Favorite Star Trek series

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Jot the Dot Dot, Jun 2, 2010.

?

Favorite Trek series?

Poll closed Jun 15, 2010.
  1. Star Trek, origional series

16 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. TNG

61 vote(s)
    68.5%
  3. Voyager

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Enterprise

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Animated series

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

TNG, all the way. I also loved all the movies too.

2. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised that I'm the only one who thinks DS9 is the best series. I thought the acting was the best overall and I can't think of any episodes from any other series that were better than The Visitor, Far Beyond the Stars, Duet, Whispers, In the Pale Moonlight, Hard Time, and Trials and Tribbleations. (I would put Inner Light and Best of Both Worlds from TNG on a similar level.) I think DS9 turned off a lot of viewers because it moved so dramatically from the Star Trek formula.

3. allyx82

allyx82 New Member

I love TNG only because it was the first ones I saw.. but I also love TOS too.. And I love the new movie too .... Spock was hot in both of them lol

4. Karen-W

Karen-W Well-Known Member

TNG is my fave but DS9 would be a close second. I think if I were to ever watch DS9 in its entirety in a marathon viewing sometime it might surpass TNG. Alas, I'd have to rent the DVDs because I doubt it'll wind up in syndication anytime soon.

5. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

You're not the only one. I posted upthread that I think so. :D

6. Evilynn

Evilynn ((Swedish skating dudes))

TNG all the way. With Voyager a close second. I'd actually like to re-watch Voyager again, I've rewatched the other series a number of times. DS9 grew on me, but they've got too many damned Ferengi episodes and not enough characters I really cared about.

I do.

I thought s1 and s2 of ENT kinda sucked, but s3 was excellent and s4 was also very solid, but by then they'd scared off most of the fans, so it got shut down. :(

7. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I liked TNG when I watched. Picard was the best :)

8. Civic

Civic New Member

The original series with Deep Space 9 following a close second. DSN had two yummy male actors in Avery Brooks (love his voice) and Alexander Siddig. And then there was Gul Dukat, the best TV villain since JR Ewing. I liked TNG well enough but I can't watch the episodes over and over again the way I can episodes from the original series.

9. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I was a kid in the mid-60's, so I actually remember when the original series first aired. Boy, does that ever show how old I am... :eek:

10. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

My husband always trots out that line!!! Um, have you HEARD any of his Shakespearean monologues? I don't think they can properly be called acting. They're simply. . . bizarre. (Sorry that I can't supply some examples, because they're quite entertaining.) I give you that he can do funny, for sure. But really seriously act? Naaah.

Civic: AVERY BROOKS. IS. THE. AWESOME.

11. OrioleBeagle

OrioleBeagle Active Member

I loved Voyager and Enterprise. I was heartbroken when Enterprise ended after only four seasons. I miss Captain Archer's beagle Porthos!

12. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

TNG. DS9 is watchable.

13. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Avery Brooks is a great actor! He himself, is a little, um, different. I saw an interview with him once where he both asked himself questions and answered them! The interviewer was amused, kind of like, remind me why am I here?

14. JumpinBug

JumpinBug New Member

DS9! This is the best nerdy thread ever!

15. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

We called her "borg-bie". :lol:

16. BellaSTRARSSA!

BellaSTRARSSA! Member

You're not the only one. I got the whole Enterprise series as a birthday gift and it's become my favorite along with TOS. I like TNG, too. Never got into DS9 or Voyager.

17. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Shoot, I meant to vote for TNG. Jean Luc Picard :respec:

18. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

TNG! Trivia question. Which series did a remake of the famous Star Trek classic episode, "Trouble With Tribbles"? I'm asking because I think it was either TNG or DS9 and I don't remember which. :lol: Any help appreciated! :)

19. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I think it's no contest.

Nothing beats this. End of story.

Although I have to admit that 7 of 9 is the Marilyn Monroe of the series. Whatever happened to that actress?

20. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Deep Space Nine.

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Jeri Ryan? I think she's on "Leverage" now. She was on "Shark" too - which I was James Woods show the I loved, so of course it only lasted about 2 seasons.

22. sk8pics

ITA! I still remember the chills from hearing Patrick Stewart's delivery of those lines.

BTW, for those in the Philadelphia area, Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, John DeLancie and others are making appearance next weekend at wizardworld. Info is here: http://www.wizardworld.com/home-pa.html

23. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Some of you may have already seen this, but it cracked me up.

24. reckless

This is a classic one I've linked in response to a few posts on this site.

25. walei

walei Well-Known Member

WOOHOO Star Trek thread!!

My Ranking:

1. Voyager: Although the hardcore Trekkies regard Voyager as the weak link of the franchise, I loved it through and through! Janeway was by far my favorite character and the best Trek Captain IMHO. Her take no sh!t from no one attitude was just way too awesome and totally refreshing. When Picard would try to find a diplomatic solution to every threats, Janeway would blow you to pieces if her crew and her ship was compromised.

Not to mention great characters like Seven of Nine, The Doctor, and the whole Borg storyline it was one of my favorite TV ever!

2. DS9: I really enjoyed the drawn out story arcs with the Dominion war and the religious undertone. DS9 really focused on the characters because they are on a space station and often times they cannot rely on the "alien of the week" to make a show. The acting as a group was the strongest from the franchise, especially Nana Visitor who played Kira.

3. TNG: Grew up with TNG, didn't like it at the beginning but totally won me over towards the middle. I love the setting of Enterprise D, the bridge looked like a family room it was so cozy :D. I remember they had a series finale party at Sky Dome!! Too bad I couldn't go...

4. Enterprise: It was just mediocre... My eyes rolled so hard every time the script had lines like "Maybe you Vulcans would do XXXX but we humans would do XXXX because humanity is blah blah blah".. and that happened pretty much every other episode. The characters were also...not likable except for a T'Pol, Sato, and Phlox. Oh and Porthos, I got a beagle because of him :D. Another problem I had with Enterprise was the storyline. So many episodes were rehashes from previous series it was really evident that the franchise needed a deserving break.

5. The Original Series: Never really seen it but my dad was an uber fan and he got me into Star Trek/Sci Fi in general.

I do hope the new movies would reinvigorate the franchise and they give us a new series... preferable set in after Voyager's time line. I want to see what happens to Alpha Quadrant and the Federation!

26. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thank you! It's been awhile since I've seen that particular episode. :)

27. reckless

The episode is Trials and Tribble-ations. I actually think DS9 did a better job using the original show's mythos than TNG. TNG had the episodes with Scottie and Spock, but they were pretty dull (and the quick bit with Bones in the pilot was a throwaway). DS9 put its characters into the tribble episode, created an entire set of episodes using the TOS Mirror Universe, and did a good episode using TOS Klingons.

28. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Seeing how little people appreciate the TOS makes me want to cry.:wuzrobbed

29. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

I actually met George 'Mr. Sulu' Takei. Still has that instantly recognisable voice. And $H!T has he aged better than Shatner. :lol::lol:

30. sk8pics

ITA about the mirror universe episodes in DS9, but I kind of liked Spock's appearances in TNG. And yes, the bit with Bones in the TNG pilot was a throwaway, but I still liked it a lot.

I remember going to a Creation Con once and George Takei was one of the guests. He was very nice to people, signing autographs and chatting away. Afterwards, I was in the hotel bar with a few friends, and he bounced in (he was very high energy :lol:) and was looking for some friends, and stopped and asked me and my friends if we'd seen them. :lol: Then he found his friends and ran off! It was kind of surreal actually.