Feedback and Post Upgrade

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Server Guy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I'm also using the default FSU web version on android (and the stock browser) and I'm not having any issues. I think it actually works better than the old FSU because I used to get a horrible lag when typing that drove me crazy but the new version seems to have fixed that. :cheer2:

2. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I've tried clicking on "Full Site" but I get an error and it won't pull up on my phone. :( I can't access FSU in my office, so I rely on my phone to read it during my breaks at work. I want the old version back! :drama:

On the new web version, when we post links is there any way for the link text to be highlighted so it's easily deleted like in the old version? It requires an extra step now to have to manually click on the link text and delete it if we want to rename it.

3. floxability

floxability New Member

I'm having the same problem on my Iphone. I can see the thread title and an envelope next to it, but I am unable to click on the envelope. Once I open the thread, there appears to be no way for me to continue on to the next pages. Please help!

4. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

is there an arrow on the right side of the page? or a page number at the bottom of the page?

5. floxability

floxability New Member

Nope.

6. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

This has been fixed for a while now. Try clearing your cache. It may be an issue with Safari but I can't debug that because I don't own an iPad.

Yes that is possible. See this screenshot: https://tmpdmp.com/i/7740ae7e22197303/11dcf336402d398a

You've subscribed to threads or your settings have you automatically subscribe to threads which send an email every time someone responds. These can be changed from your UserCP.

Again, see this: https://tmpdmp.com/i/7740ae7e22197303/11dcf336402d398a

Seems like a cache issue because on my device, it works fine. Try clearing your cache and see what happens.

7. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

8. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

I'm glad you are satisfied with my work. When working on someone elses site, I like to be as supportive as I can to the users of it and let them know that their voices are being heard. I've been testing the mobile style with my BlackBerry and everything works as it should.

9. TanithandBenFan

10. Lurking Skater

Lurking Skater Ms Lurker if you're nasty

Is there a way to mark forums as read in the mobile version? I can't find a link and I've been flipping to the regular view, marking the forums read and flipping back to the mobile view.

11. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

They're always there, if they're not it's a problem with your device's browser not the style.

Not as of yet unfortunately.

12. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Server Guy thank you so much fo ryour response. Sadly you overestimated my ability to follow directions. I continue to get copious amount of email responses to my posts on fsu. I did try to go to my userCP and thought I had changed it correctly but, alas, I still get email responses to a post. Can you help me one more time? thanks....

13. TanithandBenFan

Any other Blackberry users know the trick to getting the page numbers to appear then?

14. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Don't know if this will help. On my Droid - I have arrows on the side of the part of the forum (example Skate Canada 2012) I select the arrow which goes forward to the thread listings. I click on the arrow to the right of the thread name (example: Practice Ice).and page numbers are at the top of my screen. If I click the arrow on the right side of the screen, I go to the last read post in the thread.

Do you have those options?

15. TanithandBenFan

I don't have any arrows. I wish I could take a screen shot of what my mobile version looks like. It's very bare. I'm getting a new Blackberry on Monday since my current one cracked, so I'm hoping the newer model will handle this site better.

16. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Sure thing! Go to: UserCP -> General Settings -> Default Thread Subscription Mode. You'll want to change that to 'Do not subscribe'. That should do the trick.

I'm using a BlackBerry and it works for me. May just be the browser on your OS version.

17. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Thanks for a pretty seamless transition to the new board (at least for me). The only question I have is; where is the "User CP" now located? I have to keep on top of all the good feedback that keeps piling up. :shuffle:

18. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Top right of a page. It's called "Settings" now

19. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Rep copmments are under Notifications, along with PMs.

20. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I can't see them from there unless it's new rep. PM's yes, rep no. If I want to look back at older rep I have to look under Settings. Of course, there's not usually much of a reason to do that so maybe Wiery means new rep.

21. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Thanks, milanessa and Prancer!

22. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

Hi server guy !

I've got a problem in some posts (IE 9.0.10) with the letters g, j. y, q, etc... with the bottom of the letters "disappearing" (line height in CSS ?)

A special request : is it possible to add an #anchor to the profile in order to return @the top of the page ?

23. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Hi Diane,

I wasn't able to replicate your IE problem and I'm on the same version as you.

Also, you'd like a Back to Top button?

Edit: Back to Top button implemented. Let me know what you guys think.

24. galaxygirl

How is this different from the 'top' button?

Eta: ok, I figured out the difference. Needless to say, it doesn't work correctly on my phone. :lol:

25. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Why scroll down to the bottom when the button appears in a seductive matter once you scroll just a little bit? ;)

And, it's meant for use on a PC :p

26. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

It's OK with Firefox, but not IE... I tried to find if there was a kind of "logical" (i.e. every x post or every x line) but didn't found any...

Idea : I'll try to see if I can understand what's happeing with the dev. tool (F12) and will give you some feedback if I can find what's happening :p

Thanks a lot ! You rock, Server Guy ! :encore:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  27. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Sounds good, shoot me a PM and I'll look in to it for you :)

And I'm glad you think so :cool:

28. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

The back to top button is a little disorienting. Could it be moved so it's at the bottom corner of the screen, as opposed to hovering in that general vicinity, so it's not interfering as you scroll down? And maybe also to change the colors so it matches the color scheme insteads of being white on bright blue? (I'm also in favor of getting rid of it entirely, but it seems people like it :shuffle:)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  29. galaxygirl

So you can finish reading all the posts? ;) Honestly, I've never stopped reading a thread right in the middle of the page so I actually have no use for it, but it does float in the middle of the screen on my phone. It's really not an issue for me though.

30. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

Lips? :shuffle: