Feedback and Post Upgrade

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Server Guy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

It has been like that for as long as I can remember - a couple of years, maybe? At least on my computer.

2. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but since the board upgrade, is it no longer possible to display search results as individual posts (rather than as threads)?

Thanks.

3. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Chiming in....the board time seems to be running about 17 minutes behind the actual time. Nothing major, but it would be nice if it could be fixed. I also just noticed that posts no longer have exact times - just "1 hour ago", "5 days ago", etc. Is this a new thing or just a temporary glitch? It's nice to be able to see the exact times, if that's possible.

4. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Server Clock should be fixed shortly.

You can search for individual posts by using 'Advanced Search'

I'll find out :)

5. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

I had that problem, but figured out how to do it. When I go to "Advanced Search" there are two tabs. The default seems to be "Search Multiple Content Types," but there is also a tab labelled "Search Single Content Types." If you use the latter, you can set it to show individual posts.

6. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

This afternoon it has just taken about 4 minutes for the board to load up and to get through to put this post in - is it just my system or is there a problem with board slowness?

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

If votes are being taken, I vote we go back to the old way with each post having the date and time of the post rather than "5 days ago". Thank you. :)

8. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

Yes, please. :)

9. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Done :)

Also, a Christmassy banner has been added to the default style. It'll be added to the vB4 Style once I get Sharpie to make a small change to it.

10. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Wheeeeee! Love the Happy Holidays banner. Same to you, Server Guy and SHARPIE, and thanks for making FSU the premier destination for figure skating news on the web. You rock! :cheer2:

11. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

Even the Humbugians like the holiday banner! :D

12. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Another little addition, by yours truly. Don't like the Information Panel at the end of the forum listings?

[​IMG]

Well, now you can get rid of it. All you need to do is go to your UserCP -> General Settings. The setting you're looking for is called 'Information Panel' and you have two options - Enable or Disable.

Got a suggestion for me to improve your FSU browsing experience? Post about it in here and I'll see what I can do.

13. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I love the banner!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for all your efforts for this amazing forum:swoon: :respec:

14. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

Thanks! And I looove the banner! :kickass:

15. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Much thanks! :)

Sweet! :D

16. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Nice banner!

17. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

It's been a while since the change, but I have really grown to love the changes to the board.

18. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Glad you do, let me know if there's anything else I can improve round here :)

19. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Quibbling little detail: Is there anyway to set up Quick Navigation to start at whatever forum one is on when one clicks on it? I think it used to work that way. T’anks!!

20. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I've noticed the past week (and today) that it's been sort of slow with posting replies and giving rep. I'm wondering if others are experiencing this.

21. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

^ I don't think I have had such problem, Angie. I just gave out a whole bunch of reps and things weren't that slow. Maybe that was a temporary thing?

I grew accustomed to love the change, too. Thank you for all your efforts!

22. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

I just noticed this at the bottom of the board - was this included as part of the upgrade, or was it always there?

That's a lot of attempted spammers and I can't imagine the amount of work it must take to keep them all out.

:respec:

23. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I think it must have been temporary. I left for awhile, and now, everything seems to be much faster. Even going to different threads is faster now. :)

Just adding that I noticed, too, at the bottom how many attempted spammers there are each day. I just want to thank all the admins and mods for the hard work. I also like the new version of this board. Great job. :)

24. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Do you mean, when someone clicks on it, it'll automatically scroll down to the forum a user is currently browsing? Sorry, I didn't understand :p

If you still experience slow downs, contact me and I'll get to sorting that out.

I added it after the upgrade as well as make some adjustments to improve it's efficiency because FSU was being hit hard with spam. As far as I'm aware, things seem to be a lot better round these parts now :)

Let me know if you still experience this so I can attend to this before it escalates in to a larger issue. Glad you like the new version of the board. Remember, if you have any suggestions to improve the forum, I am more than willing to implement your suggestions as I have done in the past :)

25. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thanks, Server Guy. Everything still seems okay so far. The board isn't sluggish at the moment. :)

I also wanted to add that I totally love the new banner! Great job!

26. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Cool new banner!

27. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

That's correct. It would save a little time. Thanks for the great work! Luurrve the new banner!!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Love the new banner :cheer2:

29. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

I am using android phone with no chrome browser. I dunno what the tapatalk thinv is. I am not staying logged indespite having checked remember me-every time a new page loads I get logged out. No matter whether I use the mobile style or v3 or 4. The mobile style is horribly barren looking-do.not.like. plus the header at top doesn't say fsu so I am not so sure where I really am. The v3 full site is awful and slow loading. V4 looks hella better-if only I could stay on it beyond one page! I am a moile newbie so there may be some obscure phone setting I haven't yet found but in the meantime the above mentioned is what's keeping me away. Can someone send me email with helpful tips? I can access my email just fine.Thank you.

30. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Tapatalk and Forum Runner are apps; you can download them free from the Google Play Store. They format discussion boards for better reading.

I am not sure why you aren't staying logged in. The apps might help with that, too.