Feedback and Post Upgrade

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Server Guy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Apologies if you're working on this already, Server Guy, but there's still an issue with vBookie - the actual bet options for vBookie bet items are not showing up.

Example here:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?85544

All I see is my having $500 in vCash and that I may bet multiple times - but there are no options to bet on, even though, as the vBet creator, I have created two options (Romney and Obama) and they are readily editable when I go in to modify the vBet.

Any help or magic tinkering would be much appreciated so we can get vBookies up and running again now that the skating season has begun! :40beers:

2. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Something weird is going on with the anchors in the "go to last post". Sometimes it takes me to a post or two above the last post.

3. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I like that. If I haven't been in a thread in a while it reminds me of what we were discussing.

4. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I found the button for going to THE last post but where is the arrow/button for going to MY last post?

5. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I know I am probably the only one, but I miss the "last time you visited" info that used to be un the upper right hand corner.

6. Norlite

Norlite New Member

You might be the only one.

Cause the rest of us have it at the bottom of the page now. :p

7. purple skates

See what I get for never going to the bottom of the page? :lol:

Norlite and (deleted member) like this.
  8. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Unfortunately that was a modification that was only designed for the last version of V Bulletin Software, still havent found one for this version :(

9. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

I'm on a public com[puter at the library and I am getting a lot of "page cannot be displayed" and weird forum formatting. I THINK this system is Windows 7 but I sure wouldn't swear to it. I't not Windows XP, I know that for sure. Mybe it's Vista? Well, what it IS is some version of Windows that really really sucks, so, uh, take yr pick lol.

10. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Let me take a moment to apologise for the absence of vBookie post upgrade. This has now been resolved and you can all go back to gambling your vCash. I thank you for your patience during this time!

Most likely it's a problem with the way the library has set up the web browser. Nothing I can do unfortunately.

11. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Did you address this before, I am having trouble with my clock tonight, it seems to have me posting 5 minutes faster than real time?

Also, with regard to the complaint about posts being far apart, I think he means all of the white space (about an inch) at the bottom of each post, therefore it takes more time to scroll through than before, if this makes sense? It looks like there must be a minimum size. Don't know how you would fix this or explain it.

12. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

My posting clock has always been ahead of my real time - nothing new there for me. I am posting this at 34 minutes after the hour by my computer's clock.

13. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Last night I was creating a headline for a poll in 'trash can'. I had to cut down on the length of the headline significantly because it won't allow more characters. Would it be possible to allow longer headlines?

14. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been covered; I'm on a phone and very new at this. But I don't see a way to rep ppl. I have icons to report post and reply and quote, but how do I rep? I'm on android using the builtin browser.

15. purple skates

I haven't found a way to rep on the phone. :(

16. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I'm on android using the stock browser and the default FSU skin and I can rep. You can't do it on the mobile skin though.

Request for server guy (are you still here?). Can you make it so that when you insert a link, the text between the url tags is highlighted? This will make editing the text much easier, especially on a phone. Pretty please with sugar on top? I inserted a link using my phone yesterday and almost went postal trying to edit the text. :mad:

17. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Was it just me? I couldn't access the forum for about three hours just now. Some kind of boards error message kept appearing, citing MySQL error:(

18. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

board was down.. good place to go is the FSU face book.. we actually continued chatting on other peoples facebook..LOL..

19. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Board was down for 30-40 minutes tops, not three hours.

Apologies

20. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Oh thank you for the responses! I must have felt that long since I was really agitated not to get logged on FSU:D I love you FSU!!!

21. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

This is a very minor thing, but something this new board doesn't do (which the old one did). When you provide a link to another site, when you entered the URL in the pop up box and said okay, the link appeared in this reply box with the link twice, the second of which was highlighted in black where you could enter wording specific to the link (you could write whatever you wanted). Now there is just the link twice and you have to select the text for the second part to re-word how you want your link to read. Not a big problem, but if you delete one extra character, it could make the link invalid. This might be tougher to do for people who have disabilities with their hands or vision. Also, the links appear in dark blue amongst black text. I think people might not realize a link is provided because the two text colours are so close together. Could links be given a different colour or shade to make their being a link more obvious? Much thanks. :D

22. purple skates

I've had this happen a couple of times - wondering what the heck people were talking about, not realizing one of the words was actually a link.

23. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Yes, I miss the links all the time too.

24. Norlite

Norlite New Member

Me too.

25. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

The easiest way to do this is to type the text you want in your message, then highlight the text and *then* click on the link button, and paste your link into the box. Much easier!

26. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Okay, here goes...

(Isn't this the best video you've ever seen???)

Nan, Really, purple skates and 3 others like this.
  27. galaxygirl

Yes, this is what I was complaining about earlier.

This is very difficult to do on a phone. It shouldn't be too hard for Server Guy to fix (I think...).

28. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

It's an awesome video!

galaxygirl -- there are many things on the web that aren't fun to do on a phone. My response was for Peter to try on a regular computer.

29. galaxygirl

Yes, I know. What I meant was, even if it works on a computer, it doesn't work too well on a phone so I'm really hoping it gets fixed. :)

30. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Because it doesn't work on a phone doesn't necessarily mean it's broken.