Feedback and Post Upgrade

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Server Guy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

Is there a way to remove it completely? I find it highly distracting.

Thanks! :)

2. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I like it. :) Maybe we need a poll. :lol:

3. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

Lips? :shuffle:

4. milanessa

You've forgotten already?

5. nlloyd

nlloyd Active Member

I also find the floating "back to top" button distracting. It prevents me from reading the posts at the bottom of the screen. I have to keep scrolling up so that the post I'm reading is in the middle of the screen. Much more scrolling as a result.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Sorry I find it distracting too I'd like it removed alltogether :shuffle:

7. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

Loving the back to top feature. Working well on my iPad, so much faster and easier than finger scrolling.

And I was wondering about the lips too. Returning anytime soon?

8. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

Honest question: why does the 'top' button not work for those of you who like the 'back to top' button? When I finish reading the posts in a thread and need to get back to the top of the page, I just hit the 'top' button. There is no extra scrolling because the button is right there by the last post, under the page number links. Do you normally stop reading before you get to the end of the posts?

9. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Count me in as not being a fan of the back to top button.

10. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Hmmm, looks like we're split. Keep or get rid of it?

11. fscric

fscric Active Member

I like the 'back to top' button, and the way it rolls to the top of the page is fun.

12. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

I've come up with a genius solution. By default, the Back to Top button will be disabled (Sorry for everyone who likes it). Now, to re-enable it, go to 'General Settings' in your UserCP or follow this link. Scroll down to 'Thread Display Options' and there's a shiny new option allowing you to enable or disable the Back to Top button.

[​IMG]

13. milanessa

Never mind.

14. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

:)

15. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

:encore:

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

If I go on the "Settings" button on the top right, it brings me to the general FSU start page and not to the subscribed threads. :confused: This is only since yesterday - did something get changed?

17. JAF

JAF Well-Known Member

Glad Back to Top is gone - just extra clutter.

Question: Am I suppose to see my rep "star" in my postings? I only see the triangle.

18. milanessa

I don't think so. You should only see it on posts you can rep and since you can't rep your own it's not visible.

JAF and (deleted member) like this.
  19. JAF

JAF Well-Known Member

Thanks milanessa.
    On the old form I saw the rep thingy.

20. milanessa

Yeah, I did too. I think that change is just a tweak to clean up the board - no need to see what you can't use.

21. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

Did you modify anything ? I wanted to "debug" my "line-height:" problem in order to provide a documented feedback, but... it doesn't show anymore !

Anyway, that's great and really more enjoyable :)

22. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

See this - https://tmpdmp.com/i/a6b8bb5a87e10131/48d1948fcb8483ae

No, you're not mean't to. Might just be a cache issue, really nothing to worry about.

Haven't changed much except site optimization and the Back to Top button. Might've just been an issue with your cache and the way the browser handled it.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  23. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

Something happened that was either a glitch... or a glitch...

I got a notification of a rep comment but could not see any new rep comment. So was it from someone on my ignore list or just a glitch?

24. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

deleted

25. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Question. I'm not a subscriber, but I used to be able to see what posts of mine had received reputation or comments. I can't find that function anymore; is it still around? If so, where? Thanks. :)

26. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

It used to be under "Settings" (in the upper right corner) but that does not work for me any more. At least not under Firefox. Only under Internet Explorer. With Firefox I always get this page: http://www.fsuniverse.net/ when I click on settings.

27. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

Yep ! That's probably what happened, as I cleaned the cache before shutting down my computer the evenig before trying to check what the problem was :lol:

28. jjane45

jjane45 Active Member

The way signatures are displayed on my Android phone is very distracting. They are of the same font size and there is no break separating them from the body text. Is there anyway to make signatures smaller or have some division before them? Thank you!! Everything else works great now.

29. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I get confused with this sometimes too. I keep thinking the poster has posted, hit return 5 or 6 times and typed something else. :lol:

30. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

There used to be an arrow on the right after the thread title & before the no of replies which would take you to your last post. I can't find it anymore. Some of the "envelope" icons on the left have an arrow on them but nothing happens when I click on it.