Fertilizer Plant Explosion in Waco, West Texas

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I feel bad for the people of West, Tx. Normally this would have received a lot of coverage in our news media. Due to the events in Boston, it's not getting much coverage, and possibly not getting a lot of help, other than the locals.

3. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Actually I saw a news piece on CNN about the damage, the victims, and they are getting a lot of aid. But you are right about the news coverage not being nearly what I would have.

4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I hope that those missing have indeed been accounted for; and that the death toll doesn't rise, as they are able to investigate the areas nearest the source of the fire/explosion.

5. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I call bullsh*t on DHS not knowing the plant existed. This is exactly why Dept of Homeland Security is a completely worthless entity. Why didn't they know? That company didn't sneak all that ammonium nitrate into the plant in the dead of night or buy it under the table. DHS should have known & should have been monitoring it. I do blame the company the most though - they should have trained the local fire dept on the proper procedures during a fire. That fire probably needed chemicals, not water.

Some sources are trying to blame the FBI for not stopping the Boston bombings but IMO that is what DHS should have done. When people in the US have ties to extremist terrorist groups the DHS should be watching them & stopping them. And BTW, I don't really give a sh*t about the "civil rights" of terrorists. If it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck, there's a really good chance it is a duck.

6. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

7. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

9. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member