but wow -- Todd has named his son after a very cool, brave man! Senna is a national hero in Brazil and an international hero in the world of F1 racing. Haven't seen the documentary on Senna's life and career but it must be a wonderful tribute.

So it seems that Todd isn't interested in his son growing up to be a figure skater as he surely understands first hand what an unforgiving and difficult pursuit that can be. Race car driving of course has its own set of dangers and challenges, but at least judges aren't always involved in deciding whether you crossed the finish line first.

I think golf might be a safer pursuit, but all good luck to Ayrton Zen Eldredge in whatever he does. Enjoy every moment with your son, Todd!
  20. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Senna was my favourite sports star too. I cried for day's when he died.
  21. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Me too. I still cry whenever I read a particulary moving article or something about him.... watching the documentary was bitter sweet for me. It was great to see it, but sad to know the outcome.

I read recently that more people visit his grave every year than the graves of Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and JFK put together. That's amazing.
  22. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

That isn't really a sensible baby friendly vehicle :lol:

And there won't be any time for golf now.
  23. misskarne

I went and saw it three times in the cinemas and have just about worn out the DVD, and every time without fail I start bawling when they show Roland Ratzenberger. From then on it's just a sob-fest til the end. :(

On my second viewing, there was a lady in there who watches documentaries just for fun. We were the only two people in the cinema. At the end she came up to me and asked if I had known how it was going to end. I told her of course. She didn't know! She didn't know anything about motorsport and didn't realise that Ayrton had died.
  24. paskatefan

True, but between Todd & Sabrina, I don't doubt that they have a family friendly vehicle. :) :D
  25. Sylvia

Lucinda Ruh is not alone -- Larisa Spielberg and Craig Joeright (2000 U.S. Pairs bronze medalists) also welcomed twin girls earlier this year.

Re-posting the happy baby news of Silvia Fontana/John Zimmerman (Sofia was born on April 3, 2012):
  26. LongTimeLurker

LongTimeLurker New Member

Has Rena Inoue had her baby yet? I couldn't find any news....
  27. Sylvia

I don't believe there was a public announcement, but reportedly Rena Inoue and John Baldwin became proud parents of a baby girl in early November of 2011.

Also born in November 2011 was a son, Zayin Nicholas Jahnke, to Ryan Jahnke and his wife Tashiana (their first child).

ETA:
    Todd Eldredge tweeted this new photo on 5/29 ("My baby boy Ayrton's first racing suit! ‪#Ferrari‬ driver in the making!!!"): http://twitter.com/toddeldredge/status/207487696363458562/photo/1/large
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  28. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the thread Sylvia.Congrats to all figure skating parents.Baby Ayrton is the cutest Formula 1 baby :)
  29. misskarne

30. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I have to say that the image of them taking Senna from the car still makes me cry. It also still shocks me too.
  31. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

I was wondering where Todd and Sabrina came up with the name Ayrton, makes sense now!

Shae-Lynn Bourne is also due to have a baby in June!
  32. beepbeep

beepbeep Resident Rude Brazilian

The y is the stress letter.

The pronounciation should be
    Ah - eer - ton

His death hit very hard here, and every anniversary of it still causes great commotion.
    His sister now runs an organization that funds educational projects for unprivileged children, the major cause he supported.
  33. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I think he trusted her more than any other person. She also looked to be the most broken over his death. I felt so sorry for her.
  34. tut88

tut88 New Member

This are not news actually, just to recap.

If you remember the German skaters Norman Jeschke and Tanja Szewczenko, they had a baby Girl Jona in 2011 I think.

Radka Kovarikova and René NOvotny had a babay girl too, Klara

And Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavinski too had a boy Daniel .
  35. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

long live jeschke!!! :D

such a lost talent in german pair skating, could be so much more succesful with the right partner.

but always nice to think back on those days with him and all the dramas about szewczenko. awesome!
    she will be one of my all time favorites!
  36. tut88

tut88 New Member

:D:D:D
    I liked him skating with mikkeline kielkegard ( I am sure it's not spelled in this way )
    Hot guy !! :cool:
  37. Jeschke

yes, i think tis pair could have had a bright future, but ended just too soon
  38. Jeschke

clip from jeschkes homepage

http://www.norman-jeschke.com/tanjaszewczenkoundnormanjeschkeshowreel2009_1.html

this is a mix video; parts of them are from a german tv soap wehre szewczenko play the female leading role (a figure skater). jeschke has a guest appearance (as we see on show on ice)

the other clips are from training sessions in dortmund 2009 as they trained for their competitive comeback in pairs skating. they were in the entries of the 2009 coupe of nice, but sadly not appeared.
    szewczenko wanted to start at vancouver, but after the coupe of nice, nothing more was heard of her plans to compete again.

sad, would have been so excited, in my opinion they training clips look really fine, th3sal, nice lifts. would have been great to see them back
  39. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

iirc, Kovarikova and Novotny split up and divorced couple of years ago. Baby Klara is Radka's - with her new husband whom she married after the split.
  40. tut88

tut88 New Member

:dog: sorry !!!!!!!!!! :yikes::slinkaway:kickass::2faced::blah: