Feedback and Post Upgrade

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Server Guy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. fscric

fscric Active Member

I like the 'back to top' button, and the way it rolls to the top of the page is fun.
  2. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

I've come up with a genius solution. By default, the Back to Top button will be disabled (Sorry for everyone who likes it). Now, to re-enable it, go to 'General Settings' in your UserCP or follow this link. Scroll down to 'Thread Display Options' and there's a shiny new option allowing you to enable or disable the Back to Top button.

[​IMG]
  3. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Never mind.
  4. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

:)
  5. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

If I go on the "Settings" button on the top right, it brings me to the general FSU start page and not to the subscribed threads. :confused: This is only since yesterday - did something get changed?
  7. JAF

JAF Well-Known Member

Glad Back to Top is gone - just extra clutter.

Question: Am I suppose to see my rep "star" in my postings? I only see the triangle.
  8. milanessa

I don't think so. You should only see it on posts you can rep and since you can't rep your own it's not visible.
    JAF and (deleted member) like this.
  9. JAF

JAF Well-Known Member

Thanks milanessa.
    On the old form I saw the rep thingy.
  10. milanessa

Yeah, I did too. I think that change is just a tweak to clean up the board - no need to see what you can't use.
  11. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

Did you modify anything ? I wanted to "debug" my "line-height:" problem in order to provide a documented feedback, but... it doesn't show anymore !

Anyway, that's great and really more enjoyable :)
  12. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

See this - https://tmpdmp.com/i/a6b8bb5a87e10131/48d1948fcb8483ae

No, you're not mean't to. Might just be a cache issue, really nothing to worry about.

Haven't changed much except site optimization and the Back to Top button. Might've just been an issue with your cache and the way the browser handled it.
    numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

Something happened that was either a glitch... or a glitch...

I got a notification of a rep comment but could not see any new rep comment. So was it from someone on my ignore list or just a glitch?
  14. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

15. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Question. I'm not a subscriber, but I used to be able to see what posts of mine had received reputation or comments. I can't find that function anymore; is it still around? If so, where? Thanks. :)
  16. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

It used to be under "Settings" (in the upper right corner) but that does not work for me any more. At least not under Firefox. Only under Internet Explorer. With Firefox I always get this page: http://www.fsuniverse.net/ when I click on settings.
  17. Diane Mars

Diane Mars Active Member

Yep ! That's probably what happened, as I cleaned the cache before shutting down my computer the evenig before trying to check what the problem was :lol:
  18. jjane45

jjane45 New Member

The way signatures are displayed on my Android phone is very distracting. They are of the same font size and there is no break separating them from the body text. Is there anyway to make signatures smaller or have some division before them? Thank you!! Everything else works great now.
  19. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I get confused with this sometimes too. I keep thinking the poster has posted, hit return 5 or 6 times and typed something else. :lol:
  20. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

There used to be an arrow on the right after the thread title & before the no of replies which would take you to your last post. I can't find it anymore. Some of the "envelope" icons on the left have an arrow on them but nothing happens when I click on it.
  21. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Apologies if you're working on this already, Server Guy, but there's still an issue with vBookie - the actual bet options for vBookie bet items are not showing up.

Example here:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?85544

All I see is my having $500 in vCash and that I may bet multiple times - but there are no options to bet on, even though, as the vBet creator, I have created two options (Romney and Obama) and they are readily editable when I go in to modify the vBet.

Any help or magic tinkering would be much appreciated so we can get vBookies up and running again now that the skating season has begun! :40beers:
  22. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Something weird is going on with the anchors in the "go to last post". Sometimes it takes me to a post or two above the last post.
  23. milanessa

I like that. If I haven't been in a thread in a while it reminds me of what we were discussing.
  24. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

I found the button for going to THE last post but where is the arrow/button for going to MY last post?
  25. purple skates

I know I am probably the only one, but I miss the "last time you visited" info that used to be un the upper right hand corner.
  26. Norlite

Norlite New Member

You might be the only one.

Cause the rest of us have it at the bottom of the page now. :p
  27. purple skates

See what I get for never going to the bottom of the page? :lol:
    Norlite and (deleted member) like this.
  28. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Unfortunately that was a modification that was only designed for the last version of V Bulletin Software, still havent found one for this version :(
  29. immoimeme

immoimeme having a nice day

I'm on a public com[puter at the library and I am getting a lot of "page cannot be displayed" and weird forum formatting. I THINK this system is Windows 7 but I sure wouldn't swear to it. I't not Windows XP, I know that for sure. Mybe it's Vista? Well, what it IS is some version of Windows that really really sucks, so, uh, take yr pick lol.
  30. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Let me take a moment to apologise for the absence of vBookie post upgrade. This has now been resolved and you can all go back to gambling your vCash. I thank you for your patience during this time!

Most likely it's a problem with the way the library has set up the web browser. Nothing I can do unfortunately.
  31. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Did you address this before, I am having trouble with my clock tonight, it seems to have me posting 5 minutes faster than real time?

Also, with regard to the complaint about posts being far apart, I think he means all of the white space (about an inch) at the bottom of each post, therefore it takes more time to scroll through than before, if this makes sense? It looks like there must be a minimum size. Don't know how you would fix this or explain it.
  32. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

My posting clock has always been ahead of my real time - nothing new there for me. I am posting this at 34 minutes after the hour by my computer's clock.
  33. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Last night I was creating a headline for a poll in 'trash can'. I had to cut down on the length of the headline significantly because it won't allow more characters. Would it be possible to allow longer headlines?
  34. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Sorry if this has been covered; I'm on a phone and very new at this. But I don't see a way to rep ppl. I have icons to report post and reply and quote, but how do I rep? I'm on android using the builtin browser.
  35. purple skates

I haven't found a way to rep on the phone. :(
  36. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I'm on android using the stock browser and the default FSU skin and I can rep. You can't do it on the mobile skin though.

Request for server guy (are you still here?). Can you make it so that when you insert a link, the text between the url tags is highlighted? This will make editing the text much easier, especially on a phone. Pretty please with sugar on top? I inserted a link using my phone yesterday and almost went postal trying to edit the text. :mad:
  37. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Was it just me? I couldn't access the forum for about three hours just now. Some kind of boards error message kept appearing, citing MySQL error:(
  38. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

board was down.. good place to go is the FSU face book.. we actually continued chatting on other peoples facebook..LOL..
  39. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Board was down for 30-40 minutes tops, not three hours.

Apologies
  40. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Oh thank you for the responses! I must have felt that long since I was really agitated not to get logged on FSU:D I love you FSU!!!