Feedback and Post Upgrade

Discussion in 'Board Business' started by Server Guy, Oct 18, 2012.

1. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Do you have it set to accept cookies in your web browser settings?

2. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Do you have your settings on your phone to close all applications to save battery life? That might be why you get logged out.

3. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

After I post a comment and enter it all seems fine, but the next time I refresh the page, the Quick Reply box is preloaded with my previous entry again.

Is this just me or is everyone seeing this? I find it somewhat annoying

4. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

What browser are you using to browse FSU?

5. Bunny Hop

Bunny Hop Perpetually learning Dutch Waltz

I am still getting the problem that a couple of others have reported, namely that after I make a post, the next time I return to the thread, clicking on the 'go to first new post' icon, I don't get taken to the first unread post (i.e. whichever post follows the one I made), but to a random post 2-3 pages on, at the top of whatever page it's chosen. It's definitely not just that others have posted while I was making my post, because I usually won't return to the same thread until the following day, so there are several hours worth of posts following mine. So the sequence is:

1) Post to thread
    2) Leave thread
    3) Return to thread the following day (or even just several hours later), clicking 'First Unread Post' option
    4) Am taken to post 2-3 pages onward from the actual first unread post (which should be the one under the post I made the previous day)

I'm using Firefox.

6. Server Guy

Server Guy Guest

Hi Bunny Hop. I'll investigate further for you as right now, I can't replicate this. The forum is using sophisticated methods to correctly mark threads/forums/posts as unread or read. Usually this nearly always works as intended but I'll keep digging to see what I can find. Thank you for being patient :)