Field of play error and computer errors

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by thorag, Nov 15, 2012.

1. thorag

thorag Member

Hello everyone

I hope someone can help me with a question. A skater in Basic Novice B performs 6 jumps within a program with a 1A being the last one. Now, Basic Novice B should only have 5 jumps including the mandatory axel. How should the computer deal with the extra jump?

What happened was is that the jump preceding the 1A is a 2T and by finishing that the skater has now completed required 5 jumps he should have however none is an axel. the skater then does an axel and gets graded for one extra jump. Now there is and asterix mark behind the 2T indicating that there is an error but the skater gets a grade for that jump regardless.

Can anyone help clarify? And where can one find the rules of procedure in such a matter?

thank you

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

This is from the current USAid Technical Panel Handbook published on the USFS site - I can't find anything similar on the ISU site at the moment.

"Rule Vetting Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice Singles - Free Skating"
    http://www.usfsa.org/content/USAid Singles 2012-13.pdf

Level: Juvenile Intermediate Novice
    Element: Axel-type jump
    Issue: No Axel-type jump executed in allowed number of jump elements
    Requirement: Must execute at least 1 Axel-type jump
    Call: All jumps in last allowed jump element are asterisked (*)

3. thorag

thorag Member

Thank you for your help. However I need a little help with your reply. Does that mean that the 2T should have been asterixed and given no value or the 1A that exceeds the allowed number of jumps? And since this is a ISU category shouldnt this already be in the computer system?