Feedback and Post Upgrade

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Server Guy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Yes, would it be possible to make the separation line much darker?

2. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

You shouldnt be getting ads, can any other premium members let me know if you are?

3. Queeroldthing

Queeroldthing New Member

I, too, have the problem that the ad is partially over the sign in box on my PC. I can sign in, but I can't tick the "keep me signed in" box which means I have to log in every time I come to FSU. And you can't close the ad. This is annoying! Is it possible to move either the ad or the log in?

4. SHARPIE

I get ads (Have to make sure there is nothing too inappropriate) and logged out and didnt have this problem you describe. I am using IE7, what are you using?

5. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I love the new look. I am not yet 100% in knowing everything about the upgraded board, but I am quite happy with it so far.

6. Queeroldthing

Queeroldthing New Member

I have the same problem whether I use Internet Explorer or Firefox, but only on my PC, not on my tablet. The ad is coming through Google, it is AdChoices or AdSense ads based on other websites I have visited. I am not complaining about the ads themselves, just their placement on the page. It is a nuisance to have to log in each time. Logging out makes no difference. Am I the only one having this problem?

7. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Problem fixed. The ad in the header would clash with the login box code depending on factors such as your browser and screen resolution.

8. Queeroldthing

Queeroldthing New Member

Thank you, yes, it seems to be fixed. I was able to log in and stay logged in! Thanks!

9. Lanna

Lanna Well-Known Member

Could the Forum and What's New links in the header be swapped? :)

10. Choupette

Choupette Well-Known Member

Is it just me or the "+ Reply to Thread" buttons are pretty much useless? They only try to align me with the "Quick Reply" section, and then I have to click on "Go Advanced" to post as I usually did. Since the one at the bottom of the page is right above the "Quick Reply" box, it feels like it's not doing anything, and I didn't expect the one at the top to do that either.

I've tried to see if this had already been discussed but couldn't find anything.

11. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I'm probably being picky, but it seems like there is more white space at the end each post than before. Is there an extra line in there that could be removed or made smaller?

It looks okay when people make long posts but the smaller ones look a bit odd to me.

eta- Nevermind. The lightbulb went on. It's the size of our sidebar information that is determining the posting box size.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  12. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

What does a "Go Advanced" reply offer that a "Quick Reply" does not?

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. SHARPIE

That's not new, it was there before. It just offers more features such as more smilie options etc.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I wonder - would it be possible to make the posts of people who are on the ignore list a bit smaller? This is not an important issue, just something that bugs me a little bit - I have quite a few people on ignore and their posts take up a loooot of space in the threads because each blocked out post is so huge.

15. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Not impressed with Tapatalk. Doesn't keep me logged in. Doesn't show emoticons, just the code. Doesn't allow repping - which I was hoping it did since the default phone browser doesn't. If you want something better than the default, don't bother spending the $$ on this, IMO.

16. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

Thanks, sk8er. I guess I'll stick with the default web view on my phone like I did with the previous version of FSU.

Also, seconding (I think) the request to go directly to advanced edit when clicking on reply with quote. Pretty please. :)

17. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I actually don't mind using tapatalk for browsing, since it is quick and has a recent post function, but I hate not being able to rep :(

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

18. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

The emoticons have been hit or miss (see some but not all and wouldn't be surprised if it varied between iOS and Android), but Tapatalk has kept my login and even read placement between the app and browser. Not sure why it isn't in sk8er1964's case, that would be annoying.

Rep may be have to saved for the desktop unfortunately. :(

19. purple skates

I could rep with the browser in the old format, but not leave a message. I haven't tried it in the browser format with the new site.

20. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Something strange about the emoticons. When I am typing my post for the first time, I don't see the emoticons, but if I go back to edit the post, I see the emoticons on the right. Not sure why I am not seeing them earlier.

21. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Just noticed that everybody now has their user name bolded, not just the Glorious Admins. Just an observation.

22. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

The emoticons aren't there in quick reply - you have to click go advanced. But when you edit, it takes you to the advanced mode automatically.

23. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

I know I am making this harder than needed but I can't find out how to opt out of getting email responses to my posts. What am I doing worng?

24. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Am I just trying to rep the same people - I think that every single person I tried to give rep to today, I was told I had to spread it around. I know that there are some posters that I want to rep on a routine basis, but everyone today?

NM - I just repped someone.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  25. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

The overlap happens on my iPad running Safari. I got around it by enlarging the page so there was some space for me to enter my data. I cannot see the "keep me signed in", even with the page enlarged.

26. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Is there any way on the mobile version to open a thread and click on the last page of that thread? I don't see the page numbers listed at all. I'd like to see the newest posts in the thread (usually the last page), not just the first page. I'm using a Blackberry. It's a pity that the "Settings" button is not available on mobile. So far, the old version of FSU was much, much more user-friendly on my phone. :(

27. purple skates

The blue arrow to the right of the thread title will do that (ie go to the last post viewed).

28. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I have the exact same problem. I have an Android Galaxy Nexus. I normally use Opera Mini to browse the internet but I can never get beyond the first page of a thread. The native browser seems okay, but it looks completely different from when I surf FSU on my desktop.

29. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I don't see any arrows next to the thread titles on my phone version.

30. purple skates

Bummer. :(

I'm using the default FSU web version on an android, if that helps.